By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst weapon you ever used in a video game?

Magitek Armor from Final Fantasy 6

Especially during the military base mission

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
noname2200 said:
Building off the OP's example, Top Man's power. Sure, it can one-shot Wily, but aside from that it's hard to hit with, does mediocre damage, and usually just ends up with you taking damage.

I'll just leave this here.

I played this game dozens of times ... and ... I had no idea!!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Ultrashroomz said:
noname2200 said:
Building off the OP's example, Top Man's power. Sure, it can one-shot Wily, but aside from that it's hard to hit with, does mediocre damage, and usually just ends up with you taking damage.

I'll just leave this here.

Great, so you can either extensively practice to not make it useless, or save your time and stick to better weapons. And even then you lose half your health defeating the boss!

I stand by my verdict.

Daedric weapons in Morrowind, they do good damage, but they weigh too much.
Energy weapons in Fallout 2, they often reduce enemies to ashes and unlike what Fallout wikis say, it's not just the annoyance of having to pick up the loot one piece at a time, maybe I don't remember well, but IIRC it often destroyed loot too, maybe this issue was patched unofficially after I finished that game. No problem, anyway, I preferred the Gauss rifle, or even better the faster and almost as deadly Gauss pistol, that gave me the possibility to shoot even twice per turn and have also two or more action points left to reload, retreat at a safer distance or else (but this made avoid destroying the loot of random encounters even more essential, due to scarcity of ammo).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

The sword Kratos must use to defeat the final boss in the first God of War, because it's slow, mandatory and the game throws the final boss at you before you can know its moveset.

Around the Network

Shotguns in COD? I love how the pellets disappear into thin air past`10 feet.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

The paper fan in Smash Bros. It just felt weak that it's better to hit your opponent without the fan.