By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hoping for a Bayonetta Pc port ? Hear this out.

Great to see someone else played the legend of Korra and on the same device, that's awesome.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

It's amazing how many people didn't read the OP but given how many threads have been seen with a similar title, it might have been wise for the OP to name the thread differently.

As for whether Korra is an adequate replacement for Bayo 2, the majority would seem to think the quality just isn't there. Bayonetta isn't just about a particular gameplay style, it's the supreme execution that makes it great.

Double post sorry. 

Thanks for the two people with clear minds (Hsrob and Naruball) for pointing out that 90% of the people who answered this thread did not even bother to read my post correctly. 

Just to make things clear : I already have a Wii U and the Bayonetta 2 special edition. Plus, I did not like the two of them very much, they deserve a 5 out of 10 imho, never really understand why people were asking that much for a port. But thanks to you all for trying to make me buy a second one anyway. It makes sens. Some friend of mine told me that Wii U owners and Nintendo fans were annoying on forum, I guess you all proved his point, don't you think ? 

Now let's answer to the only people who answered seriousely : @Bigtakilla

bigtakilla said:

As far as the differences in Legend of Korra and Bayonetta 2, LoK has nothing  that matches witch time (and no, that QTE counter attack does not count), animal transformations (for dodging and positioning your assault on enemies), torture attacks, or wicked weaves.

It does have slower battles, less variety in enemies (and a paper rock scissor method of beating most of the enemies), bad character animations (though I understand these awkward bending animations are the fault of Nickolodeon and not Platinum Games), and ~ 3 hours of campaign mode (1/3 of Bayo 2's campaign mode runtime, don't believe me? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcZAYC77eiQ). 

And these aren't even its biggest problem. When it comes down to it, LoK's biggest fault is it lacks style. That's crippling for games in the Hack and Slash genre.

If he enjoyed LoK I'm glad, but let's not get crazy. 

Of course there is some differencies between the two, otherwise it will be the same game in every aspects of it. But, I do not think people like Bayonetta for his univers, the variety of ennemies nor for his pitiful campaign mode wich you can eat in less than four hour if you are good. People liked Bayonetta for the sensation and for its gameplay. And for that aspect, and only this aspect, LoK is very similar.

The combo works the same way, albeit they work even better on LoK since you can change between four stance, against two set of weapon for Bayonetta. You can't transform in animal, but you can go into beast mode on new game +. Since you speak about positioning, Korra move differently according to the bending stance you use, and you can use this to your advantage. 

Fights are slower but the camera is way better and there is no problem of locking ennemies that typically ruin Bayonetta precision. And on this aspect, I do prefer the slower battle of Korra, it allows for more precision and less mashing button. 

About Witch time, come on, it's almost the same. You dodge at the last second and you gain advantage of it. What is the point of witch time in Bayonetta ? You have not the time to land more than PKP most of the time. I do prefer Korra in that aspect. 

Legend of Korra is the same as Bayonetta ? Did you really play both games ? You can't be serious. Korra is a really bad game. You fight the same ennemis during all the game, it's either too easy and one hour later too hard, bosses are just too long to beat due to their huge HP, you don't have as many combos as in Bayonetta, Devil May Cry or Metal Gear Rising, it's full of bugs and graphically it's just ugly.

Bayonetta isn't this, not at all.

Around the Network
Edwardooo said:

Legend of Korra is the same as Bayonetta ? Did you really play both games ? You can't be serious. Korra is a really bad game. You fight the same ennemis during all the game, it's either too easy and one hour later too hard, bosses are just too long to beat due to their huge HP, you don't have as many combos as in Bayonetta, Devil May Cry or Metal Gear Rising, it's full of bugs and graphically it's just ugly.

Bayonetta isn't this, not at all.

Yeah, because Bayonetta is beautiful (come on) and does not have pics of difficulty. 

PC gamers always worried about graphics and realizing that PC gets what it gets. Consoles are defined by their exclusives even though they have multiplats. Bayonetta is going nowhere.

Of course there is some differencies between the two, otherwise it will be the same game in every aspects of it. But, I do not think people like Bayonetta for his univers, the variety of ennemies nor for his pitiful campaign mode wich you can eat in less than four hour if you are good. People liked Bayonetta for the sensation and for its gameplay. And for that aspect, and only this aspect, LoK is very similar.

The combo works the same way, albeit they work even better on LoK since you can change between four stance, against two set of weapon for Bayonetta. You can't transform in animal, but you can go into beast mode on new game +. Since you speak about positioning, Korra move differently according to the bending stance you use, and you can use this to your advantage. 

Fights are slower but the camera is way better and there is no problem of locking ennemies that typically ruin Bayonetta precision. And on this aspect, I do prefer the slower battle of Korra, it allows for more precision and less mashing button

About Witch time, come on, it's almost the same. You dodge at the last second and you gain advantage of it. What is the point of witch time in Bayonetta ? You have not the time to land more than PKP most of the time. I do prefer Korra in that aspect. 

This makes me think you've not played the game properly. Seriously, mashing buttons is not going to net you a lot of points. Sure, you might beat the game with it on normal, but you're in no way experiencing the game in its full potential.

Yes, people play Bayonetta mainly for the gameplay (although the epic demons, kills and setting help as well). And it's miles better than Korra honestly. The game was panned for a reason. It's the little differences in combat and battle design that make or brake an action game.

Metal Gear Rising was decent but among the best Platinum games I think. I do agree with you that DMC 4 was very good though! My only real issue with that game was the repetition of the stages.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Curmudgeon said:

Fights are slower but the camera is way better and there is no problem of locking ennemies that typically ruin Bayonetta precision. And on this aspect, I do prefer the slower battle of Korra, it allows for more precision and less mashing button

This makes me think you've not played the game properly. Seriously, mashing buttons is not going to net you a lot of points. Sure, you might beat the game with it on normal, but you're in no way experiencing the game in its full potential.

Yes, people play Bayonetta mainly for the gameplay (although the epic demons, kills and setting help as well). And it's miles better than Korra honestly. The game was panned for a reason. It's the little differences in combat and battle design that make or brake an action game.

Metal Gear Rising was decent but among the best Platinum games I think. I do agree with you that DMC 4 was very good though! My only real issue with that game was the repetition of the stages.

I've beat the game on normal mode and hard mode. All I did was mashing combo, or PKP on most difficult ennemies and dodge at the last moment when I saw something coming. And it worked well. I used dodge offset, but it's rarely practical since the best combo you have is PKP. No need to maintain your combo when you go with the 3 hits one. 

kingdemise said:
Curmudgeon said:

I've beat the game on normal mode and hard mode. All I did was mashing combo, or PKP on most difficult ennemies and dodge at the last moment when I saw something coming. And it worked well. I used dodge offset, but it's rarely practical since the best combo you have is PKP. No need to maintain your combo when you go with the 3 hits one. 

Ok so maybe I was wrong about that. Still, I'm pretty sure repeated combo's won't increase your combo counter/scores, so if you aim for high scores you might want more diversity.

Oh well, I also have some games I consider mediocre that everyone else seems to love (GTA V for example). Still, I'm surprised you like DMC but not Bayonetta.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx