By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has MS recouped all their losses from the 360 ?

If you're looking at MS total investment in Xbox then they can't have made a dime overall so far. Modern accounting means you can shift stuff around in your finacial statements - but MS were down many billions before seeing some profitable quarters, plus the $ 1Billion that was set aside doesn't show yet to while looking at a few quarters they technically made some profit so far the investment in Xbox far outweighs financial returns.

If course MS has money to keep hammering away - but like all big companies not forever, and given the presure Apple is starting to put on them one side and with companies like Google on the other it'll be interesting to see how MS balance staying ahead against increasing competition in other areas while continuing to pile money into Xbox.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

no, but their on their way, why else would they not spend money on advertising?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

ZenfoldorVGI said:
starcraft said:
Why would they do that when they are first starting to make money and properly build brand name? They are in this game (get it?) for far more than actually outselling competitors unit to unit like Nintendo.

Because that's why Nintendo is here, to emptily outsell their competitors with no real substance to show for it.

Don't be a shill, their "profit" doesn't include the billion dollar loss due to RRoD, and does include Zune sales.

360 has been a total stinker so far, like the Xbox before it. Now with price cuts and no Halo 3, or first party supersellers.

omfg. is that chart rite? thats insane! Microsoft is balls deep and niny is crazy. Sony is doing really good tho

if microsoft really is 6.2 billion dollers uner on the 360 then it will take

them selling 80m+ xbox 360 and since we have 17m sold now thay gotta sell a total of 100m

and im also sayin that microsft HAS too be makeing 75$ on ever 360 sold (witch i doubt its veen makeing 30$ lol)

i dont see microsft makein any monney till like 2020 if thay dont quit after there 3th system fails too make monney

i think thay will make a new xbox in 2010 :P

mgs4 will sell 2.4m week 1

japan:500k

others: 1m

NA:900k

AAA (90%+) games (metacritic):

nintendo:65

Xbox: 42

playstation: 98