By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne frustration starting to set in....

You don't even need to go near him. Head down the steps on the right hand side and you can head into a building to shield away from him.

You've no chance of making progress with that lack of patience.

Around the Network

learn skillz

Yup, you need patience. I remember I fought the crow hunter by mistake and then I refused to proceed until I beat her. So by the time I got to where you are, I was level 34 or maybe higher.

A lot of Bloodborne is about exploring w h at the best way forward is. If the enemies are too hard is there an easier location you haven't been to yet? If you levelled up woukd it help? Is there another way around?

E.G the section you are on, I sneaked around the left and up the ladder. Didn't know you could push him off so I fought him, but he eventually fell off.

My friend on the other hand had a really powerful weapon called the Canon I think. He got up and shot him once and the hunter fell off.

ps3-sales! said:

Hey guys. You might have seen my thread the other week about why I think the Order is garbage. If not I'm not going to post it here because I'm lazy. 

Anyway, I was excited to send the Order back to gamefly so I could start Blood borne. 

Being my very first souls game (i know don't judge me though) I was expecting a very challenging and rewarding experience. 

So far, I am having a blast. Not sure how to check my playtime but I'm somewhere around 10-12 hours. Level 25 with some decent stats. Still learning a lot. 

I hadn't been too frustrated with it, most of my deaths have been deserved. I either didn't know how the enemy fought or I did and got too cocky. 

Until I got to Old Yharnam. This place blows. 

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

In case you haven't played, in this section of the game there is a mini boss on top of building that rains down with a gatling gun whenever you're out in the open. Of course enemies down with you will attack you while you're getting annoyed and trying to hide from the gun. 

Only way to stop it is to go up there and kill him. Only he's the hardest enemy I've faced yet. Very frustrating battling him with his constant dodging and shotgun that sprays wide. 

Died 6 times to him. One after another. 

I know I should just level up but that gun annoys me so much. 

Anybody else pissed off by this guy???

I'm actually contemplating quitting. Its that annoying. Convince me to stick with it 😊

Do what I did, just don't kill him. It's not that hard.You are going to lose a lot of health to his gattling gun, but just accept that, and progress through the level. Once you get passed him, you don't have to worry about him anymore. 

Dude, I do not blame you. On my second time through, that boss remains the hardest I've fought. Like the others have said, it's almost entirely luck.

I got gud and actually killed him. (I was mostly just dicking around waiting for him to dodge-roll off the ledge, randomly poking at him to give me some room to move...and that killed him).

That said, Keep at it. Once he's dead, Old Yarnham becomes a great powerlevelling area.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Use the 2H axe and do a charged swing at him, when he's near the edge, and he'll fall off. Thing is, you really don't have to beat him to advance. In fact, beat the Blood Starved beast, leave Old Yahrnam, come back from through the prison area instead (beating Darkbeast Paarl), and you'll basically come up behind him where he'll instead talk to and be your friend, provided you promise to stop killing beasts.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I'm now at this place, should i run at him?

estebxx said:
dude he is super hard to kill because you are not supposed to actually kill him (at least not in a "normal" way), you are supposed to throw him off the tower.

do this: get on the ladder and sprint up when you get to the top DONT STOP, and get up and dash towards him and hit him a couple of times and he will fall off, but remember you must be very quick and get to him before he gets away from the gatling gun.

Okay so noob question here I don't think I have the ability to sprint. Does ever class have it or do you need a certain class?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:

Okay so noob question here I don't think I have the ability to sprint. Does ever class have it or do you need a certain class?

Every class can sprint. You just have to press circle

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
ps3-sales! said:

Hold whatever your dodge button is to run faster. It does drain your stamina though. Like others have said, you do not need to fight him. You can run past the guns firing line and he's no longer a problem.