By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty viral marketing gets sent to mods of Wii U subreddit

I'd rather they not bother with Wii U. It's pointless since it won't help move consoles.

Around the Network

Activision is just trying to sell Black Ops to Wii U owners. We just to buy PS4/X1 first lol

Click HERE and be happy 

And what if it's not a BO3, but ... a spinoff or Modern warfare HD trilogy?

NobleTeam360 said:

Another year another 20 threads about Call of Duty possibly coming to the Wii U, rinse and repeat . Wish Activision would just announce if it's coming to Wii U or not instead of leaving months of speculation, it grows rather tiresome to see.

Don't you understand? By not announcing the Wii U version, and just releasing it alongside the others, they ensure better Wii U sales.

I wish Acti would just stop teasing WIi U owners peroid, it's getting to be monotonous, in fact just stop teasing gamers period..

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Advanced Warfare sold almost 8M on PS3/X360, without digital, according to VGC.This tells me that Activision may choose to not ignore them completely, but want BO3 to be current gen only.

I think they may try a "2 games" strategy, similar to what Ubisoft did last year with Assassins Creed Rogue. Rogue sold poorly, almost 1,8M, but CoD is a stronger franchise. If this second game is comming to Wii U too, i can see it reaching more than 3M. Little for a CoD, but not too shabby

I think that's a possibility. They aren't talking about it in order to focus the marketing on BO3 for now.

Maybe Activision is testing the waters to find out if there's actually enough of an audience on Wii U now who could potentially buy their game. if there's enough of a buzz about a Wii U Version Activision might think about producing such a version.

If so, I don't think however this would already happen for this one, it's more probable then we're talking about next year's CoD

Edit:

Or they want to to make a quick port of a PS360 Version to compensate for their falling sales

It's like Activision torturing every Wii U owner feeling here. Killing them and butchering it slowly

HollyGamer said:
It's like Activision torturing every Wii U owner feeling here. Killing them and butchering it slowly

Well, I have my doubts about "every wiiu owner" being tortured when the franchise is not very popular on wiiu (to say the least).

OT: The game is coming, it´s obvious. It may be the first time i buy a CoD in years, it depends on how good the game is and the quality of the port. And I´m intrigued to know the studio making this one.

KLAMarine said:
I'd rather they not bother with Wii U. It's pointless since it won't help move consoles.

It wont help move consoles, but surely its nice to have another semi decent game in the Wii U library? I know I would like the choice to buy it.