By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2015 NPD Thread! XBO #1: 187k, PS4: 174k, 3DS: 116k, Wii U: 42k

Awful month in general, but it has worked like that since I can remember, so won't complain much. However, those Wii U numbers are dreadful.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

This is good. Hopefully Sony tries harder with Price cuts and 1st party efforts.

Although it could just be NPD adjustments. Ex: -20k PS4 (not first but barely any sales lost.)

Playstation_awaiter said:
FIT_Gamer said:

lol no it won't. Did you see how well pre-orders were for the PS4 Batman SKU? This will Xbox One's lone month until at least September.

Why september? Thats when MGSV launches and will push ps4's

I meant through September seeing as Halo 5 launches in October.

OMG! Finally!!!

Good job Xbox One! Now take the US by storm!!!

The time is now!!!

tiffac said:
OMG! Finally!!!

Good job Xbox One! Now take the US by storm!!!

The time is now!!!

To early to say anything, it won because of te multiple trade in deals, doesnt look like it has any for this month. Than come june batman budle releases.

Around the Network

Wii u numbers not so good :(

Great to see an XboxOne win for the month. Sony needs to see they are losing it's big momentum and do something about it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

I think this NPD result is precursor to an improving trend for XboxOne owing to the following:
a) Some keenly awaited exclusives this year such as Halo 5 and Gears remastered
b) Finally 360 owners are beginning to upgrade en masse (in the U.S) - still allowing for the fact of course that May is a quite month
c) Competitive price advantage,- however this could change quickly if the PS4 sees a price cut soon.
Having said that I do expect this to be a bit of a see saw ride between now and September and that PS4 could still take the top spot in some months during this timeframe. Lead up to Christmas and the holiday period will be a different story of course....

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

im back on this forum, in a long ass time, got banned for a month on neogaf for my comment on the ps4, because i said sony got too cocky with the ps4 and i wasn't surprised the xboxone won this month. idk if i deserved that ban, but what ev, i guess i gotta watch what i say, i think im gonna be back on this forum for a while.

so anyway, any chance that the three announce price drops?

gooch_destroyer said:
I see some people think all because MS wins a months, it's gonna continue. lol

I also saw some people on this forum thinking MS will never ever win anything again. lol