By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans Vs. Third-Party Developers & Entitlement

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:

cause said if they had released other AC games on the WIi u which tells me he didnt know, pretty cut and dry.

Nope, that's not what he said

I know if they'd released that assassins creed rogue on the Wii U I'd have purchased it, but the only games we seem to get are Cars or Watchdog... I'm not about to buy crappy 3rd party games just to prove that we will.

thats the quote. Now for him to say all they get is Cars and Watchdogs he is either willfully ignoring the two AC games that were released on the system or he didnt know, or lying.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

Like I said earlier, when I talk about Nintendo, I'm talking about them as a whole, in which case Nintendo has currently sold about 60 million units of hardware based on the strength of 1st party franchises and Japanese/indie/child friendly games as support titles from 3rd parties.

And as always im talking about the console since that is the one having the most problems. Handhelds is something that could be discussed in another thread. 

Ur the one who originally quoted me............so if I'm talking about Nintendo as a whole than that's what the discussion is about

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

Nope, that's not what he said

I know if they'd released that assassins creed rogue on the Wii U I'd have purchased it, but the only games we seem to get are Cars or Watchdog... I'm not about to buy crappy 3rd party games just to prove that we will.

thats the quote. Now for him to say all they get is Cars and Watchdogs he is either willfully ignoring the two AC games that were released on the system or he didnt know, or lying.

The Assassin's Creed games on Wii U released 1.5 & 2.5 years ago so they aren't really relevant to the discussion about support that Wii U gets now, which it seems like he's talking about.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:

The Assassin's Creed games on Wii U released 1.5 & 2.5 years ago so they aren't really relevant to the discussion about support that Wii U gets now, which it seems like he's talking about.

But we've already explained that the Wii U's awful support now is due to the awful performance of the 3rd party titles previously put out on the system. So there's not really anything to discuss in that case. If you're just saying from a present status, then we don't even need to question why no one is prepared to invest any serious resources into Wii U.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:

And as always im talking about the console since that is the one having the most problems. Handhelds is something that could be discussed in another thread. 

Ur the one who originally quoted me............so if I'm talking about Nintendo as a whole than that's what the discussion is about

but the thread is reffering to Wii U which is what was being discussed from the jump, but fair enough, we could stop right here.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

but the thread is reffering to Wii U which is what was being discussed from the jump, but fair enough, we could stop right here.

It's about Nintendo fans

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:

that still doesnt answer my query of whether he bought the games or even knew about them which was what we were talking about in the first place. 

I do not buy Nintendo consoles to play 3rd party games, I've long given up on that beacuse of all the bullshit lies and weak/poor/expensive ports I've have to put up with.

Why buy 3rd party games that's weaker, have less content, more expensive and most of all have the smallest playerbase?

Then I might aswell buy the same game on my other console wich this gen is only the PS4.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

MikeRox said:
zorg1000 said:

But we've already explained that the Wii U's awful support now is due to the awful performance of the 3rd party titles previously put out on the system. So there's not really anything to discuss in that case. If you're just saying from a present status, then we don't even need to question why no one is prepared to invest any serious resources into Wii U.

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have said

SpokenTruth said:
MikeRox said:

But we've already explained that the Wii U's awful support now is due to the awful performance of the 3rd party titles previously put out on the system.

And that awful performance was due to the awful support.

Nintendo fans will not support 3rd parties on the same level that Sony/MS gamers support them until 3rd parties support Nintendo gamers.  They toss out a game here or there so they get a sale here or there. 

You want equal sales, give us equal support.  Otherwise, stop bitching that your games don't sell.

They're not bitching. They're just choosing to no longer support the systems. It's the userbase bitching.

The very reason Project CARS has been put on hold is that they can't make it equal and everyone goes ballistic at them over it. Then at the same time say they don't want games that aren't equivalent of other platforms.

Basically everyone is now agreeing that Slightly Mad Studios are actually making the RIGHT DECISION in "screwing over the very Nintendo fans who paid lots of money on a kickstarter that never happened to get the game funded in the first place"...

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.