By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: 'No Concerns' for Holiday lineup

Carl2291 said:
teigaga said:

I must be thinking of 2011, they had Gears 3 in the fall and the rest of the year was empty 

2011 was Gears 3, Forza 4 and Halo CEA.

The main thing for them in 2011's holiday season though was the exclusive advertising for both Modern Warfare 3 and Skyrim. The biggest games of the Year.

Which I'm sure sony will do. 

Around the Network

If PS4 owners are happy with the library so far, more power to them. You can't convince somebody that what they like is worse than what you like. It's not some type of cult. If Game X wants a PS4, it's because that's what appeals to him. No need to justify.

Me? If I only owned one of the three home consoles, I would go crazy. All of then are lacking majorly when it comes to library but combined offer a lot of fun.

d21lewis said:
If PS4 owners are happy with the library so far, more power to them. You can't convince somebody that what they like is worse than what you like. It's not some type of cult. If Game X wants a PS4, it's because that's what appeals to him. No need to justify.

Me? If I only owned one of the three home consoles, I would go crazy. All of then are lacking majorly when it comes to library but combined offer a lot of fun.

Ps4 owners will say ps4 exclusives are the best

Xbox 1 oners will say xbo exclusives are the best

wiiu owners will say wiiu excluisves are the best

d21lewis said:

I agree with this! Normally I don't get into the console this and that. However, downplaying from either side on games is a no no to me. I will say that all 3 have more games than their predecessors had when they dropped in their first year. I have all 3, so I don't miss anything!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Ruler said:

equally? PS4 has Bloodborne highest metacritic rated exclusive, that should give Sony the edge now from any neutral point of view

Oh yeah, that metascore means a lot to people that don't enjoy that type of game.

Also, I think its impressive are due to lack of other notable exclusives on PS4. People had money to spend on something after not buying The Order. :-p

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Rafie said:

No Double Helix did most of the developing. C'mon man. It also still doesn't negate the fact that it was an established franchise before MS bought Rare.

Also that is your opinion that Killzone isn't great. I could say the same for Halo nowadays, but that would be my opinion as well. Others, like me, share the same sentiments though. Still enjoy the games though.

The reboot of Tomb Raider is heavily influenced by Uncharted and there's no denying that. You're downplaying a great game that is Uncharted. When it launched, there was no other game like it. It's not just cinematics. I wouldn't say overrated.

You say that most of Sony's line up isn't very good. Okay.... Let me ask you this and please be honest. You think MS line up is better than Sony's offerings?! Oh and Xbox One's line up is not better. I'm sorry, but it's not. I have a Xbox One, PS4, and a Wii U. I play them all. PS4 thus far has a better line up of games. No question...no debate compared to the Xbox One!

I can also say the same about people sharing my opinion about Xbox games. I didn't want to turn this into a tit for tat in the games department, but I felt compelled to defend Sony from your downplaying. Seriously man I know you like and prefer Xbox over everything, but Sony has great games as well.

Again, people from MS work on KI as well. MS threw money at Double Helix to create a team of fighting game veterans. KI is better than ever thanks to MS. Give credit where its due.

Well the audience that shares the sentiment of Halo being great is certainly bigger than those with positive things to say about Killzone. Its funny, Killzone 2 is amongst the reviewed PS3 game and its something few seem to remember fondly. That series isn't terrible, but it didn't live up to the hype.

Tomb Raider inspired Uncharted, the Tomb Raider reboot was inspired by Uncharted. Hence, they are two IPs that simply borrowed from each other. Tomb Raider just nailed the gameplay better than Uncharted. I'd argue Uncharted 2 is a game people don't remember as fondly, Sony fans just needed something to boast about at the time.

When it comes to gameplay, I absolutely believe MS's offerings are better. But I like Sony games for story telling and trying to make unique experiences. I spend significantly more time with Xbox exclusives. But I still enjoy Sony games enough to play through them.

Ultimately, its a matter of taste. For example, you can't convince someone Playstation has the best games if all they care about is Halo.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Playstation_awaiter said:
d21lewis said:

Ps4 owners will say ps4 exclusives are the best

Xbox 1 oners will say xbo exclusives are the best

wiiu owners will say wiiu excluisves are the best

I owned an X1, but now am back to PC and gen7 stuff only. Nintendo has the best exclusive lineup in volume and average quality. It's just that their 3rd party lineup is abominable.

The exclusives for the PS4 and X1 are so infrequent that I feel like people fuss over them more than it's worth. Okay, so Halo 5 is coming this fall. Then what? 3 years or so until Halo 6 (as a mainline game?). What else is there, Gears, Forza, and Fable? What about Sony? About the same honestly (people could sanely argue that Sony has more total exclusives, but they're mostly mid-budget and vary widely in quality from mediocre to amazeballs of course).

I mean think about it, say you had a rule where you could ONLY buy the 1st party exclusives for one system :

The PS4 and X1 owners would go insane from boredom.

The WiiU owners would fare somewhat better, but also still die of boredom.

Seriously, unless you are down for indies in a big way, you can go MONTHS with nothing new to play of note. Depending on your standards of AAAness, maybe even ~1year+.

Mr Puggsly said:
Rafie said:

No Double Helix did most of the developing. C'mon man. It also still doesn't negate the fact that it was an established franchise before MS bought Rare.

Also that is your opinion that Killzone isn't great. I could say the same for Halo nowadays, but that would be my opinion as well. Others, like me, share the same sentiments though. Still enjoy the games though.

The reboot of Tomb Raider is heavily influenced by Uncharted and there's no denying that. You're downplaying a great game that is Uncharted. When it launched, there was no other game like it. It's not just cinematics. I wouldn't say overrated.

You say that most of Sony's line up isn't very good. Okay.... Let me ask you this and please be honest. You think MS line up is better than Sony's offerings?! Oh and Xbox One's line up is not better. I'm sorry, but it's not. I have a Xbox One, PS4, and a Wii U. I play them all. PS4 thus far has a better line up of games. No question...no debate compared to the Xbox One!

I can also say the same about people sharing my opinion about Xbox games. I didn't want to turn this into a tit for tat in the games department, but I felt compelled to defend Sony from your downplaying. Seriously man I know you like and prefer Xbox over everything, but Sony has great games as well.

Again, people from MS work on KI as well. MS threw money at Double Helix to create a team of fighting game veterans. KI is better than ever thanks to MS. Give credit where its due.

Well the audience that shares the sentiment of Halo being great is certainly bigger than those with positive things to say about Killzone. Its funny, Killzone 2 is amongst the reviewed PS3 game and its something few seem to remember fondly. That series isn't terrible, but it didn't live up to the hype.

Tomb Raider inspired Uncharted, the Tomb Raider reboot was inspired by Uncharted. Hence, they are two IPs that simply borrowed from each other. Tomb Raider just nailed the gameplay better than Uncharted. I'd argue Uncharted 2 is a game people don't remember as fondly, Sony fans just needed something to boast about at the time.

When it comes to gameplay, I absolutely believe MS's offerings are better. But I like Sony games for story telling and trying to make unique experiences. I spend significantly more time with Xbox exclusives. But I still enjoy Sony games enough to play through them.

Ultimately, its a matter of taste. For example, you can't convince someone Playstation has the best games if all they care about is Halo.

Then you need to take your own advice and give credit where it's due and stop downplaying. Double Helix was already a team before MS hired them. I don't discredit them (MS) at all. I just think you're giving too much credit to MS for the development. Sure they funded the game being made, but DH developed it. I guess it doesn't matter which way you look at it here. MS is still responsible for KI. I'll just give you that since we'll be spinning our wheels here.

Oh and Uncharted 2 is considered the best Uncharted thus far. You may be exaggerating how popular it really is. Sony fans don't forget it. It's others who don't have a PlayStation that has opinions on what they think it means to Sony fans. Now at the bolded is where I'm going to call you out on being bias. You don't think MS fans right the Halo gravy train like it's still Halo 2?! MS fans do the same thing as Sony fans. BOTH DO IT! If you say one company is doing it more than the other, you're being bias. There's no other way to argue that.

Well here's the thing. You like what MS offers the best. That's fine. I like what they all offer. I don't pigeon-hole them into categories like Sony for cinematics, or MS for shooters, or maybe Nintendo for cartoony/kiddie gameplay. Each repsective giant are the best at what they do in their own lane. It's where others that over critique that don't have the systems themselves talk crap about another system and it's games that I can't jive with. I'm not saying just because you don't have that console, you don't have a right to an opinion. I would never say that. It just hurts your credibility of objectivity when these type of discussions or debates ensue. I respect your opinion man. We'll have to agree to disagree here.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:

Then you need to take your own advice and give credit where it's due and stop downplaying. Double Helix was already a team before MS hired them. I don't discredit them (MS) at all. I just think you're giving too much credit to MS for the development. Sure they funded the game being made, but DH developed it. I guess it doesn't matter which way you look at it here. MS is still responsible for KI. I'll just give you that since we'll be spinning our wheels here.

Oh and Uncharted 2 is considered the best Uncharted thus far. You may be exaggerating how popular it really is. Sony fans don't forget it. It's others who don't have a PlayStation that has opinions on what they think it means to Sony fans. Now at the bolded is where I'm going to call you out on being bias. You don't think MS fans right the Halo gravy train like it's still Halo 2?! MS fans do the same thing as Sony fans. BOTH DO IT! If you say one company is doing it more than the other, you're being bias. There's no other way to argue that.

Well here's the thing. You like what MS offers the best. That's fine. I like what they all offer. I don't pigeon-hole them into categories like Sony for cinematics, or MS for shooters, or maybe Nintendo for cartoony/kiddie gameplay. Each repsective giant are the best at what they do in their own lane. It's where others that over critique that don't have the systems themselves talk crap about another system and it's games that I can't jive with. I'm not saying just because you don't have that console, you don't have a right to an opinion. I would never say that. It just hurts your credibility of objectivity when these type of discussions or debates ensue. I respect your opinion man. We'll have to agree to disagree here.

Again, people at MS also worked on the game. The money MS gave Double Helix allowed them to bring in a team of fighting game veterans. Hence, they didn't just give an IP to Double Helix and tell them to have at it. I give credit to both MS and Double Helix.

Personally I think Uncharted 3 is better, but I'm not exactly crazy about any game in that series. They are solids games they got more praise than they deserve. The praise Halo 2 received was primarily for multiplayer and at the time that truly was something special. Uncharted multiplayer was always garbage and that's why nobody talks about it.

My opinions come from my personal taste and having actually played through many Playstation exclusives. Their big focus is cinematics and presentation. It was a big focus on PS3 and thus far its been too big of a focus on PS4. Forget my bias, even avid Sony fans are yearning for notable 1st party games from Sony.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Rafie said:

Again, people at MS also worked on the game. The money MS gave Double Helix allowed them to bring in a team of fighting game veterans. Hence, they didn't just give an IP to Double Helix and tell them to have at it. I give credit to both MS and Double Helix.

Personally I think Uncharted 3 is better, but I'm not exactly crazy about any game in that series. They are solids games they got more praise than they deserve. The praise Halo 2 received was primarily for multiplayer and at the time that truly was something special. Uncharted multiplayer was always garbage and that's why nobody talks about it.

My opinions come from my personal taste and having actually played through many Playstation exclusives. Their big focus is cinematics and presentation. It was a big focus on PS3 and thus far its been too big of a focus on PS4. Forget my bias, even avid Sony fans are yearning for notable 1st party games from Sony.

On all three consoles, people are yearning for notable 1st party games. The rest of your narrative is one-sided. As usual.