By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 Is Not Fun To Play (But The Quests Are Godly)

The game just isn't for you, and several others it seems. I'm really enjoying it, perhaps it should have stayed PC exclusive >_>

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

I have always found the Witcher games clunky and awkward. This is nothing new. They tend to be story driven, not action driven. Not really my cup of tea.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Yes, and the Witcher has story and an open world to explore.

I havent played enough yet to form a good opinion, but Bloodborn isnt a game that interests me at all. Much like monster hunter its a very aquired taste acceptable of clunky controls and tolerance to waste of time from dieing. On top of that those souls games have no story worth talking about.

I can say this, Witcher 3 looks amazing and none of the criticisms you presented are legitimate. Your post read: I dont like this game because its not another of this other game i like.
Try Lords of the Fallen.

zero129 said:
kupomogli said:
I'm with what Iwata said awhile ago, games are focusing too much on creating some deep storyline. The problem with video games is you can watch a better storyline with a straight to DVD movie 99.9% of the time. Video games in the past gave good storylines without the player having to sit through hours and hours of dialogue that's not very good. There was more than enough storyline, but never too much. Until last gen, I've never skipped storyline unless a repeat playthrough and usually not even then.

RPG games have always had massive amounts of dialogue and story line its nothing new...

Not really. Many of the early RPG's didn't have much dialogue and the stories were very basic and fairly typical. 

Whether it was the likes of the first Ultima games or first FF game, neither were dialogue heavy or had super inticate stories. Some even now aren't super dialogue heavy. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Dusk said:
zero129 said:
kupomogli said:
I'm with what Iwata said awhile ago, games are focusing too much on creating some deep storyline. The problem with video games is you can watch a better storyline with a straight to DVD movie 99.9% of the time. Video games in the past gave good storylines without the player having to sit through hours and hours of dialogue that's not very good. There was more than enough storyline, but never too much. Until last gen, I've never skipped storyline unless a repeat playthrough and usually not even then.

RPG games have always had massive amounts of dialogue and story line its nothing new...

Not really. Many of the early RPG's didn't have much dialogue and the stories were very basic and fairly typical. 

Whether it was the likes of the first Ultima games or first FF game, neither were dialogue heavy or had super inticate stories. Some even now aren't super dialogue heavy. 

Ehh... many of the early RPG's were *completely* dialogue driven...

View on YouTube

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
I knew this thread was going to involve Bloodborne in some way.

When you have a game as good as BB it becomes to reference point of every game simular until its surpassed.

think-man said:
Samus Aran said:
I knew this thread was going to involve Bloodborne in some way.

When you have a game as good as BB it becomes to reference point of every game simular until its surpassed.

But it isn't similar. It's vaguely the same genre...

Seems as though a lot of the complaints are from people who haven't played previous iterations of the series. There is a bit of a drought for some too as far as AAA titles go, most of us really.

If you just bought the game on hype expecting something else, it isn't the games fault. Coming from playing the witcher 2 on xbox some months ago now, this game is what I expected it to be and more... In a very positive way.

This is kinda how I felt when I tried the witcher 2. It was a beautiful game, but it just felt boring to me. Everything felt so clunky. There were like 8 different attacks all mapped in weird awkward positions, and I had to use to swords, which is more annoying than anything.

walsufnir said:
think-man said:

But it isn't similar. It's vaguely the same genre...

Its as close as you're going to get to itch your rpg scatch in terms of new releases. Unless you play dark souls 2 again on the ps4 with the new stuff added.