By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hearthstone Reaches 30 Million Players

Its a pretty decent card card that is ruined by pay to win mechanics and microtransations.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

The power of F2P can sure be powerful.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

While it can get frustrating having no legendaries and playing against someone with 10 of them, I still really like the game at its core. I think it suffers a lot because of people sheeping over decks and chasing the meta, but I still play it every day...

Last card game I played was Yu-Gi-Oh(real life version). Just can't get into them anymore.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

A well deserved milestone. It might not be a particularly deep or innovative card game, but it's a prime example of how good Blizzard are at taking old ideas and presenting them in a way that makes it fun and very accessible. Couple that with a reasonable FTP model and critical acclaim, and it being a success was all but guaranteed (though i'd never have guessed it would become this popular).