By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Massive earthquake to hit California 28-29/5

reggin_bolas said:
Well I am man enough to admit I was wrong. Though my faith in the ultimate apocalypse remains unshaken. I think flooding Europe with a horde of Muslim immigrants will certainly help speed things up in the future.

There were times when Islam ruled the entirety of the Iberian peninsula, Sicily, Southern Italy, the Balkans up to the gates of Vienna (Not all simultaneously). There was also a century long stretch where Christian regions were outright conquered by Islamic forces in Armenia, the levant area, parts of turkey, Egypt, all of Northern Africa, and (as said before) the Iberian peninsula.

It would seem to me, then, if that didn't trigger the apocalypse then some poor, desperate immigrants moving into comparatively wealthy western nations is unlikely to trigger anything. It may seem chaotic, but current circumstances have nothing on past mass migration/invasion events.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
Well I am man enough to admit I was wrong. Though my faith in the ultimate apocalypse remains unshaken. I think flooding Europe with a horde of Muslim immigrants will certainly help speed things up in the future.

I would commend you for admiting you were wrong but since the above is not attached to something that shows you went back and reflected on what you said and came to the conclusion that you can't believe you actually rooted for that to happen, then it won't happen.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

curl-6 said:

Damn, I guess we weren't sinful enough.

We need to sin harder guys; everyone needs to get out there and eat seafood, wear garments that mix linen and wool, and work on Sundays. 

Oh fuck...

Those are sins ? Ok so in that case the christian god will definetly put me into hell I commit sins every day if thats true. I love seafood and I have to work on sundays... Don t know about my clothes maybe all of them are wool mixed with linen I have no clue..

So basically this would be my ticket to hell and makes me and Hitler suffer together for eternety ? Seems fair.

Machina said:

I share your concerns about Islam. It's a pretty terrifying, violent ideology. However, 'all' that this mass immigration into Europe will result in is an increase in crime, especially sexual crimes and theft/burglary, and a gradual erosion of liberties and social attitudes (equal rights for women, gay rights, animal rights, social liberalism, etc.) we've become so used to in Europe that we're extraordinarily complacent about them being somehow the End of History. All worrying, especially if you live in one of the European countries that takes in a large proportion of these migrants, but it's not even close to an apocalypse...

On the subject of astrology - it's depressing how this bullshit isn't laughed out of western society. Carl Sagan deconstructed it well in Cosmos over 35 years ago.

These days I'm watching Cosmos for a second time with my sister. Amazing series.

In Latin America the astrology following is so strong that pseudo-news programs have a section dedicated to it.

Err...Did I miss the tremor? 9.8 was it?

Around the Network
Machina said:

I watched it for the first time just a couple of months ago. It was generally excellent, despite being 35+ years old, and full of fascinating stuff. Sort of sparked an interest in space that I've not had since I was very young.

I went through something similar. That interest is in a lot of us but somehow we don't cultivate it due to other distractions, lack of guidance and focus in other things.

I sparked that same curiousity in my sister when I showed her some of the first episodes. She's currently dealing with time dilation and is very interesting on it all. I will show her Christopher Nolan's Interstellar as a "study appendix", but then tell her all the things that are made up in there.

I knew of Cosmos when I saw the teaser trailer for the newest Cosmos with Tyson. Then I looked for the orginal one and then went for the other. The original really holds up very well, even to this time.

The series really helps you understand the things that happen around us, what makes them be what they are, and the possibilties behind them and how pretty much everything is connected.

As a Dutch person I'd like apologize that a Dutch person brought this nonsense into the world.

S.Peelman said:
As a Dutch person I'd like apologize that a Dutch person brought this nonsense into the world.

Unfortunately there are many idiots in this world who have said something similar, so dont feel sad because this time it was a dutchman :D

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Machina said:
reggin_bolas said:

I share your concerns about Islam. It's a pretty terrifying, violent ideology. However, 'all' that this mass immigration into Europe will result in is an increase in crime, especially sexual crimes and theft/burglary, and a gradual erosion of liberties and social attitudes (equal rights for women, gay rights, animal rights, social liberalism, etc.)

Around the time this thread was made, reggin_bolas claimed he was converting to Islam because he felt Christianity was too soft on gays.

Welp, nothing happened, I guess...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."