By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you buy a more expensive and more powerful PS4K model?

Would you buy a PS4K ?

Yes 86 33.73%

No, not yet. But i am supportive of this idea 40 15.69%

No, i don't like this concept at all. 127 49.80%

Total:253

This would be rip imo.

Around the Network

No, not unless I can harness the power of this super PS4 to travel back in time and unbuy my PS2 and then also not buy a PS4K in the future and create a hilarious time paradox.

which graphic card can be used for 4k graphics to begin with? single graphic card? and how much it cost? :)

Nope, sounds like a rip off!
Change the details and then yes, I would :)

-Remove 4k, its pointless for 99% of people and would require way too much power.
-I suspect a PS4 that could hit 60fps on the most graphical intensive PS4 games (witcher 3) would cost far less then $700, we will likely see 20nm PS4 in production before the years end that in itself allows for 30% power boost at the same cost.

You need to specify a date, if it was released today it would have different success and reception from if it was released in 2017.

If the deets were:
release: fall 2016
Price ($379)- (standard PS4- $299)

If they were to release this, it would make sense to include graphical changes as not ever game needs 60fps and some will already be 60fps 1080p. I don't think its that hard for developers to implement higher graphical settings (which already are utilised for the PC builds) if the achitecture is identical to the OG PS4's.

I think Sony already knows that it's a bad idea to launch a console at over $600.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Around the Network

You're not building a game system that can game in 4k for 700 right now.

No, because I am a good 5-10 years off buying a 4K television and think this would only confuse people. The fewer SKUs the better for console makers.

bad idea.
At best I think make PS5 use the same system as the PS4, so it can be backwards campatible.
Done the end.

I dont even think the PS5 should be 4k gameing, but instead 2560x resolution.

impertinence said:
No, not unless I can harness the power of this super PS4 to travel back in time and unbuy my PS2 and then also not buy a PS4K in the future and create a hilarious time paradox.

LoL

And Chrono Cross thought it had it bad. 

probably not but i could very well see myself buying a PSVR if they have something like colony wars for it.