By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioware: Mass Effect 2 will be "richer" than original

I just hope theres more variety in the combat (shooting things gets old quick) and that the main story is longer than 15 hours. Side missions that are actually worth a damn would be cool too.

Around the Network

combat needs to be tweaked, or else i'll just use the shotgun throughout the whole game (i learned my lesson with the weak-ass pistol)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

kingofwale said:
a little off topic here, but is Mass Effect 2 an xbox360/PC game or will they also make a PS3 version this time? Thanks

In my opinion, it's all speculation at this point.

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k
Ninja Gaiden - 800k LTD [?] On its way.
Banjo-Kazooie N&B - 2 Million
Lost Odyssey - 500k LTD [X] surpassed
Too Human - 1.4 Million

Strategyking92 said:
Deviation59 said:
It damn well better be. They don't have to create a universe or learn a new game engine this time. There won't be enough fanboys spooging over the half-game to cover up if they don't deliver this time. I enjoyed Mass Effect to a point and I'm really, really, really looking forward to the sequels... but Mass Effect is the most overrated RPG of all time.

Yeah, I said it. It's more overrated than Final Fantasy VII. In fact, I'd say that it's the most disappointing game that Bioware has ever put out. But I have a lot of faith in Bioware - I think they can make up for all of it in the sequel.

wait, it was hyped? It only won 1 Game of the year award.

BTW, ff7 is overrated.

I didn't sayone single word about hype. If you're going to quote me, at least read the bloody quote.

Here's hoping for moar Tali.

Around the Network
Alasted said:
Here's hoping for moar Tali.

lol.  of course.

I hope this game will be longer than the first one.

yungmagic09 said:
I hope this game will be longer than the first one.

It pretty much has to be. They don't need to spend any more time creating their IP - it's all about fleshing it out and telling a story now.

@strategyking92

no MASS EFFECT is over rated imo....its one of the MOST boring & slow RPG games I have ever played

FF7 should spit on it....mass effect is that worthless compared to FF7

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Deviation59 said:
Strategyking92 said:
Deviation59 said:
It damn well better be. They don't have to create a universe or learn a new game engine this time. There won't be enough fanboys spooging over the half-game to cover up if they don't deliver this time. I enjoyed Mass Effect to a point and I'm really, really, really looking forward to the sequels... but Mass Effect is the most overrated RPG of all time.

Yeah, I said it. It's more overrated than Final Fantasy VII. In fact, I'd say that it's the most disappointing game that Bioware has ever put out. But I have a lot of faith in Bioware - I think they can make up for all of it in the sequel.

wait, it was hyped? It only won 1 Game of the year award.

BTW, ff7 is overrated.

I didn't sayone single word about hype. If you're going to quote me, at least read the bloody quote.

well sometimes "hyped" and "overrated" are put together (like people use with halo 3)

I guess I just kinda assumed what you meant... sorry.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive