By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Rugby World Cup 2015 Official thread New Zealand vs Australia in the Final!!!!

Who do you think will win?

New Zealand 73 41.24%

Australia 21 11.86%

England 9 5.08%

South Africa 14 7.91%

Ireland 16 9.04%

Wales 10 5.65%

France 10 5.65%

Argentina 18 10.17%

USA 3 1.69%

Other 3 1.69%

Total:177

Why is the US so bad in Rugby? lol

Around the Network
NewGuy said:
Why is the US so bad in Rugby? lol

Them not having a professional league and not caring about the sport that much are pretty major factors...

nanarchy said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Woah, didn't expect an Argentina win, especially by that much! Congrats to them!

Now, can Australia finish the southern dominance?

I am hopeful for Australia, but we played pretty poorly against scotland, we are just too inconsistent. I think Aus are the only team that can beat NZ at this point but I don't hold much hope for it.  The only way for it to happen will be for NZ to have an aweful match while Aus team would have to play a perfect match at a 110%.

Any team in the top 4 could beat the All Blacks but like you said they'd have to be having a blinder 

Metroid33slayer said:
All the tier 1 nations are capable of beating other tier 1 nations by 20 points or so. All except New zealand that are capable of beating other tier one nations by 50 points. I still can't believe that they beat france by 49 points, that is just insane. I don't think any team has a prayer of stopping them.

Two more games and hopefully NZ will be the first back to back champions!

think-man said:
Metroid33slayer said:
All the tier 1 nations are capable of beating other tier 1 nations by 20 points or so. All except New zealand that are capable of beating other tier one nations by 50 points. I still can't believe that they beat france by 49 points, that is just insane. I don't think any team has a prayer of stopping them.

To be fair considering how Argentina owned Ireland, and that France and Ireland came out of the same group and that Irelands only big win was over France it may be a case that Ireland and France werent actualy well at all and the first time they played a real team (Argentina and NZ respectivelly) they got mauled. What Im trying to say is we might be overestimating NZs win over France.  NZ is awesome we all know that but it might not be that awesome and I think SA, Argentina and Australia all have a fair chance of beating NZ, considering they play a great match and NZ plays average.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Metroid33slayer said:

And they would be deserved winners because they are the full package. Speed, power and talent especially talent. Their handling and offloading was flawless, they never made any handling errors what so ever It was like rugby from the gods. I'm english (don't laugh) and us english like to cheer the underdog so i will be rooting for argentina even though i know New Zealand are the overwhelming favourites. If or most likely when they lift the cup in a couple of weeks time it will be fitting because the best team in rugby history deserves to win the most world cups and obviously when they win they will overtake South africa and Australia.

DakonBlackblade said:
think-man said:

To be fair considering how Argentina owned Ireland, and that France and Ireland came out of the same group and that Irelands only big win was over France it may be a case that Ireland and France werent actualy well at all and the first time they played a real team (Argentina and NZ respectivelly) they got mauled. What Im trying to say is we might be overestimating NZs win over France.  NZ is awesome we all know that but it might not be that awesome and I think SA, Argentina and Australia all have a fair chance of beating NZ, considering they play a great match and NZ plays average.

What do you mean nz plays average? They are the most consistent team in the world. Best record, longest time as 1st ranked country. Teams may beat nz once but nz will beat them 5 times to their one victory.

think-man said:

What do you mean nz plays average? They are the most consistent team in the world. Best record, longest time as 1st ranked country. Teams may beat nz once but nz will beat them 5 times to their one victory.

I mean if they dont play a great game and the oposing team plays a great game they can be beaten by any of the 3 teams on the semis, I dont think theyre so far ahead of everyone they can win even on a off day.

Well my predictions were pretty far off.

I do think (hope) Australia will get up over Argentina. NZ will beat RSA.

And then NZ will comfortably demolish my Wallabies in the final. As payback for the cricket world cup.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Well my predictions were pretty far off.

I do think (hope) Australia will get up over Argentina. NZ will beat RSA.

And then NZ will comfortably demolish my Wallabies in the final. As payback for the cricket world cup.

Haha yeah you made some wild predictions!! xD