By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

3DS - dead or alive?

Dead 106 26.04%

Alive 301 73.96%

Total:407
Cream147 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Not saying you aren't a Nintendo fan and I don't think anyone is taking this offensively: they are just telling you that you're wrong. If you wanted to talk about the lack of games (in your opinion), you should have just made a thread about that, not one that is titled "The 3DS is dead?".

But I wasn't interested in asking whether there was a lack of games for the 3DS because I know there is (at the very least relatively). I was interested in asking whether the lack of games was terminal and perhaps permanent at this stage. I certainly don't mind being told I'm wrong and I hardly expected everyone to agree with me, I just wanted to see what other Nintendo fans have to say on the matter.

When a guy says that I apparently made this thread just to "piss people off" then I'd say they are taking it offensively, and to those people that are, I'd suggest you become less easily offended.

Stop using that word. No one here is offended by your fucking post. I don't think you really know what that word means...just because I don't like your thread doesn't mean I'm offended by it. Anyway, I think everyone here can agree that the 3DS is not dead. Every attempt in this thread to prove that it is has been shot down pretty easily. Thank you and good day.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
Cream147 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Not saying you aren't a Nintendo fan and I don't think anyone is taking this offensively: they are just telling you that you're wrong. If you wanted to talk about the lack of games (in your opinion), you should have just made a thread about that, not one that is titled "The 3DS is dead?".

But I wasn't interested in asking whether there was a lack of games for the 3DS because I know there is (at the very least relatively). I was interested in asking whether the lack of games was terminal and perhaps permanent at this stage. I certainly don't mind being told I'm wrong and I hardly expected everyone to agree with me, I just wanted to see what other Nintendo fans have to say on the matter.

When a guy says that I apparently made this thread just to "piss people off" then I'd say they are taking it offensively, and to those people that are, I'd suggest you become less easily offended.

Stop using that word. No one here is offended by your fucking post. I don't think you really know what that word means...just because I don't like your thread doesn't mean I'm offended by it. Anyway, I think everyone here can agree that the 3DS is not dead. Every attempt in this thread to prove that it is has been shot down pretty easily. Thank you and good day.

Fatality!

ohmylanta1003 said:
Cream147 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

You seem pretty offended to me.

OP is pretty much spot on as far as software goes. Other than the SEGA 3D AGES releases the release schedule has been dire since Luigi's Mansion 2 released for me. The great games its had since then cater to a very specific audience so I can easily see why someone would question the software 3DS has upcoming. I would have expected far more from a system with such a high user base.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

OP is pretty much spot on as far as software goes. Other than the SEGA 3D AGES releases the release schedule has been dire since Luigi's Mansion 2 released for me. The great games its had since then cater to a very specific audience so I can easily see why someone would question the software 3DS has upcoming. I would have expected far more from a system with such a high user base.

Lol. Okay.

Edit: what would I even be offended about? I still don't think you're using the word in the proper context. No one has insulted me and therefore I cannot be offended. The OP's post was ignorant, not offensive.

Edit 2: because no one can possibly be right in saying that "ohmylanta must be offended" and this thread was already a bad thread to begin with and I've already been moderated for pointing that out, I won't be responding to any more posts.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

MikeRox said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

I would say he's more annoyed than offended. But u can't make up ur own definition of dead, 3DS sales are up YoY and it is still getting major software releases that sell well, there is no way to argue that it is a dead platform.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
MikeRox said:

I would say he's more annoyed than offended.

The OP was specifically saying it seems "dead" on software. As others have said, the goalposts for "dead" are variable to the individual. Most on here class Vita as dead, but there's generally a few releases each month that interest me. If it's dead for the OP, that's his opinion, he was wondering if anyone else felt the same way. I felt that way too as the games 3DS has been getting over the past year or two haven't really stoked my interest.

Yup, annoyed, the definition of being offended.

offended
əˈfɛndɪd/
adjective

1. resentful or annoyed, typically as a result of a perceived insult.
Really not sure why people get so hung up on particular words people use to descripe their interpretation of something.

MikeRox said:
zorg1000 said:

I would say he's more annoyed than offended.

Yup, annoyed, the definition of being offended.

offended
əˈfɛndɪd/
adjective

1. resentful or annoyed, typically as a result of a perceived insult.

Lol interesting, I always thought they were different

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

MikeRox said:

The OP was specifically saying it seems "dead" on software. As others have said, the goalposts for "dead" are variable to the individual. Most on here class Vita as dead, but there's generally a few releases each month that interest me. If it's dead for the OP, that's his opinion, he was wondering if anyone else felt the same way. I felt that way too as the games 3DS has been getting over the past year or two haven't really stoked my interest.

But u can't just claim a device is dead because it doesn't have the peticular games u want, the fact is that 3DS is still consistently getting new releases from 1st, 2nd & 3rd party developers. Again there is no way to possibly argue that the device is dead.

zorg1000 said:
MikeRox said:

But u can't just claim a device is dead because it doesn't have the peticular games u want, the fact is that 3DS is still consistently getting new releases from 1st, 2nd & 3rd party developers. Again there is no way to possibly argue that the device is dead.

I think context is key. But I'll agree that the choice of that specific word probably wasn't the wisest decision with how sparky these topics get.

As I said, I certainly agree with the sentiment that the lineup has been underwhelming, particularly given the system's sales.

Aside from Fire Emblem if I don't know any other title announced for this or next year. Unlike Japan that will get DQVIII and MHStories ;_;

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile