By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 - Out Now! Impressions?

Tagged games:

Opinion?

Excellent! 254 42.62%

Great! 71 11.91%

Good 32 5.37%

It's OK 32 5.37%

Eh... 13 2.18%

No thanks 20 3.36%

Get this thing out of here! 7 1.17%

See results 164 27.52%

Total:593

Assuming you're playing on PC then Subiya? That's pretty damn gorgeous I have to say. The attention to detail is immense.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Im really disappointed, this game is buggy as hell, too much game breaking bugs, thé game has been released too early

I cant advance in thé story because of this fucking bug, its really a shame to released thé game with such huge bug on a major quest -_-

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/38812-BUG-Stuck-on-loading-screen-at-the-end-of-King-s-Gambit-quest

Reviewers really rushed their reviews, thé game in this state doesnt deserve such score

So be aware : wait for thé patch before doing thé king gambit quest, so wait to do thé main quests because you could be affected by a major bug

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Im so disgusted, i will go back to bloodborne now

Aerys said:
Im really disappointed, this game is buggy as hell, too much game breaking bugs, thé game has been released too early

I cant advance in thé story because of this fucking bug, its really a shame to released thé game with such huge bug on a major quest -_-

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/38812-BUG-Stuck-on-loading-screen-at-the-end-of-King-s-Gambit-quest

Reviewers really rushed their reviews, thé game in this state doesnt deserve such score

So be aware : wait for thé patch before doing thé king gambit quest, so wait to do thé main quests because you could be affected by a major bug

Ugh that sucks. Thanks for the heads up.

I had a game breaking bug too in Alien isolation:
http://forums.alienisolation.com/forum/support/game-issues/story-arc-issues/21245-game-breaking-issue-mission-16
The only workaround at the time was to go back a chapter and redo that fast without dying, then hope for the best :/
I guess that doesn't work in this case.

I'm still having problems with the camera and the frame rate during combat. When you fight a large group in the rain it feels like the animation drops to 10fps, it's all very jerky like watching the monsters move in stop motion fashion. (I was trying to take on some ghouls in some settlement on the way, ?? level, maybe they just move that way?)

And I wonder what CDPR has against students lol. I just did the defender of the faith quest. A bunch a idealistic students are vandalizing a shrine and you can either ignore them QUEST FAILED or tell them to knock it off and you enter a fight to the death. Why is everything so binary...
I used axii to let them knock each other out, then punched the last guy, still seemed like they were all pretty dead. Is there no middleground... Nice snarky comment in the final quest description, it always ends in a brawl with students.

SubiyaCryolite said:
56 hours in and I'm at level 20. I just completed an amazing secondary quest on Skillege (lovely scenery btw). I'm really impressed and WRPGS are going to be judged completely differently from now on. Random fetch quests just wont cut it, neither will bland NPCs.

Truly is a gorgeous game. And I was playing it on medium settings with nvidia hairworks off. Even with all the downgrades the game is still a beauty.

Around the Network
Aerys said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

I've had a similar loading screen issue. Have you tried completely rebooting the system? Unplug it from the power socket if necessary. Completely clear out the cache. Seemed to fix it for me, though it was a different yet similar issue. 

I triés everything, but it just doesnt work :/

Fortunetaly i found a way to leave thé castle by jumping in thé water , so i can still do the other little quests waiting for a patch, thats something

Conegamer said:
Assuming you're playing on PC then Subiya? That's pretty damn gorgeous I have to say. The attention to detail is immense.

Yes I am and yes it is. Beyond that the game is well optimised. Everything on Ultra (except hairworks) runs at a near constant 60fs on a GTX 970. Granted thats a fairly high end card but given whats on display its very good performance regardless. AAA studios (*cough*Ubisoft*cough*) should take note.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

StokedUp said:
I've got a feeling me NOT destroying the tree spirit linked with the ladies of the woods quest might of been a bad decision, just by the witches reaction to that.

The tree tried to kill you using the creatures of the forest. The conversation revealed that. 

Its a beautiful game with a rich narrative and deep gameplay variation. Im very glad Polish developers are being put on the map with this series, the more cultures we can experience through more varied game development studios all over the world the better.