By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: 'No Concerns' for Holiday lineup

Rafie said:

You seem to have a beef with Sony. Also, you're right...I definitely disagree! You just downplayed the PS3's 1st party line up like MS had more when it was clear that MS didn't have ENOUGH!! You keep using the word "notable" here and it has a different meaning for you than others when discussing 1st and 2nd party games from both Sony and MS. Oh and you're smoking if you think MS fans are happy with their games now. There are plenty of people in outrage of the shortage of games out right now from both camps. You're being one sided here and I have to say that normally when I've seen you post, you were being objective. I know you like Xbox more. That's fine, but damn man the downplay on Sony from you is serious. I can't say much on the Vita. Although there are plenty of games to play on it, there aren't any first party titles really. Still you're boasting like MS has so many more games and/or "notable" games, when they don't. It's like I said, so far this gen both Sony and MS have underwhelmed in the games department. 1st party to be exact. Not one over the other.

I'm trying to end this on a agree to disagree terms, but you keep going on here. I'm a little taken back because I thought  you were one of the ones here who prefers their console of choice, but still had kept things in perspective. Guess I was wrong......

You're getting worked up, settle down.

I don't have a beef with Sony, but I feel their fans give them more praise than they deserve. Especially during the PS3 era.

My concern really isn't the amount of games, I'm more concerned with the number of actual notable games. Sony was whipping putting out tons of games last gen and most aren't remembered fondly. Quantity was a big concern for Sony fans, but the quality in a lot of their games wasn't there. Atleast not in the gameplay department.

I think MS fans are more content with their 1st party options. And I think they will continue to be more content than Sony fans this holiday.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

They have to have games releasing for this Holiday, hopefully they announce something in E3.

Realistically some of those smaller games will release before years end like Tomorrow Children and what not.

Worst case scenario is they just release God of War 3 Remaster and Uncharted Trilogy Remastered... *shudder*

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Mr Puggsly said:
Rafie said:

You seem to have a beef with Sony. Also, you're right...I definitely disagree! You just downplayed the PS3's 1st party line up like MS had more when it was clear that MS didn't have ENOUGH!! You keep using the word "notable" here and it has a different meaning for you than others when discussing 1st and 2nd party games from both Sony and MS. Oh and you're smoking if you think MS fans are happy with their games now. There are plenty of people in outrage of the shortage of games out right now from both camps. You're being one sided here and I have to say that normally when I've seen you post, you were being objective. I know you like Xbox more. That's fine, but damn man the downplay on Sony from you is serious. I can't say much on the Vita. Although there are plenty of games to play on it, there aren't any first party titles really. Still you're boasting like MS has so many more games and/or "notable" games, when they don't. It's like I said, so far this gen both Sony and MS have underwhelmed in the games department. 1st party to be exact. Not one over the other.

I'm trying to end this on a agree to disagree terms, but you keep going on here. I'm a little taken back because I thought  you were one of the ones here who prefers their console of choice, but still had kept things in perspective. Guess I was wrong......

You're getting worked up, settle down.

I don't have a beef with Sony, but I feel their fans give them more praise than they deserve. Especially during the PS3 era.

My concern really isn't the amount of games, I'm more concerned with the number of actual notable games. Sony was whipping putting out tons of games last gen and most aren't remembered fondly. Quantity was a big concern for Sony fans, but the quality in a lot of their games wasn't there. Atleast not in the gameplay department.

I think MS fans are more content with their 1st party options. And I think they will continue to be more content than Sony fans this holiday.

I'm not getting worked up. I'm actually pretty calm.  Well I was when I wrote that post. The captilization was emphasis, not shouting.

Again, it's your opinion in the quality department. There are plenty of notable games last gen from Sony's 1st party. More than I can name from MS. Although I do have most of MS's games (1st party), I feel as though they should have focused on creating more memorable IP's than shelling out millions for timed exclusive DLC's and such. That was MS's only problem last gen in my opinion. I also feel as MS fans downplay Sony's offerings like MS has it better. Nintendo can freely boast in that department. Trust me man MS fan's are not content with the 1st party options. Look around in threads. Check out other forums from Kotaku, IGN, GI, etc and you'll see how vocal they are. Same thing with Sony. We know they're lacking right now, but they are BOTH (emphasis) in the same boat.

I will agre with your last statement. There's no denying that, unless Sony is going to pull a rabbit out the hat. MS will have the best offering this holiday.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

All 3 next gen consoles have had disappointing lineups so far, even what's announced seems like less than what we've seen from say the PS2. How many great first and third party games were out or announced in development by a year and a half into that gen? I don't know if games are just getting more expensive and that means less games will be made? If that's the case than more companies are going to go out of business trying to make every game a killer app with cinematic scenes and big name voice actors and games that play themselves with an a
occasional quick time event thrown in. With that said, if gamers continue to expect that and only support those so massively than we are never going to get some of the smaller game experiences which are often more fun and enjoyable as games.

I think most Sony fans bought the PS4 out of ANTICIPATION so far than there actually being a lot of great games to play. I think that goes for the other 2 consoles as well but to those that think the ps4 is going to hit ps2 numbers or even pass the Wii, I have to laugh at that, the industry is changing for the worse and we are not seeing all the great content and choices like you had on the PS2 where you literally had almost 2000 releases over 10 years. All those PS4 sales now will catch up to them when a must have game does release and all the people that played what, Drive Club or The Order, lol, already have the console for the real good games.

I used to be content that having more lifetime sales then the other guy was literally more fun then who had better games. That WAS the game and it was GOTY imo :)

I imagine PS4 fans, like, the really devoted fans, feel the same way and are just content with the 3rd party games, plus the whole 1080>900p thing for good measure. I know Sony won't mind this year. Just throw in a bundle and marketing exclusivity for a few 3rd party games and they win. Case closed.

Now I see the light. I feel MS has been very good to its customers with its releases lately.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Serious question. I know Xbox One has Halo 5 being the headliner, with Fable Legends, and Forza 6 rounding it out. What does PS4 have announced so far that is a AAA retail game?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

LordLichtenstein said:

To all of you who says, "who cares, PS4 will still outsell XBONE", what about all of us who owns a PS4, are we just going to except not getting any BIG games, because we partially help them become market leaders? It is like punishing us for buying their console. !

Well I don't see the majority of gamers switching because of the lack of first party titles

there are plenty of 3d party titles to choose from

I think the average buyer doesn't even know whats coming out and if it's first party or not

and sony knows that so they are in the sweet position to just release their games when they are ready

sales2099 said:
Serious question. I know Xbox One has Halo 5 being the headliner, with Fable Legends, and Forza 6 rounding it out. What does PS4 have announced so far that is a AAA retail game?

Ori and the Blind Forest isn't a AAA game. Yet it is the best game I've played so far this year. Sure enough, I haven't played everything. But the point is that a game doesn't need to be a AAA game to be excellent and offer a great experience.

Mr Puggsly said:
Rafie said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Really? Even Sony fans on this forum and complained about the Sony's 1st party thus far on PS4.

Killzone:SF was heavily criticized, Knack was panned, Infamous:SS got some praise but seems forgotten, Driveclub was panned, and The Order was panned. Sorry man, that's disappointing from a 1st party that's praised for having the best exclusives. Having a lot of 1st party games isn't worth much if you aren't delivering notable games.

Oh you were speaking just for the PS4. Wooooo! Okay. I thought you were being a you-know-what for not being objective. I can agree that Sony's 1st party THIS gen has been lackluster. Then again...so has Microsoft's! They're both in the same boat. Nintendo is the only one pumping notable 1st party games this gen thus far. I know that will change though.

A lot of PS3's 1st party line up was over rated but that definitely had some gems. Frankly, the only things motivating me to get a PS4 is more God of War and Naughty Dog sequels.

I'd argue MS is putting out more notable games with their IPs. But you'll disagree. I think MS fans are pretty happy, I think Nintendo fans are happy, but Sony fans seem the most underwhelmed with 1st party games they've been offered. But again, I'm sure you'll disagree. Sony failed to deliver many notable games on Vita as well. Which is strange for a company many believe offer the best exclusives.

It seems to me like MS lacked both quality and quantity in 7 gen. and that was one of the big reason many xbox player jumped over to playstation, because everyone knew what Sony First Party capable of in terms of pumping out games and supporting their system, and its quiet evident even this year. Since 7 gen Sony first party has delivered in terms of Variety, quality and quanitity, while MS has failed to so. Outside of Yearly Halo's Forza's what other notable IP they have delivered.

Well the good thing about Xbox fans, is that they are smart and migrated where the great games will be, that is playstation.

sales2099 said:

They'll probably push No Man's Sky as a retail release, other than that they have Tearaway and probably Until Dawn during the holidays, but I'd classify neither of those as AAA.

Everything else is kinda up in the air, maybe they'll have something hidden that they can still whip out for the holidays, maybe they'll rely on a pricecut and exclusive marketing for big titles like Star Wars alone.

I personally just hope that Persona 5 makes it this holiday season.