By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1 terabyte Xbox One coming during E3?

The console costs 400. 50 extra for 500gb extra sounds normal, it's not a placeholder

Around the Network
pbroy said:
Meh... Internal hard drives are so las gen.... USB plug and play has become more convenient ever since M$ broke that wall. Now even 360 feels unlimited.

I would choose internal drives any day due to space on my desk, and my PS4 would look Fugly with another black box plugged into it. But that's probably just me.

I always buy internal hard drives for my PC for an upgrade rather than an external one.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Microsoft needs to introduce slim Xbox One and 1 TB version together.

Too much expensive. The console is selling poorly at 400 euro outside USA and UK, I don't get why someone should pay 50 euro more for just a plain console with an upgraded hard disk. At least last holiday there was Call of Duty bundled.

pbroy said:
Meh... Internal hard drives are so las gen.... USB plug and play has become more convenient ever since M$ broke that wall. Now even 360 feels unlimited.

just curious can you actually run games off the hard drive like wii-u?

this has been my hang up on ps4 and xb1, because 500gb is just not enough

Around the Network

Hasn't this been already announced last year?

pbroy said:

Hell no.... I can't think of a single way external hard drives are better than internal, other than upgrading is a little easier. I don't want an extra box taking up space, assuming it needs an external power supply it'd take up another plug which I don't want, that's 2 more wires.... Also if I want to take my console somewhere I have to bring two boxes too!

USB would be slower than a standard internal HDD too right... and more expensive for the same amount of space I'd imagine.

I hate external, my WiiU takes up 3 plug sockets because of the console, gamepad charger and USB HDD power. :'(

Dr.Vita said:

IIRC it was only in the CoD bundle,  the console had a Advanced Warfare skin and was $450, which put off a lot of people.

Also, price is too high, the XB1 needs a price cut in Europe. €450 for a 1TB Xbox One while the PS4 is €400? It would be dead or arrival. Make the 1TB €400 and the 500GB €350, and maybe throw in a game at no additional costs and maybe it will do something.

poklane said:
Dr.Vita said:

IIRC it was only in the CoD bundle,  the console had a Advanced Warfare skin and was $450, which put off a lot of people.

Also, price is too high, the XB1 needs a price cut in Europe. €450 for a 1TB Xbox One while the PS4 is €400? It would be dead or arrival. Make the 1TB €400 and the 500GB €350, and maybe throw in a game at no additional costs and maybe it will do something.

why should the increase the500gb price?   1tb 350€ 500gb 300€-  20 euro cut for the 500gb and 30 more for the 1tb version.

Barkley said:
pbroy said:

Hell no.... I can't think of a single way external hard drives are better than internal, other than upgrading is a little easier. I don't want an extra box taking up space, assuming it needs an external power supply it'd take up another plug which I don't want, that's 2 more wires.... Also if I want to take my console somewhere I have to bring two boxes too!

USB would be slower than a standard internal HDD too right... and more expensive for the same amount of space I'd imagine.

I hate external, my WiiU takes up 3 plug sockets because of the console, gamepad charger and USB HDD power. :'(

If ur using an internal you lose the space that was originally in your console, like for the PS4 if you upgrade you lose the 500GB that came with the console.  If you use an external with the X1 you get the 500GB + the external memory.  You can easily find an external HDD that doesn't need a plug too, I got a 2TB one.