By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty viral marketing gets sent to mods of Wii U subreddit

Turns out CoD is only coming to the Wii-U; because third parties don't bother making sense anymore.

Or alternatively we'll get an exclusive 'Call of Zebes' since 'Hyrule Warriors' was a thing...

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
I think they do actually have the Wii U version in development. The more and more hints the come out has convinced me. They obviously have an 360/PS3 version in development. They are just hiding the Wii U/360/PS3 versions so they can market there beta right now. They will all 3 be announced at some point, probably around E3.

For people saying why they don't just announce it, its because of the whole Beta thing that they are working on for the Xbone and PS4 version. They want all the media attention on that.

Correct. I have been reading in a number of articles now that a WU/XBOX360/PS3 version is also in development but will likely be outsourced to another game studio. Lets wait n see eh.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

This is getting multiple threads a day... Maybe the mystery of the release is good. Hopefully it releases and sells well enough to justify other 3rd party releases.

Goodnightmoon said:
HollyGamer said:
It's like Activision torturing every Wii U owner feeling here. Killing them and butchering it slowly

Well, I have my doubts about "every wiiu owner" being tortured when the franchise is not very popular on wiiu (to say the least).

OT: The game is coming, it´s obvious. It may be the first time i buy a CoD in years, it depends on how good the game is and the quality of the port. And I´m intrigued to know the studio making this one.

Well i mean every Wii U owner who expecting this to coming  to Wii U offcourse. The same with every PC gamer who expecting Half Life 3 on PC ...I think.

They're just toying with Wii U owners to pique their interest in the game. Leading them on as if there were a chance to actually play it, only to confirm it as not coming to the Wii U at the last moment. So now-interested Wii U owners will have to find another way to play.

Around the Network

Activision trolls WiiU owners hard. Even putting finances in viral marketing of the game that will never be out on WiiU. Just for lulz.

ironmanDX said:
This is getting multiple threads a day... Maybe the mystery of the release is good. Hopefully it releases and sells well enough to justify other 3rd party releases.

Nice to hear that, man.
And I think the same, the mystery could be actually good.