By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Safe to say the WiiU is worst selling Nintendo home console of all time.

I hope it reach 20 Millions, but my other side of me says impossible, But i hope the miracle comes , as much as i want PS4 to be success, i also want other Japanese company success. Because i want Japanese Video games Industry strong again.

Around the Network

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

The Wii U is a good console with potential to be great(like the Gamecube) by the end of its lifecycle in terms of quality software. I liked the Dreamcast from a technological perspective but I would rather play the Gamecube over it anyday of the week because of the great exclusives on it. I'm not sure the Wii U will reach a similar number of quality exclusives but it will come close.

yvanjean said:

Safe to say the WiiU is worst selling Nintendo home console of all time.

Wrong.

This sold 3m lifetime, there goes you topic.

If they screw their next home console then they will be non relevant in home consoles. Third parties are never coming back and NX needs to be a successful without them. Home console market is already crowded.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
If they screw their next home console then they will be non relevant in home consoles. Third parties are never coming back and NX needs to be a successful without them. Home console market is already crowded.

That depends, They can sell next Home Console with 15mil-20mil lifetime, if SW sales are good and/or HH is doing well (or Mobile) they can continue on.

I doubt they leave even with another WiiU. They'll have to change up their approach but whats the point of leaving the Home Marke when they still got millions of fans buying MK/SSB/2D or 3D Mario/etc? Its not like HH is doing bad neither, even if it declines next gen (it wouldn't be by much)

U don't say?

Is it the worst selling nintendo home console up until now? Yes. Is it the worst selling nintendo home console of all time? We don't know, they could screw up the NX as well.

It's a shame because it's my favorite nintendo console of all time.

I finally knew the Wii U's fate at the first ND in 2014. It was clear then that Nintendo had accepted it's fate.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.