By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: 'No Concerns' for Holiday lineup

Only the most rabid of fanboys would personally be concerned with what time of year games are released. What matters is that the games exist and get the time they need.

Now, for sales analysis? Xbone will probably pick up some holiday weeks in the US, like the previous year.

Around the Network
Zackasaurus-rex said:
Only the most rabid of fanboys would personally be concerned with what time of year games are released. What matters is that the games exist and get the time they need.

Now, for sales analysis? Xbone will probably pick up some holiday weeks in the US, like the previous year.

No. All games have to be released during the holidays!!!

at least they have had exclusives come out at a somewhat steady rate, where as at MS, they haven't had much come out of their camp.

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Mr Puggsly said:

Again, people at MS also worked on the game. The money MS gave Double Helix allowed them to bring in a team of fighting game veterans. Hence, they didn't just give an IP to Double Helix and tell them to have at it. I give credit to both MS and Double Helix.

Personally I think Uncharted 3 is better, but I'm not exactly crazy about any game in that series. They are solids games they got more praise than they deserve. The praise Halo 2 received was primarily for multiplayer and at the time that truly was something special. Uncharted multiplayer was always garbage and that's why nobody talks about it.

My opinions come from my personal taste and having actually played through many Playstation exclusives. Their big focus is cinematics and presentation. It was a big focus on PS3 and thus far its been too big of a focus on PS4. Forget my bias, even avid Sony fans are yearning for notable 1st party games from Sony.

Okay let's agree to disagree again because we're spinning our wheels here. However, I think you and a few Xbox and Nintendo fans are the only ones saying that their yearning for "notable" first party games for Sony when there's plenty. Sorry man, you'll have to speak for yourself on that one. I have never heard any Sony fan say that. I have heard Xbox fans say they wish they had more 1st party games for them. That's no secret though. Nintendo fans never say that of course. LOL

Anyway, thanks for keeping it cool man. I appreciate it.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Again, people at MS also worked on the game. The money MS gave Double Helix allowed them to bring in a team of fighting game veterans. Hence, they didn't just give an IP to Double Helix and tell them to have at it. I give credit to both MS and Double Helix.

Personally I think Uncharted 3 is better, but I'm not exactly crazy about any game in that series. They are solids games they got more praise than they deserve. The praise Halo 2 received was primarily for multiplayer and at the time that truly was something special. Uncharted multiplayer was always garbage and that's why nobody talks about it.

My opinions come from my personal taste and having actually played through many Playstation exclusives. Their big focus is cinematics and presentation. It was a big focus on PS3 and thus far its been too big of a focus on PS4. Forget my bias, even avid Sony fans are yearning for notable 1st party games from Sony.

Okay let's agree to disagree again because we're spinning our wheels here. However, I think you and a few Xbox and Nintendo fans are the only ones saying that their yearning for "notable" first party games for Sony when there's plenty. Sorry man, you'll have to speak for yourself on that one. I have never heard any Sony fan say that. I have heard Xbox fans say they wish they had more 1st party games for them. That's no secret though. Nintendo fans never say that of course. LOL

Anyway, thanks for keeping it cool man. I appreciate it.

Really? Even Sony fans on this forum and complained about the Sony's 1st party thus far on PS4.

Killzone:SF was heavily criticized, Knack was panned, Infamous:SS got some praise but seems forgotten, Driveclub was panned, and The Order was panned. Sorry man, that's disappointing from a 1st party that's praised for having the best exclusives. Having a lot of 1st party games isn't worth much if you aren't delivering notable games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Really? Even Sony fans on this forum and complained about the Sony's 1st party thus far on PS4.

Killzone:SF was heavily criticized, Knack was panned, Infamous:SS got some praise but seems forgotten, Driveclub was panned, and The Order was panned. Sorry man, that's disappointing from a 1st party that's praised for having the best exclusives. Having a lot of 1st party games isn't worth much if you aren't delivering notable games.

Oh you were speaking just for the PS4. Wooooo! Okay. I thought you were being a you-know-what for not being objective. I can agree that Sony's 1st party THIS gen has been lackluster. Then again...so has Microsoft's! They're both in the same boat. Nintendo is the only one pumping notable 1st party games this gen thus far. I know that will change though.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Oh you were speaking just for the PS4. Wooooo! Okay. I thought you were being a you-know-what for not being objective. I can agree that Sony's 1st party THIS gen has been lackluster. Then again...so has Microsoft's! They're both in the same boat. Nintendo is the only one pumping notable 1st party games this gen thus far. I know that will change though.

A lot of PS3's 1st party line up was over rated but that definitely had some gems. Frankly, the only things motivating me to get a PS4 is more God of War and Naughty Dog sequels.

I'd argue MS is putting out more notable games with their IPs. But you'll disagree. I think MS fans are pretty happy, I think Nintendo fans are happy, but Sony fans seem the most underwhelmed with 1st party games they've been offered. But again, I'm sure you'll disagree. Sony failed to deliver many notable games on Vita as well. Which is strange for a company many believe offer the best exclusives.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

A lot of PS3's 1st party line up was over rated but that definitely had some gems. Frankly, the only things motivating me to get a PS4 is more God of War and Naughty Dog sequels.

I'd argue MS is putting out more notable games with their IPs. But you'll disagree. I think MS fans are pretty happy, I think Nintendo fans are happy, but Sony fans seem the most underwhelmed with 1st party games they've been offered. But again, I'm sure you'll disagree. Sony failed to deliver many notable games on Vita as well. Which is strange for a company many believe offer the best exclusives.

You seem to have a beef with Sony. Also, you're right...I definitely disagree! You just downplayed the PS3's 1st party line up like MS had more when it was clear that MS didn't have ENOUGH!! You keep using the word "notable" here and it has a different meaning for you than others when discussing 1st and 2nd party games from both Sony and MS. Oh and you're smoking if you think MS fans are happy with their games now. There are plenty of people in outrage of the shortage of games out right now from both camps. You're being one sided here and I have to say that normally when I've seen you post, you were being objective. I know you like Xbox more. That's fine, but damn man the downplay on Sony from you is serious. I can't say much on the Vita. Although there are plenty of games to play on it, there aren't any first party titles really. Still you're boasting like MS has so many more games and/or "notable" games, when they don't. It's like I said, so far this gen both Sony and MS have underwhelmed in the games department. 1st party to be exact. Not one over the other.

I'm trying to end this on a agree to disagree terms, but you keep going on here. I'm a little taken back because I thought  you were one of the ones here who prefers their console of choice, but still had kept things in perspective. Guess I was wrong......

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Everyone seems to forget Ratchet & Clank...

-Ack!- said:
Everyone seems to forget Ratchet & Clank...

Has been delayed