By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The button; do you press it?

I would

press the button. 67 49.26%

destroy the button. 30 22.06%

reverse the button, turni... 3 2.21%

try to rig the button to... 36 26.47%

Total:136
generic-user-1 said:

metroid prime, the 3 best console fps in its gen...

Not really a fan of metroid or FPS games, but I heard good things. Hopefully they will revive the franchise for its fans during this gen.

Twilord said:

Well Ocarina of Time wass nearly first-person and Captain  Toad as nearly a Zelda Spin-off but is also quite faithfully a Mario game without jumping...

So basically, alot of FPS games in the vain of Metroid + an expanded verson of Wind-Waker's FPS options but greyer and browner.

Also the bias of that was deliberate and meant as comedy to satairize the thread itself. - Basically it was self-aware.

Well if that were the case in this particular scenario you are describing, then I guess I wouldn't press or reverse button. I don't even like platformers anymore but it seems like a waste to deny its fans of more games, same with shooters, since I'm a shooter fan.

Oh, I see. Well, many Nintendo fans seem to genuninely hate shooters for some reason so excuse me for the misunderstanding.

Around the Network
Spike0503 said:
generic-user-1 said:

Well Ocarina of Time wass nearly first-person and Captain  Toad as nearly a Zelda Spin-off but is also quite faithfully a Mario game without jumping...

So basically, alot of FPS games in the vain of Metroid + an expanded verson of Wind-Waker's FPS options but greyer and browner.

Also the bias of that was deliberate and meant as comedy to satairize the thread itself. - Basically it was self-aware.

Well if that were the case in this particular scenario you are describing, then I guess I wouldn't press or reverse button. I don't even like platformers anymore but it seems like a waste to deny its fans of more games, same with shooters, since I'm a shooter fan.

Oh, I see. Well, many Nintendo fans seem to genuninely hate shooters for some reason so excuse me for the misunderstanding.

For the most part I do fall into that group with a few exceptions for absolute gems (Metroid Primes and, if you count them, Portals); but I'm always wiling to make a joke about my own views and sarcasticly 'over-present' them, as was my intentionn with that since the thread is naturally lop-sided. Seemed best to offer recourse for those of opposing views in a manner that was equally fun by making it deliberately contrast everything else through overplaying my own bias.

Sorry, i'm totally overexplaining the joke.

I really thought this was a community style dungeon and Dragons thread. So much potential gone to waste. Shame on all of you apart from the one person who replied to OP properly!

I'd rather turn everything into chocolate.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Both have fans in the industry. It would be selfish to take one or the other away from people. I for one like both. While id like to see more 3D platformers be made, that has nothing to do with shooters.  That has more to do with publishers and developer's decisions.

Around the Network

I'd destroy the button, being careful as to not push it while destroying it.

Fei-Hung said:
I really thought this was a community style dungeon and Dragons thread. So much potential gone to waste. Shame on all of you apart from the one person who replied to OP properly!

That didn't end too well for him though. 

Destroy that thing. It has too much power for mortal hands to possess.

Rigging it for Open World RPGs, than rigging it again to convert at least half of those Open World RPGs into JRPG style turn based RPGs.

What does realistic mean?

As far as I know, health regeneration isn't realistic so games with that don't count.

I'd press it with that understanding.

Pixel Art can be fun.