By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: 'No Concerns' for Holiday lineup

DaveTheMinion13 said:
All Microsoft has is Forza and Halo, Tomb Raider being timed I don't count. No Mans Sky will out sell Forza easily, even being "Indie" considering Forza isn't a big seller anyways. Plus with Black Ops 3, Assassins Creed Syn, Battlefront (tied in with the movie coming out), they're is plenty to play. Most people who play Halo have Xbox Ones already, I had one before trading it in to pay a car payment.
For a bunch of people who have problems with money throughout the year, that time of the year is stakcked. Microsoft hasn't released anything great exclusively at the beginning of the year until the end of summer. The years line ups aren't much different Imo

Your post makes very poor sence. So you dont include Tomb Raider because its timed but you include No Mans Sky as the game to outsell Forza.. wait what? Forza and No Mans Sky arent competing against each other and No Mans Sky is Timed aswell.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Playstation_awaiter said:

There wont be any beind kicking. Please answer this, if sony has a price cut and makes battle front bundles, assasins bundles, mgs bundles, cod bundles, do you honestly think a halo and a tomb raider will completey oblitarate ps4? This holiday will be very close. And if sony gets outsold by 100k that wont mean much. Sony is marketing all the biggest third parties they have a very good holiday strategy. The same starategy that won ms last holiday. Third party bundles.

Who says MS doesn't have any third party bundle as well for all I care they could have the fallout 4 bundle and the COD bundle (which is more of an MS franchise anyway, combined with Halo 5 and of course the 400$ Halo bundle or even 350$ on black friday and Sony can say goodbye to being  marketleader in US. During the holidays neither companies had a megaton MS has one this time especially for the US, it's leading the US pre order chart already. 

MS can't have a bundle since sony is marketing. Falllout is going to also be sony. Remember the partnership they talked about when they showed eleder scrolls last e3. Sony will be very competitive this holiday. There will be no dominating. They did pretty much nothing last year. Had no third party advertisig aside from the gta v remaster bundle available only on black friday and Farcry, but that had no bundle. And they only lost by 300k that month. So now imagine what the power of all their third party advertisin deals will do in conjunction with the added benefit of star wars hype being bigger than ever before this holiday(in November) due to the movie. SOny is SET for this holiday. Lets not forget that they start off the next year with huge titles like Ucharted 4 and Street Fighter 5 and to a smaller degree ratchet and clank. 

Ms did have a megaton, did you forget the price cut with two games and a gift card deal?

Azzanation said:
DaveTheMinion13 said:
All Microsoft has is Forza and Halo, Tomb Raider being timed I don't count. No Mans Sky will out sell Forza easily, even being "Indie" considering Forza isn't a big seller anyways. Plus with Black Ops 3, Assassins Creed Syn, Battlefront (tied in with the movie coming out), they're is plenty to play. Most people who play Halo have Xbox Ones already, I had one before trading it in to pay a car payment.
For a bunch of people who have problems with money throughout the year, that time of the year is stakcked. Microsoft hasn't released anything great exclusively at the beginning of the year until the end of summer. The years line ups aren't much different Imo

Your post makes very poor sence. So you dont include Tomb Raider because its timed but you include No Mans Sky as the game to outsell Forza.. wait what? Forza and No Mans Sky arent competing against each other and No Mans Sky is Timed aswell.

Timed because of PC release. Do you consider Alan Wake to have been a timed exclusive?

Qwark said:
zorg1000 said:

Just like Microsoft kicked Sony's behind last holiday with Forza Horizon 2+Sunset Overdrive+Master Chief Collection going up against LittleBigPlanet 3+Driveclub? We have already seen that people prefer PS4 over XB1 when it comes to multiplats so Sony doesn't have nearly as much pressure to have big exclusives for the holidays.

Halo is a way bigger than Forza or Sunset hell I would say that game is bigger than those 2 combined on commerical area. I am sure those games will ensure MS to win both NPD's and regain their home terroty. Driveclub was quite a big game for Sony and it outsold Horizon 2 (even the launch was broken) it was also anticipated since it was the first racing game on the PS4 which isn't NFS. If MS does a €350$ Halo bundle on Black friday it could potentially sell a million units. Sony is lucky to have MGS as practically an exclusive (MGS doesn't sell to well on MS consoles).

I'm not arguing that those Xbox exclusives will be bigger than the Playstation exclusives, just that Microsoft isn't going to kick Sony's butt this holiday. Ya they may win US/UK but on a global level PS4 is going to sell much more with or without a huge mass market exclusive this holiday.

Like u even said, we can pretty much consider MGS a PS4 exclusive, that along with a price cut and some 3rd party holiday bundles/marketing will make sure PS4 doesn't get its butt kicked.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Playstation_awaiter said:
Qwark said:

Who says MS doesn't have any third party bundle as well for all I care they could have the fallout 4 bundle and the COD bundle (which is more of an MS franchise anyway, combined with Halo 5 and of course the 400$ Halo bundle or even 350$ on black friday and Sony can say goodbye to being  marketleader in US. During the holidays neither companies had a megaton MS has one this time especially for the US, it's leading the US pre order chart already. 

MS can't have a bundle since sony is marketing. Falllout is going to also be sony. Remember the partnership they talked about when they showed eleder scrolls last e3. Sony will be very competitive this holiday. There will be no dominating. They did pretty much nothing last year. Had no third party advertisig aside from the gta v remaster bundle available only on black friday and Farcry, but that had no bundle. And they only lost by 300k that month. So now imagine what the power of all their third party advertisin deals will do in conjunction with the added benefit of star wars hype being bigger than ever before this holiday(in November) due to the movie. SOny is SET for this holiday. Lets not forget that they start off the next year with huge titles like Ucharted 4 and Street Fighter 5 and to a smaller degree ratchet and clank. 

Ms did have a megaton, did you forget the price cut with two games and a gift card deal?

He is also not considering the fact even last year MS had Halo and IMO MCC collection is equivalent to Halo 5. Also there is a big chance of Halo 5 missfiring as evident from MCC debacle 

Around the Network
Rafie said:

WOW!!!! I don't know where to start here. There's so many things I can say. I'll just say that both Sony and MS have games with enjoyable gameplay. I can also say that Sony possibly can have more of the edge here due to their more diverse lineup than MS. Of course, that's also up to the interpretation of the public on which is more enjoyable. However, I wouldn't dare conclude that MS has more enjoyable gameplay than Sony when Sony has more variety that may entice that gamer's preference.

It depends on what you enjoy I suppose. For example, I like Killer Instinct and Sony simply never made a fighting game at par with that. Which is why they bought SFV exclusivity.

I like shooters, Halo and Gears are amongst my favorite games in that genre. Sony doesn't have a great shooter in my opinion. I enjoy the Uncharted series for the exploration and story, but they're bad shooters.

For the record, I pretty much played all the notable 1st party game on PS3. They make good games, they tell good stories and do some unique things. But when it comes down to actual enjoyable gameplay, MS has them beat.

In nutshell, I want Sony to focus more on gameplay and less on presentation. Hey, I still play Titanfall because its fun. I don't care if the graphics are underwhelming.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Kyuu said:

Whether Sony has or doesn't have the best exclusives is subjective. From an objective point of view, Microsoft's studios are widely considered the weakest out of the three. Neither you nor I can change that common perception.

Well last gen the 360 sold more 1st party software than Sony. Also, it should be noted it depends on what genres you enjoy. For example, I'm a shooter fan. Sony shooters were mediocre, overhyped, and lost in obscurity. while MS's shooters were and are still great.

At the moment, I feel there is a common perception MS has the best exclusives right now. Unless you REALLY like Mario games and Bayonetta 2. Even Sony fans are disappointed with much of their exclusive offerings thus far. Unless you bought a PS4 for Bloodborne there isn't much to boast about.

Maybe that perception will change when PS4 gets its hyped games of 2016. But X1 owners actually have exclusives to get excited about in 2015. Oh well, atleast we all get great multiplat games.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

LordLichtenstein said:
RANT INCOMING!

To all of you who says, "who cares, PS4 will still outsell XBONE", what about all of us who owns a PS4, are we just going to except not getting any BIG games, because we partially help them become market leaders? It is like punishing us for buying their console. !

ON TOPIC:

"There is plenty for gamers to get excited about already, such as Tearaway for PS4 and No Man's Sky"

WOW, a Vita game and an indie game! great job Sony.

Seriously, it is SO pathetic how they look next to Microsofts line-up!

P.S. I am a PS fanboy.

As a long time fan of Playstation and a current PS4 owner I too am a little dishartened that they won't have any huge 1st party titles coming out for  holiday 2015, I mean I like indie games and all but I want a AAA title that will garner me to dip into my wallet to purchase that big exclusive title. I will still watch sony's E3 but I really don't expect anything that will get me pumped for the holiday season (Hope I am wrong).

Mr Puggsly said:
Rafie said:

WOW!!!! I don't know where to start here. There's so many things I can say. I'll just say that both Sony and MS have games with enjoyable gameplay. I can also say that Sony possibly can have more of the edge here due to their more diverse lineup than MS. Of course, that's also up to the interpretation of the public on which is more enjoyable. However, I wouldn't dare conclude that MS has more enjoyable gameplay than Sony when Sony has more variety that may entice that gamer's preference.

It depends on what you enjoy I suppose. For example, I like Killer Instinct and Sony simply never made a fighting game at par with that. Which is why they bought SFV exclusivity.

I like shooters, Halo and Gears are amongst my favorite games in that genre. Sony doesn't have a great shooter in my opinion. I enjoy the Uncharted series for the exploration and story, but they're bad shooters.

For the record, I pretty much played all the notable 1st party game on PS3. They make good games, they tell good stories and do some unique things. But when it comes down to actual enjoyable gameplay, MS has them beat.

In nutshell, I want Sony to focus more on gameplay and less on presentation. Hey, I still play Titanfall because its fun. I don't care if the graphics are underwhelming.

Well if we're going by the bolded, MS never made the Killer Instinct franchise....it was adopted. A 3rd party studio made the game and made it what it was. Not downplaying because I LOVE KI, but that's not a fair assessment.

Also when it comes to shooters, Sony is great as well. Sure  Gears is a monstrous beast, but so is Killzone and the old Resistance. Also I can say that Xbox doesn't have adventurous game as Uncharted. Which is why they bought timed exclusivity for Rise Of The Tomb Raider. Now I'm not going to take away from the games that Xbox does have. They have quite a few of enjoyable first and second party games. However, PlayStation is much more diverse with their games. You can't deny that.

PlayStation games aren't just all presentation man and it's false to say that. This is my opinion as well. I honestly don't think MS has them beat on "enjoyable" gameplay. I think it's really about what you prefer. Shooters are what Xbox is known for. Phil is doing a good job so far to get them out of that one title term.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:

Well if we're going by the bolded, MS never made the Killer Instinct franchise....it was adopted. A 3rd party studio made the game and made it what it was. Not downplaying because I LOVE KI, but that's not a fair assessment.

Also when it comes to shooters, Sony is great as well. Sure  Gears is a monstrous beast, but so is Killzone and the old Resistance. Also I can say that Xbox doesn't have adventurous game as Uncharted. Which is why they bought timed exclusivity for Rise Of The Tomb Raider. Now I'm not going to take away from the games that Xbox does have. They have quite a few of enjoyable first and second party games. However, PlayStation is much more diverse with their games. You can't deny that.

PlayStation games aren't just all presentation man and it's false to say that. This is my opinion as well. I honestly don't think MS has them beat on "enjoyable" gameplay. I think it's really about what you prefer. Shooters are what Xbox is known for. Phil is doing a good job so far to get them out of that one title term.

KI is owned by MS and MS employees also worked on that project (most notably Ken Lobb). I'm not saying MS deserves all the credit, but they deserve more than you're giving.

Killzone and Resistance are not great. Are they good? Sure... but not great.

Xbox lacks an exlcusive like Uncharted and I'm fine with that. Uncharted is a grossly over rated series primarily because people enjoy the story and graphics. Tomb Raider trounced any Uncharted in the gameplay department. Tomb Raider focused on tight gameplay and more interesting enviornments to explore. While Uncharted is often a tiresome gallery shooter and focuses on a more cinematic experience. Its the story that keeps me playing Uncharted games thus far.

I'm not denying the Sony's lineup is more diverse, I'm just saying I don't care because most of their lineup isn't very good. I say that as a person that played most of what Sony offers on PS1, PS2, PS3 and Vita. Their PS4 lineup thus far has underwhelmed but I feel like people are just realizing Sony games aren't that great.

Yeah, I am giving my opinion and a lot of people share my opinion. Sony games just aren't as great and people on the internet claim. I bought a PS3 because their games were so hyped. In the end I felt like Sony fans played joke on me.

Recently Completed