By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has MS recouped all their losses from the 360 ?

starcraft said:
Why would they do that when they are first starting to make money and properly build brand name? They are in this game (get it?) for far more than actually outselling competitors unit to unit like Nintendo.

Because that's why Nintendo is here, to emptily outsell their competitors with no real substance to show for it.

Don't be a shill, their "profit" doesn't include the billion dollar loss due to RRoD, and does include Zune sales.

360 has been a total stinker so far, like the Xbox before it. Now with price cuts and no Halo 3, or first party supersellers.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
starcraft said:
Why would they do that when they are first starting to make money and properly build brand name? They are in this game (get it?) for far more than actually outselling competitors unit to unit like Nintendo.

Because that's why Nintendo is here, to emptily outsell their competitors with no real substance to show for it.

Don't be a shill, their "profit" doesn't include the billion dollar loss due to RRoD, and does include Zune sales.

360 has been a total stinker so far, like the Xbox before it. Now with price cuts and no Halo 3, or first party supersellers.

Has MS got some sorta secret agenda or long term stratergy , they better do with the amount of loss they've been making over the past 6 years. I mean those numbers are phenomenal.

No where near recouping its loss on XBox 360, maybe in three years time it will break even.

Its called XBox 360, because when you look at it you turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Rock_on_2008 you've got jokes!

If you turn 360 degrees while looking at the Xbox 360 and walk away, you'd walk right into the 360. :)

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network

I'm guessing MS are already, or are planning for the future, to write back some of that billion of RROD money as profit. "Set aside" more than you could possibly need, charge it to a single quarter, and when you don't spend it all, claim the rest as profit in later quarters.

That's just a guess, though.

360 is still far from being a financial success, even if its slightly less of a disaster than XBox1.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

swyggi said:
If you turn 360 degrees while looking at the Xbox 360 and walk away, you'd walk right into the 360. :)

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read his comment. LOL

I guess he failed at his joke.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
starcraft said:

over a 6 billion dollar loss, that has to be hard for even a big company like Microsoft to swallow.  I am suprised that Nintendo never posted a loss and just how big of a loss Sony took at the release of the PS3, I knew it was big but not 2 billion dollars big.

Rock_on_2008 said:
No where near recouping its loss on XBox 360, maybe in three years time it will break even.

Its called XBox 360, because when you look at it you turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Lol

2 things that bug me...

1. Frekin nintendo...they seemed like they were begging for your change in the n64 and gamecube days. They are stinikin filthy rich...

2. 360 may not be profitable overall yet but it has the best games thus far. One can argue with taste but majority will agree taht the best games are on the 360.
So while they have not profited thus far, you guys should atleast aknowledge that they deserve to be making a profit at this point as they have offered something better than the competitors (thus far).