By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

I'm surprised to see BoxBoy! on that list...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:

The latest issue of Famitsu has shared a listing of the top 30 best-selling games in Japan for the month of June 2015. You can check out the full results below.

1. [WIU] Splatoon – 368,538 (348,557 physical, 19,981 digital)
2. [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best Plus – 232,459 (225,296 physical, 7,163 digital)
3. [3DS] Tobidasu! Nyanko Daisensou – 97,189 (N/A physical, 97,189 digital)
4. [3DS] Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden – 88,707 (86,338 physical, 2,369 digital)
5. [3DS] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX – 54,544 (51,574 physical, 2,970 digital)
6. [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 52,890 (45,912 physical, 6,978 digital)
7. [3DS] Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale – 47,146 (44,902 physical, 2,274 digital)
8. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition – 45,077 (38,146 physical, 6,931 digital)
9. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 – 44,470 (42,762 physical, 1,708 digital)
10. [PS4] Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition – 37,804 (30,757 physical, 7,047 digital)
11. [PSV] Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus – 30,887 (22,088 physical, 8,799 digital)
12. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition – 27,164 (25,272 physical, 1,892 digital)
13. [PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC Evolution – 27,034 (24,984 physical, 2,050 digital)
14. [3DS] Stella Glow – 23,857 (22,294 physical, 1,563 digital)
15. [3DS] Girls Mode 3 – 19,125 (17,611 physical, 1,514 digital)
16. [PS4] Natsuiro High School: Seishun Hakusho – 17,840 (14,294 physical, 3,546 digital)
17. [3DS] Assassination Classroom: Grand Siege on Kurosensei – 16,912 (15,556 physical, 1,356 digital)
18. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 15,406 (14,690 physical, 716 digital)
19. [3DS] Downtown Nekketsu Jidaigeki – 15,064 (13,403 physical, 1,661 digital)
20. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 13,955 (12,127 physical, 1,828 digital)
21. [PSV] Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo tr. – 13,691 (12,904 physical, 787 digital)
22. [PS3] Natsuiro High School: Seishun Hakusho – 13,475 (10,515 physical, 2,960 digital)
23. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shinuchi – 11,645 (11,205, 440 digital)
24. [PSV] Possession Magenta – 11,571 (11,007 physical, 564 digital)
25. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 10,919 (9,715 physical, 1,204 digital)
26. [3DS] Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland – 10,773 (9,908 physical, 865 digital)
27. [PSV] Nobunaga no Yabou: Souzou with Power-Up Kit – 10,458 (9,360 physical, 1,098 digital)
28. [PS3] Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition – 9,362 (N/A physical, 9,362 digital)
29. [PS4] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster – 8,991 (7,642 physical, 1,349 digital)
30. [3DS] BoxBoy! – 8,879 (715 physical, 8,164 digital)

Note that these sales are based on data between May 25 and June 21.

http://nintendoeverything.com/japans-best-selling-games-of-june-2015/

Splatoon numbers are awesome

Also Mario Kart legs keep going strong.

Splatoon only has 20k digital?Interesting...

I was expecting much more due to the unnatural small size of the game, and specially since X, which is the beggist game on wii U, has more digital sales.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

This is one ugly game. The art design is terrible. Why not go with pixel art instead of these ugly polygon graphics? And that's the first forest I've seen without ANY trees. Just brown shit everywhere.

Nintendo really needs a seperate team for handheld Zelda titles. Shouldn't be hard to find a decent third party studio to take up that role...

And why has Nintendo abandoned pixel art in their games... The Minish Cap on the GBA looked better than this shit.

Platina said:

Yeah, there is going to be a lot of ironing out to do to figure how to host the splatoon tournaments. We're planning on having random teams each time, and taking the scores of each person (so yes, the bonus 300 pts are important, meaning that you have to try to win) and have a certain number of matches. Those with the most points overall will win.

Nothing is set in stone yet, as I have yet to see how exactly the private lobbies work so if you or anyone else have some other suggestions, please do tell and we will take it into consideration.

So there would still be an individual winner, which is solely determined by points. Hrmms, I don't think that's a good idea actually. Major problems be not all weapons have the same point efficiency, and you can have the most points without your team ever winning. Also that seems to imply we'd play Turf War only. We gotta have my Tower Control man! Not sure about random teams either since that might result in one-sided battles. Balancing teams based on Rank (a.k.a. 2x As 2x Bs on one team, 2x As 2x Bs on the other) should make for more interesting contest.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Platina said:

Yeah, there is going to be a lot of ironing out to do to figure how to host the splatoon tournaments. We're planning on having random teams each time, and taking the scores of each person (so yes, the bonus 300 pts are important, meaning that you have to try to win) and have a certain number of matches. Those with the most points overall will win.

Nothing is set in stone yet, as I have yet to see how exactly the private lobbies work so if you or anyone else have some other suggestions, please do tell and we will take it into consideration.

So there would still be an individual winner, which is solely determined by points. Hrmms, I don't think that's a good idea actually. Major problems be not all weapons have the same point efficiency, and you can have the most points without your team ever winning. Also that seems to imply we'd play Turf War only. We gotta have my Tower Control man! Not sure about random teams either since that might result in one-sided battles. Balancing teams based on Rank (a.k.a. 2x As 2x Bs on one team, 2x As 2x Bs on the other) should make for more interesting contest.

I've only thought for Turf Wars at the moment and not for the other modes yet, because we still need to figure things out for the other modes..

Weapon efficiency isn't a thing I can really balance with, unless we have preset teams that balance them out, which is really hard to do to make it 'fair'. Dividing so each team has an even number of rollers/chargers/etc. would seem unfair if they are made unproper..

Getting the most points without your team winning is another thing that I was aiming for because if you do well, you can still earn a lot of points without needing a good team. ..aka, you can still get first without having to win every game because you need to do realllly well in order to beat the +300 bonus for the winning team, which in that case, you should be awarded for doing so well

Not sure what you mean for having one-sided battles with random teams though because if I preset teams, having a really good player could carry the team?
I did think of having preset teams of 2, where you pair up with another team to battle against 2 other teams.. that may work out but I think that randomized teams could be the most 'fair'..

Good suggestions for the other modes, because I have yet to get to that part :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

This is one ugly game. The art design is terrible. Why not go with pixel art instead of these ugly polygon graphics? And that's the first forest I've seen without ANY trees. Just brown shit everywhere.

Nintendo really needs a seperate team for handheld Zelda titles. Shouldn't be hard to find a decent third party studio to take up that role...

And why has Nintendo abandoned pixel art in their games... The Minish Cap on the GBA looked better than this shit.

It's not that bad, although I agree that pixel art would do a better job.

I want to see Capcom make more Zelda games, Minish Cap was amazing and Ezlo was cool.

Platina said:

I've only thought for Turf Wars at the moment and not for the other modes yet, because we still need to figure things out for the other modes..

Weapon efficiency isn't a thing I can really balance with, unless we have preset teams that balance them out, which is really hard to do to make it 'fair'. Dividing so each team has an even number of rollers/chargers/etc. would seem unfair if they are made unproper..

Getting the most points without your team winning is another thing that I was aiming for because if you do well, you can still earn a lot of points without needing a good team. ..aka, you can still get first without having to win every game because you need to do realllly well in order to beat the +300 bonus for the winning team, which in that case, you should be awarded for doing so well

Not sure what you mean for having one-sided battles with random teams though because if I preset teams, having a really good player could carry the team?
I did think of having preset teams of 2, where you pair up with another team to battle against 2 other teams.. that may work out but I think that randomized teams could be the most 'fair'..

Figure what things? Why not just play them how they're normally played?

Yep exactly why it should not be based on points, everyone would just use Aerosprays while Blasters are all but forgotten.

For that to consistently happen you'd need to actively help your team lose by avoiding fights and not defending the center. That kind of play should not be rewarded as it doesn't help your teammates and wont get you anywhere in Ranked and Splatfest. This is a team game afterall!

I shouldn't have to say what'll happen if 4x A+ vs 4x C- lel.

Splatoon Update 2.0.0 Full Details

New Matchmaking Modes
Rather than being teamed up with random players, Squad Battle lets players participate in Ranked Battle “rule sets” with their friends. Players can create a squad consisting of 2-3 of their Inklings friends. Squads allow friends to remain on the same team, but battle other random squads.
For the Private Battle mode, friends can enjoy customizable matches. Anywhere from 2-8 friends can go toe-to-toe against one another, with options to choose the map, mode type, and weapons. Private Battle mode matches need not be even matched, either. The number of players for each team is chosen by whoever creates the Private battle match — 1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3, etc.
Editor’s note: Private lobbies can be set up with 4-digit passwords for added security.
Increased Level Cap and Ranks
When the August update arrives, the maximum level cap will increase to level 50 for the Regular Battle and Ranked Battle modes; the current maximum level in Splatoon is 20. Additionally, the current rank of A+ will be increased to ranks S and S+ in Ranked Battle mode.
New Weapon Types and Gear
The Slosher is a bucket-like weapon that splashes ink in a forward direction at a respectable range. Its angle of trajectory can be adjusted, however. With proper adjustments, opponents up high or those hiding behind walls be can be splatted. The Splatling is a Gatling gun-style weapon that dishes out a powerful charge of ink. When someone has a fully-charged Splatling, it’s time to get out of the way.
The August Splatoon update will also add more than 40 pieces of gear, ranging from a leather jacket to a sushi chef costume. Look for the new gear at the various shops around Inkopolis Plaza.
New Background Music
New background music will be randomly selected during the start of matches.
Editor’s note: Known music includes the song “Hooked” from the new music band called Hightide Era. There may be more music, but Nintendo did not specify in this changelog.
Splatfest Changes
When final results are being calculated, the winning percentage multiplier for each team has been increased from “2x” to “4x.”
Editor’s note: The popularity multiplier remains unchanged at “2x.”
Stage Adjustments
Urchin Underpass: Significant changes have been made to the landscape for all modes.
Saltspray Rig: Changes have been made to the landscape in Tower Control.
Arowana Mall: Changes have been made to the landscape in Splat Zones.
Kelp Dome: Changes have been made to the landscape for Tower Control and Splat Zones.
Moray Towers: Changes have been made to the landscape for Tower Control and Splat Zones.
Special Weapon Adjustments
Inkzooka: The number of points required to fill the gauge has increased from 180 to 220.
Echolocator: The number of points required to fill the gauge has increased from 180 to 220.
Killer Wail: The number of points required to fill the gauge has decreased from 180 to 160.
Sub-weapon Adjustments
Splash Wall: In rare cases, the amount of damage produced by bombs was incorrect. This issue has been fixed.
Gear Abilities
Tenacity: If teams are incorrectly numbered at the start of a match, the special gauge will fill up when the match begins. (Prior to the update, the special gauge filled up before matches began.)
Special Charge Up: The special gauge now fills up more accurately based on how much of this ability you have. (Prior to the update, the amount of turf covered was not properly calculated/proportionate to the amount of ability.)
Sound Effects
Sounds effects for the Inkstrike special weapon have been enhanced in order to hear the strike more clearly. Specifically, adjustments have been made to better tell which direction the sound is coming from.

Miscellaneous
Other adjustments have been made to provide a better player experience.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Platina said:

Figure what things? Why not just play them how they're normally played?

Yep exactly why it should not be based on points, everyone would just use Aerosprays while Blasters are all but forgotten.

For that to consistently happen you'd need to actively help your team lose by avoiding fights and not defending the center. That kind of play should not be rewarded as it doesn't help your teammates and wont get you anywhere in Ranked and Splatfest. This is a team game afterall!

I shouldn't have to say what'll happen if 4x A+ vs 4x C- lel.

Keep in mind that this is a tournament so we do have to figure things out, and need to decide what rules we need to set for all modes :p

Not sure what scoring system you want, but is it kills (like in ranked) or wins for your team?

I've played plenty of matches (with charger) defending the main area and still gaining the most points even though I had to engage in battle. I don't really think this would be that much of an issue because you do need to defend the main area, but you need to make sure you have the other routes covered in your paint, which is important to win. You can't always avoid a fight. Teamwork requires both offensive and defensive players to succeed.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

... Maybe its time I start playing Splatoon again, whens the update??