By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Asks: Splatoon

Great info! Thanks for the link. Its pretty interesting to see how fast they came together with a game. And one of the longest parts was coming up with the first ideas. Great to see how Nintendo comes up with a concept.

Around the Network

they seem so young, like all of them do. interesting

have Tsubasa Sakaguchi and Yusuke Amano directed a game before? Is this there director debut so to speak?

spemanig said:
"It was only 10% complete (at E3), or should we say, we still had about 90% left of the game to make."

And it all begins to make sense.

This answers so many questions.

cycycychris said:
Wow, so the concept of the game took like a year or 2. But only 10 percent at e3. Amazing they got this complete in this amount of time. Heck, that they even had a very good playable build.

And those concepts at, very yuck.

Basically every time they unveiled new features (Octos / single player in November, Inkopolis Plaza in I think January, Splat Zones in I think April), they had probably just finished making them. This game pretty much developed like a typical Kickstarter. I mean the E3 trailer wasn't much more than a Kickstarter pitch video if that was literally all they had completed on the game.

Marked and tagged.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
spemanig said:
"It was only 10% complete (at E3), or should we say, we still had about 90% left of the game to make."

And it all begins to make sense.

Like its going to make a good profit :P

Wonder how many people made this game, and it was made in just over a year. Imagine The transition between Splatoon and Spla2oon? SSB to SSBM incoming :)

Ink-an't be helped!

Curious how that pun works in Japanese.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Blood, sweat, tears and slightly-out-of-date sake made this game possible.

I really want to see that ending...I think... >_>

tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:

Wonder how many people made this game, and it was made in just over a year. Imagine The transition between Splatoon and Spla2oon? SSB to SSBM incoming :)

No, like why the game is launching in such a pitifully ink-omplete state.

Because 1 year was only enough time to put together a 6 hour story mode, one local mode, and 5 online maps at launch.

Makes me shudder to think of what Star Fox has become, if this is any indication. That looked like it was 10% done, too. Being "episodic" makes so much sence now. Ugh.

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

No, like why the game is launching in such a pitifully ink-omplete state.

Because 1 year was only enough time to put together a 6 hour story mode, one local mode, and 5 online maps at launch.

Makes me shudder to think of what Star Fox has become, if this is any indication. That looked like it was 10% done, too. Being "episodic" makes so much sence now. Ugh.

I get the multiplayer aspect but Single Player is fine. Dont get the hate for it at all.

As for Star fox, lets wait and see before shouting out accusations. HW was made in under a year for example and thats more than enough of a complete game