Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video games causing a "masculinity crisis" claims famed psychologist

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The real problem with male masculinity to me is being in an estrogen induced environment. Japan plays less games these days than they did in the past and yet they are STILL having an issue with mating, marriage and childbirth. Third world countries are not having this problem. Hmmmm....I wonder why?

But If you'd check the numbers, you'd probably realize that the amount of time the average japanese male plays video games and watches porn is also STILL way ahead of most third world countries...

Personally, while I too suspect hormones (esp. estrogen) to have a significant negative effect on men, I also believe that excessive video games and porn consumption probably have a significant negative effect on men as well.



Around the Network
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Japan plays less games these days than they did in the past and yet they are STILL having an issue with mating, marriage and childbirth. Third world countries are not having this problem. Hmmmm....I wonder why?

Simple, educated people realize there's more to do in life than breed.

If you don't know what contraception is and have no aspirations beyond survival and parenthood, you'll reproduce more.

No really, Japan are working themselves to death, that's what.

People can have as many kids as they want, as long as they can provide them with basic life needs.



Goatseye said:
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Japan plays less games these days than they did in the past and yet they are STILL having an issue with mating, marriage and childbirth. Third world countries are not having this problem. Hmmmm....I wonder why?

Simple, educated people realize there's more to do in life than breed.

If you don't know what contraception is and have no aspirations beyond survival and parenthood, you'll reproduce more.

No really, Japan are working themselves to death, that's what.

People can have as many kids as they want, as long as they can provide them with basic life needs.

I was referring to third world countries.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Goatseye said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If masculinity is a problem, generally speaking, its because of estrogen being in a lot of our products. Yes, there is a social problem, but videogames do not hurt the risk, reward system nor does porn lead to erectile dysfunction. Socially awkward teenagers are going to be socially awkward teenagers and perhaps videogames give them a distraction from the world, but they are making the decision themselves to play them.

The real problem with male masculinity to me is being in an estrogen induced environment. Japan plays less games these days than they did in the past and yet they are STILL having an issue with mating, marriage and childbirth. Third world countries are not having this problem. Hmmmm....I wonder why?

P.S.

The system in which we live seems to fear an equal and balanced society between males and females.

My hypothesis is that people that are mostly isolated and avoiding social interaction, have low levels of physical and menta energy.

I used to live in a 3rd world country and what didn't lack over there is human interaction on all kinds of level. The type of conversation we have on VGC, is held face to face with various people and in an always lively environment. The energy you find in those type of environments is contagious. Which leads me to think that, the the underlying problem here is somewhat depression or apathy.


I can understand people who are already isolated becoming more isolated than normal, but videogames do not conflict with the risk/reward center of the brain. it actually helps them by causing. This is a sexual issue though. First world doctors trying to figure out why we're having issues making babies and the male baby batter going bad. They are looking to blame many things for the birthrate issues of first world nations.

I love forums and I probably have more posts than most, but in real life I am a highly social networker. I type very quickly as I talk and network quickly.



"When I'm with a girl, I'll wish I was watching pornography, because I'll never get rejected."

And that's only the male's fault?
In this society where sex is taught to be bad, boys want nothing but sex, sex will kill you, proper girls don't have sex, etc etc. We have a risk of overpopulation anyway, free internet porn for everybody to control the population!

There was no internet porn when I grew up, had to do it all by myself. Didn't slow me down in the slightest...

Anyway another study that confirms, anything consumed in over abundance can be bad for you, shocker.
Teach how to moderate yourself in school, not simply that everything that's fun is bad.



Around the Network

The differences between men and women's academic results could be easily fixed: Restore the bias against women in education from 75 years ago and forget ADHD exists and I'd bet men would be kicking ass again.

"When I'm in class, I'll wish I was playing World of Warcraft." Before WoW existed when I was in school wished I was playing basketball in the park. This isn't anything new.



curl-6 said:
Goatseye said:

No really, Japan are working themselves to death, that's what.

People can have as many kids as they want, as long as they can provide them with basic life needs.

I was referring to third world countries.

I've been to third world countries with better condition to grow kids than a lot of "1st world".



Goatseye said:
curl-6 said:
Goatseye said:

No really, Japan are working themselves to death, that's what.

People can have as many kids as they want, as long as they can provide them with basic life needs.

I was referring to third world countries.

I've been to third world countries with better condition to grow kids than a lot of "1st world".

Third world countries generally have far less access to education though.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Player2 said:

The educational differences between men and women could be easily fixed: Restore the bias against women in education from 75 years ago and forget ADHD exists and I'd bet men would be kicking ass again.

"When I'm in class, I'll wish I was playing World of Warcraft." Before WoW existed when I was in school wished I was playing a basketball match in the park.


yeah!  i mean that wouldnt change a bit for me. we dont have many women at the university anyway.

they dont wanna study something usefull, the rather studie genderstudies, or social studies, or teaching. those women arent as educated as the hot chick on the way to her master in math that smokes dope with me after playing flunkyball at university partys.



I think he talk about himself.