By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is so hard for Wii U sell 20,000,000?

Wii U to sell 20,000,000 ?

No way for sell less. 29 5.82%

i will be shocked if will sell less... 38 7.63%

50 / 50 chance 91 18.27%

hardly, but not impossible 158 31.73%

not a chance. 182 36.55%

Total:498
Angelv577 said:
DerNebel said:
Because even after 2 1/2 years on the market the system has yet to hit 10 million units.
Because there don't seem to be many system seller to be still coming out for the system and the few that are coming are still extremely far away (Zelda)
Because I don't see Nintendo still being interested in pushing the Wii U to new audiences, they are making bank on the Nintendo fans buying Amiibos like crazy and they'll soon be making a ton more cash on mobile, so I just don't see Nintendo going for aggressive price cutting measures on the Wii U, just let the thing run its course and then move on. The Wii U will never go below $100, even $150 would surprise me honestly.

There really is no point in Nintendo losing more cash on trying to expand the installbase of the Wii U.

This.  I couldn't say it any better.  Additionally, I don't see the Wii U below $200.  Nintendo is taking too long in slashing prices significantly.

You mean in software!:P

Because in hardware they have been fast...Gamecube got one big in 2002 and another one big in 2003 and 3DS took a huge one in its year of release,there are other paradigms,only wii u breaks the trend...

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Because they never made Metroid Prime 4. This is the price Nintendo pays for ignoring Samus.

And Microsoft never made Halo 6. :)

You sounds like a Nintendo never again will made a new game, I think that chances are very good that Nintendo will announce Metroid 4 on E3.

JRPGfan said:

The gamepad killed this consol..... that and lack of 3rd party support. /thread.

Question how many are expecting the next nintendo Consol to also use a gamepad?

Will it spell doom for that next consol as well?

Don't worry...The next handheld will possibly and logically  will have the fuctions to be what the gamepad was about wii u...

I hope because I'm in love with off-screen play!:P

Almost as expensive as an Xbox One at least at many german retailers, no third party support and Nintendo still hasn't managed to sell the gamepad. The best idea they themself have had was Nintendoland and a not so good touch Kirby, which reminds me of smartphonegames. Except those have a ten times smaller pricepoint.

I have defended the gamepad for a long time. But with Nintendo having actually no good idea the only option for Wii U i see to get 20m+ is finally make the gamepad optional, patch every game that just uses it as mandatory gimmick (Mario 3D World) and sell a pro controller SKU for no more than 199$/€.

As for this years sales, we will have to wait and see how Splatoon and Xenoblade X sell. But without Zelda there wont be a big hardware mover like Mario Kart. From end of may this year will get pretty tough for Nintendo.

the market has shown about as much interest in the Wii U as Nintendo has and it shows- they all but gave up on it before they had hardly started

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Wii U currently is selling better than last year, last year was around 3.6m for whole year, for Q4 (holiday season) of 2013. and Q4 2014. Wii U sold around 2m without price cut.

This year Wii U sold around 500k for first 3 month, and you expecting to sell only 700k-1m for next 9 months including holiday season with very likely price cut!?

Yes. Somehow, some way, we will be all disappointed by the big N. I trust them to do that much. :P

Eh, in all seriousness, I hadn't checked WiiU's sales lately, if the things you're telling me are correct, I now expect the Wii U to go out with a bit less than 15M, being optimistic.

I'm now filled with determination.

kinisking said:
It's only at 10 mil with Mario, Mario Kart, smash and more. No way it's going to have longer than 5 year life span also. I think 17-18 mil life time

You have it at 20m in your sig!:P:P:P:PP:P

thatguymarco said:
Miyamotoo said:

Wii U currently is selling better than last year, last year was around 3.6m for whole year, for Q4 (holiday season) of 2013. and Q4 2014. Wii U sold around 2m without price cut.

This year Wii U sold around 500k for first 3 month, and you expecting to sell only 700k-1m for next 9 months including holiday season with very likely price cut!?

Yes. Somehow, some way, we will be all disappointed by the big N. I trust them to do that much. :P

Eh, in all seriousness, I hadn't checked WiiU's sales lately, if the things you're telling me are correct, I now expect the Wii U to go out with a bit less than 15M, being optimistic.

Well, like I said Wii U this year will be sold 3-4m, and at end of year will probably be 12m>, for next year I don't believe will sell less than 3m, so you can say that 15m LT will be minimum.

Miyamotoo said:
thatguymarco said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well, like I said Wii U this year will be sold 3-4m, and at end of year will probably be 12m>, for next year I don't believe will sell less than 3m, so you can say that 15m LT will be minimum.

but we have not hit MK8 or SSB comps yet-   unless we get a HUGE surprise at e3 there is no title releasing this year that can move consoles like those 2

We'll be lucky to reach 15,000,000 as it is.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P