By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Witcher 3 review thread, 93 meta on PS4, 93 on PC, 91 on XB1 [Mod Approved]

Will you be buying Witcher 3?

Day 1 156 58.87%

On sale 38 14.34%

After the Enhanced/GOTY edition releases 44 16.60%

No 24 9.06%

Total:262
sundin13 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I´m going to waste 60$ on this and I don´t want to be so dissapointed as I was with DAI, a game that turns up to be big, beautifull, impresive... and extremely boring for my standars, and it wasn´t cheap.

Out of curiousity (sorry I haven't been following the whole conversation), have you played the Witcher 1 and 2? If you are unsure of your purchase you can always check out those games first. They are often on sale for really cheap on Steam or GOG.

The witcher 2 has a terrible optimization, I can run Far Cry 4 at High settings with 45- 70 fps, but for some reason The Witcher 2 works sub-30 fps on medium-low settings, similar of what happens with games like Alan Wake and GTA4, they don´t work fine in new pc for some reasons I can´t understand. 

Around the Network
celador said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

General consensus ?

Most people that I know or have spoken to online thinks it is overarated. Maybe consensus was the wrong word, but I think the game is overrated and so do many others

There is no need for these comments. Anybody can make up these types of comments about how people they know think a game is overrated. If it was completely overrated and didn't deserve an 88 then it wouldn't have steamrolled literally every game to get GOTY.

Headshot said:
celador said:

Most people that I know or have spoken to online thinks it is overarated. Maybe consensus was the wrong word, but I think the game is overrated and so do many others

There is no need for these comments. Anybody can make up these types of comments about how people they know think a game is overrated. If it was completely overrated and didn't deserve an 88 then it wouldn't have steamrolled literally every game to get GOTY.

That wasn't the original point. It was that I thought, and others had agreed, that DA:I was overrated, for the same reasons that The Witcher 3 was getting criticised. And that it had made me cautious on the high scores it was getting, and would wait for gamers in general to give their verdict. Don't see the problem with that

Goodnightmoon said:

The witcher 2 has a terrible optimization, I can run Far Cry 4 at High settings with 45- 70 fps, but for some reason The Witcher 2 works sub-30 fps on medium-low settings, similar of what happens with games like Alan Wake and GTA4, they don´t work fine in new pc for some reason I can´t understand.

...so did you play it or not? If so, did you like the gameplay? Quite frankly, how The Witcher 2 ran is fairly irrelevant to what I was trying to ask.

I was just suggesting that you use the past game as a barometer for your enjoyment of The Witcher 3...

Goodnightmoon said:
Fusioncode said:

lmao here comes the cherrypicking negative comments. Not even surprised. 

cherrypicking? Sorry if I´m concerned because even 100/100 reviews are telling that the combat is weak... when you are the whole game fighting... and sorry if i´m concerned because they are actually tellling that it doesnt really work as an open world because a bad structure. That sadly can´t be solve with patches as the framerate problems and tons of bugs that the game has. 

I´m going to waste 60$ on this and I don´t want to be so dissapointed as I was with DAI, a game that turns up to be big, beautifull, impresive... and extremely boring for my standars, and it wasn´t cheap.

I´m concerned about it, I don´t care for a big pretty world where you get bored at the third day,and I dont care about tons of dialogue, cutscenes and sex, I don´t care, I want to be rewarded by playing, and I´m having my doubts now. But i´m going to buy it anyway.

Please source each quote (you should do this anyway).  That way no one can accuse you of making stuff up and we can read the entirety of what was written within context.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Fusioncode said:

lmao here comes the cherrypicking negative comments. Not even surprised. 

cherrypicking? Sorry if I´m concerned because even 100/100 reviews are telling that the combat is weak... when you are the whole game fighting... and sorry if i´m concerned because they are actually tellling that it doesnt really work as an open world because a bad structure. That sadly can´t be solve with patches as the framerate problems and tons of bugs that the game has. 

I´m concerned about it, I don´t care for a big pretty world where you get bored at the third day,and I dont care about tons of dialogue, cutscenes and sex, I don´t care, I want to be rewarded by playing, and I´m having my doubts now. But i´m going to buy it anyway.

So much bullshit in this post. My God. And if you don't care about the story and dialogue then this clearly isn't the game for you because that's a major part of The Witcher. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

sundin13 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The witcher 2 has a terrible optimization, I can run Far Cry 4 at High settings with 45- 70 fps, but for some reason The Witcher 2 works sub-30 fps on medium-low settings, similar of what happens with games like Alan Wake and GTA4, they don´t work fine in new pc for some reason I can´t understand.

...so did you play it or not? If so, did you like the gameplay? Quite frankly, how The Witcher 2 ran is fairly irrelevant to what I was trying to ask.

I was just suggesting that you use the past game as a barometer for your enjoyment of The Witcher 3...

I´m not going to buy a game that is broken on new pcs to prove if I like the gameplay of another game. 

pokoko said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Please source each quote (you should do this anyway).  That way no one can accuse you of making stuff up and we can read the entirety of what was written within context.

The Gamespot and the Destructoid video talk about the combat as being too easy or too simple.

Even the Telegraph review qualified the combat as "finicky" or "heavily metered with  caveats" but they gave the game a 10.

It's not the game's main strenght for sure but I'm sure anyone who buys this game won't do so for the combat elements.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Fusioncode said:
Goodnightmoon said:

So much bullshit in this post. My God. And if you don't care about the story and dialogue then this clearly isn't the game for you because that's a major part of The Witcher. 

I care about the story, just dont when the actual gameplay is not fun. I usually don´t like interactive movies, doesnt matter how big they are. The game seems more than that anyway I was expresing my concerns because is not the first time a game gets ridiculous high scores just to be revealed time later as highly overrated like happened with gta4 and dai.

Fusioncode said:

So much bullshit in this post. My God. And if you don't care about the story and dialogue then this clearly isn't the game for you because that's a major part of The Witcher

Indeed, it's probably the only good part about the game. Because taking into account the lackluster combat system the only good thing left about the game is... it's story and characters! Oh and it's pretty visuals!

And the sex scenes of course.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"