By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you buy a more expensive and more powerful PS4K model?

Would you buy a PS4K ?

Yes 86 33.73%

No, not yet. But i am supportive of this idea 40 15.69%

No, i don't like this concept at all. 127 49.80%

Total:253

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha! No.

Being $700 goes against what a console is. People shouldn't have to pay $700 just to get games to run like they're supposed to.

Around the Network
method114 said:
super6646 said:

No! For starters it'll be more in the range of 1500$ (4k is more expensive then you think). Also developers aren't going to develop for 2 platforms that are the same except for hardware. So no, bad idea. Also very few would buy it. It would cost similar to a PC, and in that case I'd just build a PC.

There is no way it would be in the $1500 range. 4k is not as expensive as you think. Espicially if the aim is just 30fps.

Why would I settle for just 30 FPS? I want 60 FPS (at least in FPS genre). And EVEN for 30 FPS, a GTX 970 or 980 is the absolute min for 4k. Those are around 600$. Then for a CPU, you can't put and i3 with a GTX 980. You'd need an i7, another 500$. Then additional components includ controller, PSU, motherboard, ect. In all, 1500$ would still be a money lose for Sony.

I would pay more for a ps4 that could play all games at 1080p 30fps-locked on ultra. Something about 500

What's with everyone getting all worked up with OP not being possible ? Harry Potter's plot is not happening either, but we can discuss it all the same.

OT : I wouldn't buy a ps4k, as 1) im poor 2) I don't care much about visuals
Also is this a new 3DS thread in a disguise ?!

Umm not a million years!

Around the Network

Hell no.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

no thanks

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

super6646 said:
method114 said:

There is no way it would be in the $1500 range. 4k is not as expensive as you think. Espicially if the aim is just 30fps.

Why would I settle for just 30 FPS? I want 60 FPS (at least in FPS genre). And EVEN for 30 FPS, a GTX 970 or 980 is the absolute min for 4k. Those are around 600$. Then for a CPU, you can't put and i3 with a GTX 980. You'd need an i7, another 500$. Then additional components includ controller, PSU, motherboard, ect. In all, 1500$ would still be a money lose for Sony.

You don't need an i7 an i5 will work fine.  My 290 and i5 is running 4k like a champ. Ryse and Crysis 3 have been the only games that are unplayable at 4k but I don't need to drop it all the way down to 1080p either. This is with games maxed out completely. Which they don't even do with consoles now at 1080p. So I still think $1500 is to much. If I can build a 4k system for way under $1500 there is no reason Sony couldn't do it. Plus since the programming for consoles is what they call "bare metal coding" or whatever they called it the hardware wont need to be at PC levels. 

No

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

The Ps4 could have had 200% more power and still the devs would have pushed the graphics to the top and making it 30fps. Multiplatforms would be the only games to reach 60fps due for the limitations of the hardware on the other platform.
Games on the Ps4 and XB1 haven't fully been optimized yet, sooner or later they will and it will perform slightly better.
It all depends on the coding actually on how well structured the script is. i guess it will be better as the SDK gets better for them

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90