By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Witcher 3 review thread, 93 meta on PS4, 93 on PC, 91 on XB1 [Mod Approved]

Will you be buying Witcher 3?

Day 1 156 58.87%

On sale 38 14.34%

After the Enhanced/GOTY edition releases 44 16.60%

No 24 9.06%

Total:262

"the combat system still lacks depth, and structure as questing never changes. As it is, it's a perfect game for whoever like to dive deep into a believable and vast imaginary world, but not for gameplay purists."

"Sloppy combat and ongoing optimisation"

"The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a surprising failure as an open-world video game"

"the number of smaller and bigger issues can surprise (in a bad way, of course). It is an amazing game but right now the amount of bugs is simply too high."

I was not expecting this kind of coments, I´m surprised that the game is getting the same scores we though anyway.

Around the Network

Goodnightmoon said:
"the combat system still lacks depth, and structure as questing never changes. As it is, it's a perfect game for whoever like to dive deep into a believable and vast imaginary world, but not for gameplay purists."

"the number of smaller and bigger issues can surprise (in a bad way, of course). It is an amazing game but right now the amount of bugs is simply too high."

I was not expecting this kind of coments, I´m surprised that the game is getting the same scores we though anyway.

Right on schedule

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

PC version is better presented than both XBO and PS4 so it is weird that they didnt send PC review copies out.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Right on schedule

I´m going to buy this game anyway. I´m concerned about problems that I didn´t though the game was going to have. Still, has the same score I was expecting.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

Hopefully a Day One patch will fix that. IMO a good and stable framerate is just as important as having no game breaking bugs.

Showing 93 at 15 reviews for me atm

DerNebel said:
Weird that the reviews on metacritic are for the PS4 version, normally the version that has the marketing rights gets reviewed.

92 after 11 reviews, looks great, might check it out when I have some more time/money.

afair I read posts that said the PS4 version is the one sent out for reviews, seems to be confirmed by this

Goodnightmoon said:

I'm not.  Some of the very best games of all time have been flawed.  Fallout, Dragon Age, and previous Witcher games come to mind.  That's because these games are complex and multi-layered; it's quite possible for them to have a number of problems while having so much positive content that it overshadows the bad.  

Simpler games can get closer to flawless but that doesn't mean that the overall experience is better (or worse).  Personally, I'll take the complex-yet-flawed any day of the week.

Angelus said:
Showing 93 at 15 reviews for me atm

Now I believe it can go 94; perhaps 95.