By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Konami wants 1 Million Sales of MGS4 in Japan Alone + Other Info

it will have good salea in america and the eu but not japan

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

Around the Network

500k lifetime Japan.

Games are having significantly lesser sales in comparison to their PS2 predecessors.

Bundle it and they will have 1 million sales..

plzdontbanme said:
MGS 4 will be lucky to sell 317k first week in Japan.

get of the crack bud.

easy half a mill first week.

I know many people don't want to admit it but MGS just isn't that big of a game in Japan. Dynasty Warriors, Gundam Musou, and Hot Shots Golf are bigger games. Yakuza is almost as big of a game as MGS in Japan.

Please stop saying they will ship a much higher number than sold, it doesn't work that way. Shipped = sold eventually. MGS 3 shipped 860k and sold 860k. If there is unwanted stock the game will go through a price collapse until the price gets so low that people will buy it. Virtua Fighter 5 could be found for less than $10 because nobody wanted to buy it.

Also Konami does not decide how many is shipped, retailers order how many they think will sell. The only way things get overshipped is when retailers overestimate demand.

Basically i think konami is setting themself up to be dissapointed here.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
bbsin said:

The only PS3 game we can really count on going far past 1million in Japan alone is FF13 and FF13 versus.

lol only on vg.

YAhh Gran Turismo5 wont break 1 mill

johnsobas said:
I know many people don't want to admit it but MGS just isn't that big of a game in Japan. Dynasty Warriors, Gundam Musou, and Hot Shots Golf are bigger games. Yakuza is almost as big of a game as MGS in Japan.

Please stop saying they will ship a much higher number than sold, it doesn't work that way. Shipped = sold eventually. MGS 3 shipped 860k and sold 860k. If there is unwanted stock the game will go through a price collapse until the price gets so low that people will buy it. Virtua Fighter 5 could be found for less than $10 because nobody wanted to buy it.

Also Konami does not decide how many is shipped, retailers order how many they think will sell. The only way things get overshipped is when retailers overestimate demand.

Basically i think konami is setting themself up to be dissapointed here.
 sure sure... pfff.

and can you pepole try to admit that MGS has a hardcore following, it will do similar numbers in japan like all the other MGS games did no matte rhow much you dont want it to do well.

There has not been a single PS3 game released in Japan that has sold to 50% of the users that a PS2 game in the series has ... Now, I think there is a remote chance that Metal Gear Solid 4 could match the sales of Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 in its lifetime but I doubt it will make it to 1 Million anytime soon.

I see no reason for Konami to be confident in this regard. This is not a major popular series within Japan. This series has never sold over a million copies within Japan. They are making this game for a console with a tenth of the total install base of the console that couldn't sell over a million copies on the first three attempts in Japan. So I wonder what strange confluence of mystical energies is going to bring this about. I think there is a serious problem in Konami. Either they are incredibly deluded about their chances, or are inventing fanciful tales for the public.

I now extend an open challenge to anyone who is saying this title will sell over a million copies in Japan within the first month on the market. I challenge you to a bet. The stakes 1000vg$. I bet this title will not sell a million copies within japan during its first month on the shelves. I would go for a longer period, but honestly I am not patient enough to wait twelve months to finish off a serious bet like this. All you have to do is say you accept. Simple enough proposition if your so confident.

The title sells a million or above and you get 1000vg$. The title sells less, and your a laughing stock. I think your confidence is a facade, and nothing more. Time to lay down a little humility. You guys are so confident that its going to make titles like Brawl look pathetic then lets see you put that vg$ where your mouths are.

Diabloz if you cannot tell I am calling you out, or anyone else foolhardy enough to take this bet. I bet you will flinch and not even respond.

ahhhh shaddap.. let them blabber about it. I'm just gonna buy it when it comes out. If they fail... not my problem.

There's a line between optimism and being plain absurd, believe me they're crossing to absurdity.