By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hoping for a Bayonetta Pc port ? Hear this out.

kingdemise said:
Edwardooo said:

Legend of Korra is the same as Bayonetta ? Did you really play both games ? You can't be serious. Korra is a really bad game. You fight the same ennemis during all the game, it's either too easy and one hour later too hard, bosses are just too long to beat due to their huge HP, you don't have as many combos as in Bayonetta, Devil May Cry or Metal Gear Rising, it's full of bugs and graphically it's just ugly.

Bayonetta isn't this, not at all.

Yeah, because Bayonetta is beautiful (come on) and does not have pics of difficulty. 

Bayonetta looks great for a oldgen game. Korra looks awful for a oldgen game, and the worst is that it's a current-gen game. And the difficulty is well balanced in Bayonetta, not in Korra.

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
3 years later and they are still begging

3 days later and I'm still waiting for a response. It's the polite thing to do. EIther admit that you were wrong or show who was begging for it.

I think they might come after enough years have passed. The REmake eventually came to PC/PS4/Xbox to a sudden ironically high amount of recognition and praise by it's newfound fanbases. Of course, any mention of the original system, that made it possible in the first place, being omitted of any discussion. I expect the same thing to happen to Bayo 2 in less than ten years. Unless the publisher buys Sega/Platinum/Bayonetta IP. If Bayo 1 & 2 does come to more platforms, I expect most will also pretend it came out of nowhere and many previous skeptics/haters will then magically love it, just like with REmake.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

kingdemise said:

Thanks for the two people with clear minds (Hsrob and Naruball) for pointing out that 90% of the people who answered this thread did not even bother to read my post correctly. 

Just to make things clear : I already have a Wii U and the Bayonetta 2 special edition. Plus, I did not like the two of them very much, they deserve a 5 out of 10 imho, never really understand why people were asking that much for a port. But thanks to you all for trying to make me buy a second one anyway. It makes sens. Some friend of mine told me that Wii U owners and Nintendo fans were annoying on forum, I guess you all proved his point, don't you think ? 

Now let's answer to the only people who answered seriousely : @Bigtakilla

bigtakilla said:

As far as the differences in Legend of Korra and Bayonetta 2, LoK has nothing  that matches witch time (and no, that QTE counter attack does not count), animal transformations (for dodging and positioning your assault on enemies), torture attacks, or wicked weaves.

It does have slower battles, less variety in enemies (and a paper rock scissor method of beating most of the enemies), bad character animations (though I understand these awkward bending animations are the fault of Nickolodeon and not Platinum Games), and ~ 3 hours of campaign mode (1/3 of Bayo 2's campaign mode runtime, don't believe me? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcZAYC77eiQ). 

And these aren't even its biggest problem. When it comes down to it, LoK's biggest fault is it lacks style. That's crippling for games in the Hack and Slash genre.

If he enjoyed LoK I'm glad, but let's not get crazy. 

Of course there is some differencies between the two, otherwise it will be the same game in every aspects of it. But, I do not think people like Bayonetta for his univers, the variety of ennemies nor for his pitiful campaign mode wich you can eat in less than four hour if you are good. People liked Bayonetta for the sensation and for its gameplay. And for that aspect, and only this aspect, LoK is very similar.

The combo works the same way, albeit they work even better on LoK since you can change between four stance, against two set of weapon for Bayonetta. You can't transform in animal, but you can go into beast mode on new game +. Since you speak about positioning, Korra move differently according to the bending stance you use, and you can use this to your advantage. 

Fights are slower but the camera is way better and there is no problem of locking ennemies that typically ruin Bayonetta precision. And on this aspect, I do prefer the slower battle of Korra, it allows for more precision and less mashing button. 

About Witch time, come on, it's almost the same. You dodge at the last second and you gain advantage of it. What is the point of witch time in Bayonetta ? You have not the time to land more than PKP most of the time. I do prefer Korra in that aspect. 

And someone who is pretty bad can beat LoK in roughly two and a half hours (as shown in the video). As for whether people played Bayonetta for its lore or not, the facts are it still offers more, so you simply cannot say they provide the same experience outside of your opinion where you seem to leave a lot of things that are far more advanced in Bayonetta and pass them off as simply "not important". 

As for 4 stances, you can only use one of those stances at a time. Bayo you have access to two different weapon sets (one set for hands and one set for feet) in sets of 2 (able to change between two loadouts), and can use two different weapon sets in the same combo. This still allows you four completely different weapons to defeat your enemies with. Not to mention you can change your loadout any time during the game, so the amount of weapons and fighting styles you have available to beat your enemies far outweigh 4 stances of which the most effective one to use is obvious (fighting a fire bender, you use water bending, ect). 

Could you link me to a clear example of how exactly "beast mode" is similar to transformations? It's more just like moving at bayonetta's original speed.

You prefer the battles being slower... Okay, yet again it makes the game being played feel very different.

The counter attack in LoK is a quick time event that lands one hit. Witch time is a mechanic that when dodging (because Bayo can also counter enemy attacks) stops time to unleash a barrage of attacks and again allows the player to adjust their positioning. 

It comes down to it is only the same if you ignore half the things available to the player in Bayo 2 (like torture attacks, witch time, and wicked weaves) and simply don't care about the other differences (longer runtime, better game story, more variety in enemies).

No matter how you slice it, if you look at the things available and simply don't brush them off with an "I don't care" Bayo has tons more to offer.

kingdemise said:

Yeah, because Bayonetta is beautiful (come on) and does not have pics of difficulty. 

Bayo 2 is beautiful. Bayo 1 had the misfortune of being a port of a multiiplat game made on weaker hardware, but I wouldn't say it's ugly.

Around the Network

I just meant that all exclusives will eventually become multiplaform unless the platform holders own the IP. I doubt that, in 10 or 20  years, Nintendo will care about Bayonetta 2  going multiplatform. 

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

SpokenTruth said:
FunFan said:

I just meant that all exclusives will eventually become multiplaform unless the platform holders own the IP. I doubt that, in 10 or 20  years, Nintendo will care about Bayonetta 2  going multiplatform. 

I doubt in 10 or 20 years anybody will care to make it multiplatform.

But you're still forgetting a major difference.  Nintendo funded this game.  Do you really think they'd front millions in cash and not get some form of IP rights?  And notice that all questions toward Platinum games about Bayonetta 2 going multiplatform were redirected to Nintendo...no Sega.  If it were Sega's decision, Platinum would have directed people to ask Sega.

A Gamestop employee told me that Microsoft was going to give BILLIONS to get this game on their system! BELIEVE!

FunFan said:

I think they might come after enough years have passed. The REmake eventually came to PC/PS4/Xbox to a sudden ironically high amount of recognition and praise by it's newfound fanbases. Of course, any mention of the original system, that made it possible in the first place, being omitted of any discussion. I expect the same thing to happen to Bayo 2 in less than ten years. Unless the publisher buys Sega/Platinum/Bayonetta IP. If Bayo 1 & 2 does come to more platforms, I expect most will also pretend it came out of nowhere and many previous skeptics/haters will then magically love it, just like with REmake.

REmake was always intended to be exclusive by Mikami, until he quit Capcom. Then, Capcom could do anything with it.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

SpokenTruth said:
FunFan said:

But you're still forgetting a major difference.  Nintendo funded this game.  Do you really think they'd front millions in cash and not get some form of IP rights?  And notice that all questions toward Platinum games about Bayonetta 2 going multiplatform were redirected to Nintendo...no Sega.  If it were Sega's decision, Platinum would have directed people to ask Sega.

I can provide the quotes for you:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/08/ask-nintendo-about-bayonetta-2-on-other-platforms-say-platinumgames/

We are a developer. Nintendo are the ones kind enough to fund and publish our [The Wonderful 101] and [Bayonetta 2] projects. So if Nintendo says “We are publishing Bayo 2 on PS3/360.” Then it will happen. So please go ask them, not us.

It's supposed to mean what it says. If you want a PS3 version ask Nintendo. You might also want to ask for PS3 Zelda.

burninmylight said:
SpokenTruth said:

I can provide the quotes for you:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/08/ask-nintendo-about-bayonetta-2-on-other-platforms-say-platinumgames/

We are a developer. Nintendo are the ones kind enough to fund and publish our [The Wonderful 101] and [Bayonetta 2] projects. So if Nintendo says “We are publishing Bayo 2 on PS3/360.” Then it will happen. So please go ask them, not us.

It's supposed to mean what it says. If you want a PS3 version ask Nintendo. You might also want to ask for PS3 Zelda.

That's my dude ole Jelly and Peanutbutter Kellams!