By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U sold 23K in Japan this week. Bad? good? or what?

Opinion?

Succes! 33 9.85%

very good! 89 26.57%

ok 110 32.84%

meh 43 12.84%

bad 21 6.27%

terrible 6 1.79%

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM 33 9.85%

Total:335

I think it's an okay number, it's not like any other console did great either.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
It's not terrible but bad.
23k with one of the biggest games (or the biggest?) in Japan this year.
PS4 and 3DS are doing such numbers weekly in Japan.

haha, you wish ps4 was doing those numbers.

It's a decent number in what has turned out to be an awful market for home consoles. The one that worries me is the 3DS, I expected more from it.

kivi95 said:
Horrible. 2 big WiiU game releases + golden week.

1 relevant release. golden week doesn't matter.

Both ps4 and Wii U were a disappointment. 20k in golden week isn't something to brag about.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Both ps4 and Wii U were a disappointment. 20k in golden week isn't something to brag about.

for Wii U os. Last year was 8k lol

Click HERE and be happy 

Not good at all. I really hope it can improve.

It's ok. Not great but Wii U hasn't exactly been selling good in Japan lately (or ww for that matter). Last year golden week didn't do much for the system so it's still a pretty good boost, relatively.

I just hope it doesn't immediately fall back into the 7/8k region again next week.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Now wii u world wide numbers can hopefully match PSvitas numbers...I vote "whatever" cause US and Europe sales suck anyway...that's why Nintendo wants to abandon ship

In Japan sales don't really get much higher then that unless MH or DQ is involved.