By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Direct Contents Leaked? Delfino Plaza Stage and More!

Yea... i'm gonna go with sounds too good to be true.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

Well, it will depend how long the direct will be. Since we already seen lots of footage on it already.

Im not really sure about the promotion ( even though i like it, i would get zelda, since its only that and dk which i dont own ). BUT! Nintendo is really pushing this, with the bundle and the Amiibos.

And! " here will be set of Super Mario Sunshine based stages " - Could this be a hint for e3? =D

But it would be really NICE if most of those things were true! HYPE!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Real.

On one hand, this is probably fake, because these kinds of leaks usually are.

That said, as far as these go, this one is not THAT farfetched. Things mentioned here are either in line with what we already know (amiibos unlocking costumes, new options for multiplayer, etc) or could feasibly be newly revealed this close to release (2D shooter minigame, campaign details, etc). Even the free download code sounds like what they did with MK8 last May.

If this is all true, it is generally good news. For one, since the campaign was not shown at E3 2014, I was worried that single player would be insubstantial. 28 levels at half an hour each sounds like a healthy amount, especially if unique mechanics are used well. I'm also reminded of Kid Icarus: Uprising, which had a similar number of levels clocking in at around half an hour each. If the gear in this game works similarly to that one, it would be a good way to pace levels and create replay value with different weapons. The difficulty settings will probably also be fun to play with.

The stages based on Super Mario Sunshine could sound a bit random, but I can easily see the style of movement and aesthetics of that game transferring to Splatoon. Maybe Sunshine HD was in the works back in the day before Wind Waker got the HD makeover instead? Probably not. Regardless, it also doubles as a good way to get attention from Sunshine fans.

The new online/mode-related stuff is basic but good. Team Death match is a standard mode, Battle Dojo ought to be online, Tournament mode would normally be a bit unlikely from Nintendo, but this does seem to be a leap forward for online play over there. The demo having an online stage would work well with that.

One odd thing about this is the 5 possible game downloads. The same thing happened last year, but NSMBU and Wii Party U instead of Tropical Freeze, 3D World, and Hyrule Warriors. The thing is, as downloads, those are odd choices considering their file sizes. Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD were 3.9 GB and 1.8 GB. Not that bigNSMBU and 3D World are both about 1.7 GB, and NSMBU is often bundled with the console anyway, so that makes sense. Hyrule Warriors and Tropical Freeze though are 8 and 11.4 GB, a large portion of the console's 32 GB of storage. Considering how no new version of the Wii U has been released with more storage, it seems a bit odd.

Love and tolerate.

If its true... Pre-order uncancelled!!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Too good to be true.

As some people say, too good to be true. Although if this leak is real, I will buy the game day one

28 levels wouldn't last you 14 hours. The levels aren't very long, like SM3DW.

I feel like reading this will only hype me up for something that might disappoint in the end because of this so I will read it.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It would be awesome if true.