By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2015 NPD Thread! XBO #1: 187k, PS4: 174k, 3DS: 116k, Wii U: 42k

So what did we learn here today? Don't use previous months to conclude who wins NPD.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

This NPD is going to revive the amazon thread, that's for sure.

thismeintiel said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Of course all sides do it. But it's more abundant with Sony fans this generation because of how the PS4 is selling. It would be the same thing for Xbox fans or Nitnendo fans if their console was selling the best. It still doesn't change the fact the amount of downplay that arrives whenever the Xbox One wins something. I do believe there genuinely are people out there that refuse to accept the Xbox One will ever legitimately win anything, even if there is proof.

Just reading the first comment I responded to was a perfect example of downplay. It's the same reason why I as a Sony fan tend not to associate myself with other Sony fans this generation, because I do not like the way some of them are acting, but I do understand that it's like that on all sides anyway. 

I can only call bias if you think one side does it worse than another.  And you a Sony fan?  I'll have to take your word on that...

I never said any side is worth than the other, read my comment again. I said I know all sides are like this, but the Sony ones are the most abundant THIS GENERATION because of the fact that the PS4 is in the lead, the same thing if Xbox or Nintendo were in the lead. If you're gonna try and tell me that you can't see this, then i'll call that the bias.

Also it doesn't matter whether you believe if i'm a Sony fan or not, the point still stands. 

Angelv577 said:

Not really.

Namiirei said:
Angelv577 said:

Not really.

why not? without vgchartz numbers, it's the only thing we got to predict next NPD.

Around the Network

I think PS4 price drop should start at October. They have no notable games for holiday. If they drop it now then they wont have anything to counter halo 5.

FIT_Gamer said:

true_fan said:

Just imagine when the Big games launch unmatched this fall. Heck XB1 might steal a few months this summer if it can win April without new software.

lol no it won't. Did you see how well pre-orders were for the PS4 Batman SKU? This will Xbox One's lone month until at least September.

Why september? Thats when MGSV launches and will push ps4's

daredevil.shark said:

I think PS4 price drop should start at October. They have no notable games for holiday. If they drop it now then they wont have anything to counter halo 5.

They do have something to counter halo, its going to be assasins creed bundles, battlefront bundles, and cod bundles? and the price drop. If you think that won't help it compete if not beat the xbox you are delusional. Third parties are the biggest system sellers. Destiny and Unity showed that. And guess who will be marketing all the biggets third parties this holiday. Sony... The gap they got out sold by last year won't be repeated. All sony had last year was a lbp bundle and gta bundle that was only available on black friday. MS had all the thrid parties. Asscreed, Cod, Dragon Age, now sony has them.

I see some people think all because MS wins a months, it's gonna continue. lol

gooch_destroyer said:
I see some people think all because MS wins a months, it's gonna continue. lol

May is a possibiity, if they have more of those trade in deals it could happen, if not its back to ps4 winning. We are just going keep our eyes peeled.