By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Congrats Ireland! First country to recognize Same Sex Marriage by Pop Vote!

Heavily Roman Catholic Ireland become first country in the world to recogizne the rights of all legal couples to be married, including same sex couples, by popular Vote! 

It's not official yet, but both sides are calling it for the Equal Marriage Rights side. 

Welcome Ireland to the land of Equality!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/05/23/a-very-proud-day-to-be-irish-the-ballots-arent-counted-but-both-sides-say-they-know-the-outcome-of-the-gay-marriage-referendum/

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Nice!

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

This is such great news. I hear that the vote was not even close, a landslide victory for equal rights.

But rather than just a victory for same-sex marriages, I find this a huge win for the entire Republic of Ireland, which managed to achieve so much in so little time - most of us still think of Ireland as this retrograde Catholic country of the past. I am very happy that they are removing that misconception with this strong statement.

I'm really glad about that. Hopefully, this'll be repeated on most countries.

Voted Yes :)

Happy to see my country go from a country that made homosexuality illegal less than 30 years ago to a country that is the first by popular decision to allow same sex marriage

Around the Network

So St Patrick banished all the snakes from Ireland and the people have voted to let them back in.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

I saw the news earlier this morning, great to see!

Religion has eff all to do with it. It's a Civil rights referendum. I voted yes as I believe everyone should be treated equally and without discrimination, which prior to this going through, it was discrimination. It would NEVER be allowed in the work place, why allow it in everyday society.

Great news! Congrats Ireland!

Now Northern Island needs to legalise Gay Marriage and all of the British Isles would have legalised it. :3

Delicious, delicious games.