By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1 terabyte Xbox One coming during E3?

I only use my external drive, which is a far superior alternative, so I have higher hopes for a remodel with an even lower price tag. Then my brother will jump onboard :).

Around the Network
pbroy said:
umegames said:

just curious can you actually run games off the hard drive like wii-u?

this has been my hang up on ps4 and xb1, because 500gb is just not enough

Yup and it's faster, cuz the USB 3.0 connection has faster transfer rate than the internal SATA. 

PS4 doesn't have this feature.

I don't think you know what you are talking about. Unless you are running a ssd or a 10k rpm, you are limited by hard drive I/O and not the connection.

I wouldn't be surprised at all with a 1T for the new standard model. I think that would be a good mild upgrade. Perhaps that would be the perk this fall.

Perhaps special editions will be 2T. I know it's really easy to add, something like 8T 16T with externals, but for most consumers it's best to have it all in one simple package.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

F**k all that.... The powazzzz is da claaaawwddd.... No but seriously until the cloud is a seriously viable solution.... I can't wait for the day you can just use a NAS

The important thing we can take away is that: MS did it first :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.