By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - An absurd hypothetical: What if Nintendo went PC exclusive?

Votessy timez!

I'd go with PC only if i... 107 68.59%

Still too much of an xbox EXCLUSIVE fan. 14 8.97%

Still too much of a Plays... 26 16.67%

I only play mobile. 9 5.77%

Total:156

I love absurd hypotheticals...

If they went P.C. exclusive, most of my gaming would be done on the PC, but I would go out and buy a system if a rockstar game came out on it and not on PC (like red dead)

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Around the Network

Considering that Wii U and PC are my only platforms, I would be fine. At least until my daughter is old enough to ask to borrow my computer.

However, Nintendo has a more family oriented public and thus, PC only would serve them poorly.

I don't see the problem. Only thing to worry would be piracy that is a lot higher on PC, so if they were to ally themselves to something, would rather be with XBO or PS4 or both.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

What is it with (mostly American) Nintendo fans buddying up with the PC crowd? I've noticed it a lot in the last 2 years ever since the PS4 started dominating the news. At the start of last gen a similar phenomenon happened with the Wii60 thing.

Nintendo is not gonna go pc exclusive, it is a ridiculous "what if" scenario. Nintendo doesn't consider pc a platform, even if they did, they'd rather put their games on PS4 where they'd sell more than PC. This is simply a cold hard truth, console games sell the most on consoles.

I still need my RPGs, so I'd still need to get whatever system gets the most.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

But I prefer third party games on PlayStation in general, over my gaming PC. It's not just the exclusives.....

But yeah I'd just be PC+PlayStation like I already am, and then if Xbox got some cool exclusives I'd pick that up eventually too like I usually do.

Turkish said:
What is it with (mostly American) Nintendo fans buddying up with the PC crowd? I've noticed it a lot in the last 2 years ever since the PS4 started dominating the news. At the start of last gen a similar phenomenon happened with the Wii60 thing.

Nintendo is not gonna go pc exclusive, it is a ridiculous "what if" scenario. Nintendo doesn't consider pc a platform, even if they did, they'd rather put their games on PS4 where they'd sell more than PC. This is simply a cold hard truth, console games sell the most on consoles.

Huh, most of the nintendo fans would do the exact opposite of what you are trying to imply (but PC fans would replace those Nintendo fans that would have left). I'm one of the few that would love Nintendo exclusivity to PC. Also Nintendo doesn't simply make "console games". They make a shit ton of things that would sell better on the PC/Mobile market. Infact nothing on the PS3/PS4 (Maybe the good old PSX/PS2 days) has proven that Nintendo games would be as successful as they have been in the past.

Add: Given no other company has the same Quality + IP ability that Nintendo does, so it might be unfair to compare Nintendo to Family Friendly Games on other consoles. 

Also Add: I know wonder how much bigger Animal Crossing/Tomadachi could be on the PC.

Same as SEGA? Nope. I want Nintendo to retain what makes them unique.

Hypothetically it would probably mean the end of Nintendo.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

daredevil.shark said:
Same as SEGA? Nope. I want Nintendo to retain what makes them unique.

I think Nintendo would retain most of their uniqueness, the thing is I never found Sega to have a unique thing outside of Sonic....and 3D Sonic wasn't that great to begin with and I love Sonic Adventure 2 but it was a solid game, not great. Given I would love Nintendo to be successful, so if they ever go third party they need to do PC/XB1/PS4 and Mobile games (Insert PC+whateverhomeconsoles exist and Insert Casual Market).