By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon sell 500K first week worldwide?

Opinion?

Yes, no way for sell less. 78 14.91%

Yes, seem very likely. 175 33.46%

I don't know. 53 10.13%

Unluky, but who know! 74 14.15%

not a chance. 91 17.40%

Splatatatatatatatatatatasplatoooooon! 52 9.94%

Total:523
curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

Im not talking Shipped. Official numbers alreadyput it at 230k. No matter what, 300k is pessimistic compared to this, NoA could sell 100k including digital, this is by no means less than 350k sold week 1.

I was referring to 300-350k on VGChartz.

Vgc can put it 200k or 900k. We got official numbers and NPD numbers are practically coming in 1-3 weeks. We will get an estimate of where its at. Example if US has 150k, we kno That WW sales will be no less than 400k WW.

Around the Network

I seem to be lagging behind D: When did we got numbers from France?

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

I was referring to 300-350k on VGChartz.

Vgc can put it 200k or 900k. We got official numbers and NPD numbers are practically coming in 1-3 weeks. We will get an estimate of where its at. Example if US has 150k, we kno That WW sales will be no less than 400k WW.

How do you plan to measure numbers outside of Japan and NA?

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

We have Numbers,we can get estimates. Like if US sold 100k / 150k, then NoA sales are about 110k-120k / 170k-185k

Germany we'll get #s for. Europe we'll probably have about 75k-85kSold Week 1 going by France/UK.

RoW will be anybody guess, just put 10k for it lol

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

We have Numbers,we can get estimates. Like if US sold 100k / 150k, then NoA sales are about 110k-120k / 170k-185k

Germany we'll get #s for. Europe we'll probably have about 75k-85kSold Week 1 going by France/UK.

Without knowing your exact sources and methods of extapolation, I'll be a bit skeptical of the result.

Around the Network

Its definately above 500k FW. I think so anyway 150k japan 100k Europe 250k NA then RoW. These are physical copies sold. With digital nearer 600k. IMO anyway

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

Without knowing your exact sources and methods of extapolation, I'll be a bit skeptical of the result.

Look, When NPD comes out and Germany Numbers leak on Gaf, we'll know our base of sales (Example WW 400k-480k)

No matter what, We all know unless US Bombed, the game will be no lower than 300k, but 350k seems to be a accurate minimum so far. We'll get a better picture with NPD

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

Well, I mean is pretty clear that your prediction is wrong. If there is already 150k on Japan, that means that you are expecting like... 90k on NA, 50k on europe, and 10k row, and that doesn´t really make sense, the game was beasting everywhere, even in my country, and Japan sellíng 2x the sales of US? no way. And of course, counting digital your number becomes almost impossible.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Well, I mean is pretty clear that your prediction is wrong. If there is already 150k on Japan, that means that you are expecting like... 90k on NA, 50k on europe, and 10k row, and that doesn´t really make sense, the game was beasting everywhere, even in my country, and Japan sellíng 2x the sales of US? no way. And of course, counting digital your number becomes almost impossible.

I was predicting VGChartz figures, so not including digital. And I adjusted it up to 350k.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I was predicting VGChartz figures, so not including digital. And I adjusted it up to 350k.

US retail might be huge, given its 8days (2 weeks), Splatoon surpasses HW in digital sales lifetime (HW had debuted with 21k in its first month (about 8-10 days)