By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavensward - New Job Actions & Dragonsong

After quitting for a year or so, I played it again for a month or 2, and just canceled my sub again and canceled my expansion pre-order after playing Tera again these past 2-3 weeks, I have now realized that I no longer want the combat style of wow mmorpgs anymore, but I'll still level my NIN to 50 and at least get about 115 ilvl before my sub runs out since the class shares the same acc. as BRD. Also, Blade&Soul is coming soon as well and I'll prolly try that too, I think this is the last month I'll ever play FF14 at this point.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
I'm pretty disappointed about the PLD additions. I understand that tanks are an afterthought, but that didn't stop me from getting my hopes up.

those PLD abilities is actually pretty sweet dude! I don't know about you but I'm happy they get to utilize MP more, and looking more holy'ish like a Holy Knight.

• New alternate combo linking to Savage Blade and Riot Blade.
  • Divine Veil – Sets a protective barrier around the target where if the target receive cures while under the effect, other nearby members will also receive a barrier effect.
  • New action: ???
    There are other skills which will block enemy attacks.
    By using this, you’ll be able to utilize shield swipe more effectively.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
outlawauron said:
I'm pretty disappointed about the PLD additions. I understand that tanks are an afterthought, but that didn't stop me from getting my hopes up.

those PLD abilities is actually pretty sweet dude! I don't know about you but I'm happy they get to utilize MP more, and looking more holy'ish like a Holy Knight.

• Divine Veil – Sets a protective barrier around the target where if the target receive cures while under the effect, other nearby members will also receive a barrier effect.

All it does is make the PLD more specalized. Riot Blade branching path is a stupid idea without major changes to threat generation and TP management. 

PLD's biggest weakness was AOE tanking and that wasn't addressed at all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'm one of the few old guards of Eorzea. Been around since early access of the original FFXIV.

outlawauron said:
deskpro2k3 said:

All it does is make the PLD more specalized. Riot Blade branching path is a stupid idea without major changes to threat generation and TP management. 

think outside the box bro!

when you're offtanking, you can utilize the second combo branch because you don't need enmity if you're not MT.

If you are the MT, and have already established enmity on a monster or boss you can use the second combo branch.

Around the Network

I'm super pumped for where the storyline is heading next after the ending we just came off of with the last patch. Looking forward to the flying mounts as well

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

deskpro2k3 said:
outlawauron said:

think outside the box bro!

when you're offtanking, you can utilize the second combo branch because you don't need enmity if you're not MT.

If you are the MT, and have already established enmity on a monster or boss you can use the second combo branch.

I do not off-tank without a warrior in end-game content, so it's unlikely I'd get much use out of it.

For MTing, if I can really spend a lot of time not doing a threat combo, then your DPS isn't doing enough imo. For super long fights, I could see it being useful as I could fit in 1-2 DPS combos every so often, but the strength down debuff is far more important than the extra DPS (even though I'm getting close to 300 on FCOB).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ok its official FF14 ARR Heavensward is the best MMO since EQOA! This is so much fun! I guess that is why it is the only MMO in the past 5 year that came out with a Sub & 2 years later they still have a Sub & Millions of players. Meanwhile Tera, TESO, DCUO, GW2, Age of Conan, Dungeons & Dragons, SWTOR & more all started with a Sub, but within a year all went F2P or F2D or both with Micro-Transactions. smh FF14 ARR FTW! ;)

TaMpAbLaCk said:
Ok its official FF14 ARR Heavensward is the best MMO since EQOA! This is so much fun! I guess that is why it is the only MMO in the past 5 year that came out with a Sub & 2 years later they still have a Sub & Millions of players. Meanwhile Tera, TESO, DCUO, GW2, Age of Conan, Dungeons & Dragons, SWTOR & more all started with a Sub, but within a year all went F2P or F2D or both with Micro-Transactions. smh FF14 ARR FTW! ;)

And dude the music.. The Music is amazing!