By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation PLUS members received over $1,300 in games in the past year!

PlayStation PLUS members received over $1,300 in games in the past year

PlayStation Plus members amassed an impressive library of games over the past 11 months — that’s a form of “user engagement” mobile games just can’t beat.

Reddit user A-Dark-Injection crunched the numbers and found that from June 2014 to May 2015, Sony gave out $1,354.76’s worth of games for its premium membership service. Those who sign up for PS Plus can play these games as long as they have an active subscription. Sony refreshes the lineup of free games every month, giving the PlayStation maker a way to keep players within its ecosystem — and outside of Microsoft’s and Nintendo’s — and boost user engagement.

Paying for PS Plus is also the only way PlayStation 4 owners can go online and play with their friends. It costs $50 a year.

You can see the full info graphic below (click it to see a bigger version).

A-Dark-Injection also provided the following notes in the Reddit thread.

- The platform totals include all games for each platform (the monthly two games and Cross-Buy versions). That’s why the sum of the platform totals is higher than the total value.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/06/playstation-plus-members-received-over-1300-in-games-in-the-past-year/

Around the Network

And this without Driveclub!!

It is an awesome service!!!

And for only $50 a year. Thanks, Sony.

Loving it.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Too bad there is a vast disparity between how much people would have paid for them otherwise and how much they would be willing to pay for them.

I still figure I get at least $200 value for my $50 subscription.  Every month get $15-20 worth of games I do enjoy.   I am loving Guacameelee right now for example.

Ka-pi96 said:
Too bad there is a vast disparity between how much people would have paid for them otherwise and how much they would be willing to pay for them.

Ya, I would be an example of that. Besides Infamous First Light/Isaac, I don't think I cared for PSPLus title on the PS4. I bought Transistor before hand, that would have been the third one.

Ka-pi96 said:

Exactly.

And the value is also much lower if we know that the great majority of PS+ subscribers are PS4-only users, and have gotten the worst selection of the three platforms included.

Maybe I'm an aberration, but I find myself playing and enjoying most PS+ games added to the service (at least on the Vita & PS4). Guess the service really speaks to me; I like a wide variety of games, and PS+ tends to surprise me with games I love but wouldn't have bothered with on my own. (I actually find myself having a hard time fitting in time for games I've purchased...)

would be nice to see them put some better games on ps plus, maybe next year when the library is a lot bigger