By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BioShock 2 Announced

I know the news that 2k boston is not making the 2nd Bioshock is not really considered to be "new news" but I am sad about this.
Bioshock was so great, and knowing almost instantly that it will most likely never be matched in the quality of its story and presentation is depressing to me.

still I am sure Bioshock 2 will be very good.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

Maybe they'll hit the sweet spot this time and make the environments and overall gameplay more varied? Bioshock was a long stretch when, halfway through, I realized there were no more new enemies, locales or NPC's of any consequence...
Solid game, awesome visuals and atmosphere, but too tedious in the long run, and the horror factor could've been played even stronger for added effect!
Kudos for not using a little, black haired girl with a white dress to make things creepy.
Yes, 500 horror flicks and the insanely predictable F.E.A.R, I'm looking at you!

thats good the first one was great i hope this one will eb too

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

DMeisterJ said:
Dallinor said:
Q4 09'? That's a very long way off. Good news however for fans of the original title. New developers handling it might be cause for some concern though.

And will it remain 360/PC exclusive?

January - March 2010 right?

The last line in the original post says October 09, but right before that it says Fiscal 09, which is what you have down, so it's all very confusing. 

God damnit and I was pissed enough when they announced Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2. When will the over saturation of the market with sci fi shooters, most which aren't good, end.

Around the Network

In other news, the government announced today that the sky is blue and the Church confirmed that the Pope is Catholic.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Zucas said:
God damnit and I was pissed enough when they announced Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2. When will the over saturation of the market with sci fi shooters, most which aren't good, end.

You should be complaining about games like Timesplitters, not Bioshock. GeoW2, Resistance 2, BioShock 2, those are the reasons why we see so many shitty sci-fi/fantasy shooters on shelves. Massively popular games that are good tend to get copied a lot.

That's like me complaining about how shitty modern science fiction movies are and using Sunshine as an example to back up my point. It is the only decent sci-fi flick I have seen in the past few years. I can't hold the rest of the world's shittiness against it. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/