By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioware: Mass Effect 2 will be "richer" than original

darthdevidem01 said:
@strategyking92

no MASS EFFECT is over rated imo....its one of the MOST boring & slow RPG games I have ever played

FF7 should spit on it....mass effect is that worthless compared to FF7

says the man who owns every damned console except an x360?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Deviation59 said:
yungmagic09 said:
I hope this game will be longer than the first one.

It pretty much has to be. They don't need to spend any more time creating their IP - it's all about fleshing it out and telling a story now.

well if it's too long, that might be a bad thing though, i liked that it was as long as you wanted it to be, based on your decisions.

EDIT:

okay now I feel like i'm spamming, so, ill be back tommorrow, I gotta get my game on   (that's possibly the stupidest thing i've said/typed all day.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

@strategyking92

well at least I don't hope FANS of another system get a crapy port for my own satisfaction...who's worse??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

That's OK then. I was actually fully onboard the hype train for Mass Effect. If there's any company I'm truly a fanboy for, it's Bioware. But I was expecting a 10+ from Mass Effect and I got more of a 7. On the other hand, so many other people talk it up like it was that 10+ I was expecting, hence my opinion that it's insanely overrated.

I'll bash Mass Effect without apology because I think it deserves it - but at the same time I'm still expecting a 10+ out of the sequels. Bioware earned my trust many times over with Baldur's Gate II and KOTOR.

darthdevidem01 said:
@strategyking92

well at least I don't hope FANS of another system get a crapy port for my own satisfaction...who's worse??

your version deserves the score ours has. (on here)

and I don't get any satisfaction, I don't stand in front of my computer going "oh yeah, sony  dying feels so good on my body." (imagine the will ferrall scene in starsky and hutch)

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
I loved ME.

I hope that they can get the whole texture loading thing fixed on 2, also the long, and frequent elevator rides, otherwise, I may not purchase it.

Yeah, if the Normandy is really the most advanced vessel in the Alliance fleet, why is her elevator so damn slow?

DMeisterJ said:
Alasted said:
Here's hoping for moar Tali.

lol.  of course.

Would I be presumptuous to chalk you up as a fellow Tali fanboy?

I would hope so, maybe some sidequests in ships and bunkers that don't all look identical? ME was an awesome game but they've left themselves more than enough room for improvement.

Mass Effect was a bit disappointing, KOTOR too. I've lost trust in Bioware after these 2 games.

Don't get me wrong, they're both good RPG's, but they're nowhere near Baldur's Gate 2 league.

If Bioware does flesh out, ME2 would need to be atleast a +30 hours "main" playtime and additional 70 hours of side-quests. Plus, actually make the dialogue wheel useful and not just some gimmick.

darthdevidem01 said:
@strategyking92

no MASS EFFECT is over rated imo....its one of the MOST boring & slow RPG games I have ever played

FF7 should spit on it....mass effect is that worthless compared to FF7

FFVII can't spit on much of anything. It is by far the most overrated and overhyped game of all time. Mass Effect actually has coherent and cohesive story unlike Final Fantasy VII. The characters in Mass Effect actually have depth. What makes this more amazing is the game gives you choices and still has such a good story line. Linear titles are supposed to have the more fleshed out story because they don't have to account for the variance of player action. Mass Effect does and still has the superior story. The multiple classes of Mass Effect actually serve a purpose. If Mass Effect was like Final Fantasy VII. Shepherd would be a soldier that was able to use all biotic and tech skills thus nullifying any strategic element of the game. Hell, even if it did make such a grave mistake at least having different characters with you gives you different commentary and perspective on the same events.

Lol Darc....I don't know what FFVII did to you, but I can always count on you to make an appearance when the game is mentioned.