By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your unpopular gaming opinions?

OdinHades said:

I want Xbox to die.

Interesting from someone who has +10000 gamerscore! :P

Around the Network

Brawl is better than Melee

Final Fantasy XIII was good

The graphics in Xenoblade aren't THAT bad

The NES is severely overrated in terms of games

I prefer handhelds over consoles

Skyward Sword was AMAZING

Soul Calibur II is decent, nothing more nothing less

The New Super Mario Bros series has generally gotten better over time. the 3DS and Wii U entries are far better than their DS and Wii counterparts.

Final Fantasy 4 is the best entry in the main series.

Half-Life 2 is not that impressive nowadays, especially compared to Valve's other games.

Mario Kart 8 had a better Battle Mode than any entry in the series since Double Dash or so.

Resident Evil was only good for a brief period of time on the GameCube. The 5th gen games, which supposedly revolutionized horror in games, was both predated by a number of other horror games like Alone in the Dark, Clock Tower, and Capcom's own Sweet Home. Horror games released after the first Resident Evil often surpassed it, especially Silent Hill 2. RE5 and RE6 likewise are infeior to third-person shooters both before 2008 and after them. RE4 is the only main entry to stand the test of time.

"Metroidvania" is a terrible name for the genre. Symphony of the Night, which was responsible for the second half of the name, came out a decade later than Metroid and sold far less copies. It would be like naming the FPS genre "Halostein" or something.

The "Tidus Laughing" Scene from Final Fantasy X was one of the best parts of the game, and one of the few where the voice acting was truly on the mark.

The Super Smash Bros series has often done a bad job choosing which characters to include and how to represent them.

• In the original, Ness should not have had access tO moves like PK Fire or PK Thunder, seeing as he was more of a Fighter/Healer in his original game. Captain Falcon should not have been included, seeing as he was not exactly a prolific character in even his home series.
  • Melee did a poor job with new Zelda characters. Though Zelda's Sheik form was not necessarily a bad idea, it made her hard to associate with games other than Ocarina of Time. Furthermore, her abilities show little resemblance to their original forms in her home series. Din's Fire was originally a close ranged attack, not a projectile. Her slow speed makes little sense considering how she is literally Sheik. Her lack of Light Arrows is also bizzare. Speaking of this series, Ganondorf was a mess. In his home series, he was most likely to use either swords, magic, or perhaps a trident. Why does he rely on his fists then? If you had to make him a clone, at least make him a Marth clone so his weapon is more appropriate. Or skip Ganondorf and use Ganon as a Bowser clone.
  • Brawl improved some characters, but also made some mistakes. Wolf may not have been a complete clone, but was still not a good choice considering how Star Fox was largely irrelevant even at the time. If anything, not being a clone means Wolf possibly came at the expense of another character. Snake may have been the original 3rd party fighter, but his lack of guns felt like Link without a sword; inappropriate. Lucas came from a great game, but added little to the roster either in terms of popularity or gameplay diversity. His use of offensive PK abilities rather than healing ones was even more egregious than it was with Ness.
  • In SSB4, Lucina is ridiculously similar to Marth, even by clone standards. At very least, she could have borrowed Robin's Final Smash, much like how Dark Pit borrowed his from Zelda instead of Pit. And maybe some of her alternate special moves could have been her default to help differentiate herself? Assault Dash could replace Shield Breaker, Effortless Blade can replace Dancing Blade, her counter could have different properties, and so on.

Love and tolerate.

the-pi-guy said:
Salnax said:

The "Tidus Laughing" Scene from Final Fantasy X was one of the best parts of the game, and one of the few where the voice acting was truly on the mark.

This!  

Lots of people act like it's awful voice acting.  

Have they played the game?  Do they know the context?  

Clearly not.  

This X 1000

Sonic and Sega all stars racing transformed is the best racing game ever!
Wii U is the best console ever.
Skyward sword had terrible controls.
Four Swords Adventures is one of the best games ever!
The DS Zeldas suck majorly... some of the worst games ever!
Arkham Origins is a worthy entry to the series.
Sonic Lost World is a must have!
Sonic Boom is actually kinda fun!

This thread is fun!

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
Riachu said:
the-pi-guy said:
Salnax said:

This!  

Lots of people act like it's awful voice acting.  

Have they played the game?  Do they know the context?  

Clearly not.  

This X 1000

This X another 1000

Salnax said:

yes!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

- Video games are the best medium for story telling. Yes, even better than movies. 

- FF XIII is an obtuse game with bazaar design choices but its still underrated.

- Skyward Sword is ok, but I already played this game about four years before it came out with slightly worse motion controls (guess this is a popular opinion though)

- I find Starwars, The Godfather and the original Mad Max trilogy boring because I knew every trope these highly influential movies created before I even started watching them.

.- -... -.-. -..

The original Donkey Kong Country was kind of mediocre.

I hate the original Metroid and I'm a huge fan of the series as a whole.

I don't like Final Fantasy X, Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Gran Turismo, Perfect Dark, Sonic Adventure, Animal Crossing, Resistance: Retribution, Killer Instinct or Tekken.

I don't see what's so amazing about Halo, Goldeneye 007, Super Mario 64, Shenmue, Doom or Wolfenstein 3D.

I don't like 90% of the DS's biggest games and I greatly prefer my PSP.

I think the PS1 and N64 in general were lousy and I disliked that whole generation.

I think that the Ocarina of Time is immensely overrated.

PieToast said:

- I find Starwars, The Godfather and the original Mad Max trilogy boring because I knew every trope these highly influential movies created before I even started watching them.

So, you won't be playing the upcoming Mad Max game? :(