By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your unpopular gaming opinions?

New Super Mario Bros Wii was terrible.
I didn't like Final Fantasy 6 but it was better than 1 through 5.
Uncharted 2 is my least favorite in the series, well better than Golden Abyss but still.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

god of war being my favourite series of all time and me having to platinum or almost platinum each one does make me a dying breed.

Thanks jlmurph!

Hynad said:

Basically, what you're saying is that those games are too hard for you. Or you're just not good enough a gamer to tackle them.

Absolutely not. I usually play fighting games a lot and they tend to be way hard then other game genres. Dark Souls is just ridiculous. I can't look to the screen and watch my caracter get killed by a 20cm tall enemy that I could just kick in real life. It's just a big joke. Want to prove yourself as a "real gamer"? Well, go play NeoGeo games. That's what I call hard. Go play KOF XIII on the max difficult. That's what I call ass-kicking hard. But it is hard because the CPU is well desing to beat you square and fair, while Souls just use an artificial method to get pass their lack of good game design. Souls is successfull because, like you, people think it is any proof that they are real gamers and not casuals, while it's way easier than real hard games. You can grind and grind until it becomes easier. You can't grind on KOF. You have to become actually good.

About GTA, the game was always about doing funny, crazy shit and riding the city. They just made this boring. They removed the exploration aspect by adding to much shit in your way. I remeber riding from Los Santos to Las Venturas on San Andreas and it rocked. It was good to cross the map. GTA V make me think "oh, no, this quest is in the other side of the map, damn". It's just a chore to cross the map.

About open world racing games, that probably because I do enjoy racing sims. I like to get the fastest lap, it's me vs the track. Just that. Not a bunch of random cars hitting you in a corner. I think Driver 2 actually was perfect. NFS Underground. The world was cool to ride, the game was fun. Modern open world racing games tend to go overboard with populating it.

BreedinBull said:
god of war being my favourite series of all time and me having to platinum or almost platinum each one does make me a dying breed.

You're not the only one. My friends and I also love these games, and its popular in the real world, that's why it sells so well. It isn't popular on VGC though, since most people here are either into niche Japanese games, Nintendo games or Uncharted.

torok said:
Hynad said:

Basically, what you're saying is that those games are too hard for you. Or you're just not good enough a gamer to tackle them.

Absolutely not. I usually play fighting games a lot and they tend to be way hard then other game genres. Dark Souls is just ridiculous. I can't look to the screen and watch my caracter get killed by a 20cm tall enemy that I could just kick in real life. It's just a big joke. Want to prove yourself as a "real gamer"? Well, go play NeoGeo games. That's what I call hard. Go play KOF XIII on the max difficult. That's what I call ass-kicking hard. But it is hard because the CPU is well desing to beat you square and fair, while Souls just use an artificial method to get pass their lack of good game design. Souls is successfull because, like you, people think it is any proof that they are real gamers and not casuals, while it's way easier than real hard games. You can grind and grind until it becomes easier. You can't grind on KOF. You have to become actually good.

About GTA, the game was always about doing funny, crazy shit and riding the city. They just made this boring. They removed the exploration aspect by adding to much shit in your way. I remeber riding from Los Santos to Las Venturas on San Andreas and it rocked. It was good to cross the map. GTA V make me think "oh, no, this quest is in the other side of the map, damn". It's just a chore to cross the map.

About open world racing games, that probably because I do enjoy racing sims. I like to get the fastest lap, it's me vs the track. Just that. Not a bunch of random cars hitting you in a corner. I think Driver 2 actually was perfect. NFS Underground. The world was cool to ride, the game was fun. Modern open world racing games tend to go overboard with populating it.

Your problem with Souls game is that you haven't played enough to get good at evading and parrying enemiy attacks. xD

But I understand those games are not for everyone. But I see your criticism more as you passing the blame of your own shortcomings on the game's design than as a valid criticism of the game's flaws.

Around the Network

-Final Fantasy 7's story was boring, predictable (yes, Aries dying, I saw that coming a mile away since Sephiroth told you he was going to do it and it is only disc 1 of 3) and is not the greatest FF game of all time, there are at least 3 greater than it.

- Splatoon = Yawn, playing a shooter game in silence with a random number generator is boring.

-Amiibo = ondisc DLC

-Nintendo's policies are trash this generation and it needs to grow up just as their fans have grown up.

-Brawl is better than Melee

(most of mine are Nintendo because I know Nintendo the best out of the 3)

ikki5 said:

-Final Fantasy 7's story was boring, predictable (yes, Aries dying, I saw that coming a mile away since Sephiroth told you he was going to do it and it is only disc 1 of 3) and is not the greatest FF game of all time, there are at least 3 greater than it.

- Splatoon = Yawn, playing a shooter game in silence with a random number generator is boring.

-Amiibo = ondisc DLC

-Nintendo's policies are trash this generation and it needs to grow up just as their fans have grown up.

Either you're being sarcastic...or you're just an objective Nintendo fan. Those are not unpopular opinions, it's what most people think outside of nintendo fanbase.

Hynad said:

Your problem with Souls game is that you haven't played enough to get good at evading and parrying enemiy attacks. xD

But I understand those games are not for everyone. But I see your criticism more as you passing the blame of your own shortcomings on the game's design than as a valid criticism of the game's flaws.

The game's issue isn't being hard. In DS2, you can get killed by a little pig. It seems overly ridiculous to see a grown man die because a tiny, 10KG, pig is hitting him. It doesn't have anything to do with parrying/evading. That animal wasnt supposed to be able to hurt you even if you stood still letting he strike you.

What I do understand is that you like the game and can't accept that other people don't like it and thinks that you are a better games because you play it. This thread is about unpopular opinions, so that's what expected it. You think that it's the pinnacle of hard games, while I can guarantee you that it is nowhere close to that. Have you played NeoGeo? Real fighting games at max difficulty? That's what I called hard, not some badly designed RPG with poor animations and full of grinding.

So, why don't you clarify what games you don't like so I can say that you don't know how to play videogames?

last92 said:
ikki5 said:

-Amiibo = ondisc DLC

Either you're being sarcastic...or you're just an objective Nintendo fan. Those are not unpopular opinions, it's what most people think outside of nintendo fanbase.

You sound like you're offended that I have these opinions. And yes, a lot of these are upopular. Go to any Nintendo forum going on about splatoon and you'll see everyone is crazed about it. You constantly see the Smash community going on about Melee being superior. Any topic about Nintendo amiibo and someone claims them as undisc DLC, they get lashed at. Nintendo policies... ok yeah, it may not be the unpopular one but when ever I bring up something about it, the Apologists are out in full force to defend Nintendo.

Alright:

- Super Mario 64 was boring and meh. Donkey Kong 64 was so much better.

- Wii Sports is one of the best Wii games

- Wii > PS3

- Windwaker is the best Zelda game. Best graphics, story, everything. FULL STOP. Fuck Ocarina (i'm joking)

- Console games are not dead, in fact maybe more healthy than a couple generations ago.