By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst weapon you ever used in a video game?

Platina said:
Though it was fun, especially during the boss fight..

The Spinner from Twilight Princess is basically useless and doesn't do anything (at least they got it right in Hyrule Warriors)

Zelda games in general suffer a lot from useless items, but TP is probably the biggest offender.

Most of the items in TP are used during the dungeon, then for 1 or 2 heart pieces, and then very very rarely used again...the slingshot, the spinner, the staff thingy to control statues, the ball in a chain and the boomerang are almost completely useless. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
Cloudman said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Coins in Mario Kart 8

The ONLY thing wrong with MK8. I hate it when you`re in first, need a defensive item, and you get coins instead...

Controversal opinion: I grew to like the coins. It's a good risk-reward type in deciding whether to use your banana/risk your defense vs trying for the super horn. Sure it's probably cost me a couple races, but I would say overall the new dynamic is good.

I agree that is does add that risk vs. reward system, but most of the time, I find myself getting coins at the most dire situations and costs me the race. I`m not in favor it if myself.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'd say the Giant Knife in Ocarina of Time, in other words my fave game! Or fist in Doom <.<

Preston Scott

Aladdin on SNES. Your main weapon? A apple. Armed guards and supernatural creatures and your main defense is a apple.

RCTjunkie said:
Cloudman said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Coins in Mario Kart 8

The ONLY thing wrong with MK8. I hate it when you`re in first, need a defensive item, and you get coins instead...

Controversal opinion: I grew to like the coins. It's a good risk-reward type in deciding whether to use your banana/risk your defense vs trying for the super horn. Sure it's probably cost me a couple races, but I would say overall the new dynamic is good.

I agree. Even if it was not intended to do so, it did add a new layer of strategy to the game.

Around the Network
stpaulmagic said:
Needler from halo, I fucking hate that weapon.

That was 1 of the few that were any use to me. 

OP: I'll have to nit pick a bit, but the Helghast pistol.

I was a sniper with the pistol in the handgun only matches, but often found myself ending matches 1-10 before I started sniping with it. 

I went about 5-10 matches with majority KD before they figured me out. I was screwed when they did. 

The .22 Supressed from Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. Useless on a firefight and outperformed for silent HS.

The cane in Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. At least I think it's supposed to be a weapon. Maybe it kills bees? Never successfully hit one with it.

Pokeball that has Goldeen in it in Smash.

Fan o War in TF2

The Springfield in Call of Duty WaW Zombies. 2-shot kill in the body on Round 1, worse than the Kar98k, the iron sights are inaccurate, and of course, absolutely poor damage that even the starting M1911 is more useful.

I suppose I could also include the Axe from Ghosts 'n Goblins, which is somehow worse than the fireball since it doesn't stop on impact and not to mention it can't kill the Satans at Level 5 and Level 6 (What a major troll, even despite the shield nonsense).