By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps3 outsold WiiU in Europe this week.

Yes theres not many games coming out for PS3, but wii U isnt getting a lot more which will ever allow it to build a library of as many quality games as the PS3.

If someone is on a budget and looking for a cheap console, PS3 ticks all the boxes. If they are really concerned about the future games, they will have to invest in a PS4/X1 or gaming PC because the wii U's future isnt much brighter than the PS3's.

Its still more surprising when wii U gets a multiplatform game than PS3, and I have a feeling it will stay that way until both consoles are dead.

Around the Network

Well, the Playstation brand has always been pretty strong in Europe and the PS3 is cheaper than the Wii U and has way cheaper games.

Goodnightmoon said:
Turkish said:
Nintendo was never as popular in Europe as in America. Overall the people having most nostalgia for Nintendo are Americans. You'll notice this on the internet like with youtubers or fan tributes.

Here there´s a lot of people with nostalgia for playstation too. It´s been 20 years on the european market for Sony, and it became popular on the psx, I know lots of very nostalgic sony gamers. I dont know why people thinks that only Nintendo has that nostalgia factor, my first Nintendo home console was at 14, I have no "nostalgia" about them.

Here "La Play" (the play) is almost the synonymous of "Home console" since 1996. And that says a lot.

You misunderstood. Europe largely has nostalgia for the PS1. Americans mostly have nostalgia for Nintendo. Look at American youtubers, fan tributes etc. The only place N64 sold well was America, it didn't do as good in Japan or Europe. They also really like shiny colorful mascots, which is why Sonic still lives on because Americans are fond of him.(look at his fanbase) I guess it also explains their superhero fetish.

Its a combination of Wii U bad sales with PS brand on Europe and strong line up (it doesn't mean first party but PS3 has already exist and have build much content) plus price drop.

etking said:

Overpriced weak and outdated hardware, a stupid tablet with no use, kids-only games with no fun for adults, uncool image, no marketing or wrong small kids-only marketing, an overprotective online mode for small kids only and no games and no 3rd party support should be enough reasons not to buy a Wii-U, even if you are a die-hard Nintendo fan like me.

The Wii-U does not deserve to be bought and needs a tablet-less redesign and price cut at E3. And Xenoblade X as well as HD support for old Wii games like the Dolphin Emulator.

Warned - Leadified

Couldn't have said it better myself, i feel exactly the same. I have been tempted to buy one now and then but it just isn't worth it. Especially now that NX is on the way.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
etking said:

Overpriced weak and outdated hardware, a stupid tablet with no use, kids-only games with no fun for adults, uncool image, no marketing or wrong small kids-only marketing, an overprotective online mode for small kids only and no games and no 3rd party support should be enough reasons not to buy a Wii-U, even if you are a die-hard Nintendo fan like me.

The Wii-U does not deserve to be bought and needs a tablet-less redesign and price cut at E3. And Xenoblade X as well as HD support for old Wii games like the Dolphin Emulator.

Warned - Leadified

Couldn't have said it better myself, i feel exactly the same. I have been tempted to buy one now and then but it just isn't worth it. Especially now that NX is on the way.

The console with best exclusives on the market by a landslide right now is "not worthy". Wait 2 years to play games we are playing now if that´s what you want.

97alexk said:
ryuzaki57 said:
ps3-sales! said: Why won't people buy the WiiU? The Ps3 doesn't even have games coming out anymore.

WiiU doesn't have a lot of upcoming games either... 

Star Fox, Splatoon, xenoblade chronicles X, zelda, Yoshi wooly world, unnamed project treausre, Shin megami tensei X Fire emblem, Mario Maker, more unnannounced titles from E3 guaranteed, Fatal frame , devils third. Now 7 of all those titles are guaranteed to be really good. Now what guaranteed great First party exclusives does XBOX one or PS4 have in the upcoming year. I can name only Uncharted (next year) and HALO 5 for xbox and idk about that

They do have 3rd party games all for themselves, and that's why people pick them rather than WiiU. You know, CoD Black Ops 3, Star Wars Battlefront, The Division, FFXV, The Witcher III, Deus Ex MD, Just Cause 3, Dead Island 2, Mirror's Edge 2, Assassin's Creed Victory, MGSV, No Man's Sky... all those little things.

Besides, PS4 alone has more exclusives than WiiU : Uncharted 4, Tearaway Unfolded, (probably) Gravity Daze 2, God of War 4, What Remains of Edith Finch, Dragon Quest Heroes, Star Ocean 5, Dissidia FF, SFV, Disgaea 5, Neptune V2, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Fairy Fencer F ADF, Persona 5, J-Stars Victory+, Rime

ryuzaki57 said:
97alexk said:
ryuzaki57 said:
ps3-sales! said: Why won't people buy the WiiU? The Ps3 doesn't even have games coming out anymore.

Star Fox, Splatoon, xenoblade chronicles X, zelda, Yoshi wooly world, unnamed project treausre, Shin megami tensei X Fire emblem, Mario Maker, more unnannounced titles from E3 guaranteed, Fatal frame , devils third. Now 7 of all those titles are guaranteed to be really good. Now what guaranteed great First party exclusives does XBOX one or PS4 have in the upcoming year. I can name only Uncharted (next year) and HALO 5 for xbox and idk about that

They do have 3rd party games all for themselves, and that's why people pick them rather than WiiU. You know, CoD Black Ops 3, Star Wars Battlefront, The Division, FFXV, The Witcher III, Deus Ex MD, Just Cause 3, Dead Island 2, Mirror's Edge 2, Assassin's Creed Victory, MGSV, No Man's Sky... all those little things.

Besides, PS4 alone has more exclusives than WiiU : Uncharted 4, Tearaway Unfolded, (probably) Gravity Daze 2, God of War 4, What Remains of Edith Finch, Dragon Quest Heroes, Star Ocean 5, Dissidia FF, SFV, Disgaea 5, Neptune V2, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Fairy Fencer F ADF, Persona 5, J-Stars Victory+, Rime

You have to remember that by now WiiU exclusives smash the ps4 exclusives, they are better by a landslide, look at the critical and public reception. New exclusives like Splatoon, Yoshi Wooly World, Mario Maker,  Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox U, Devil´s Third, Rodea, Fatal Frame V, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Zelda U and the new E3 announcements (Paper Mario?/animal croosing?/Metroid?) are cominng to join the extensive line up of great exclusives that the console already has, unlike ps4. They are going to join Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, DK Tropical Freeze, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate , Captain Toad, NSMBU, Zombie U, Wonderfull 101, Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario 3D World, etc

The console could be much more appealing just marketing the right way, because is pretty damn good.

And also some third parties are coming, it has the usual mainstream casual stuff like Lego Dimension/Jurassic Park,  Just dance and all that shit, but Project Cars is also coming, and Guitar Hero Live. It seems like BO3 or some other CoD could be coming on WiiU too as the latest activision twitters suggests (kind of), and we know that a big AAA port from Tantalus is coming. Things are better than it seems.

Goodnightmoon said:
ryuzaki57 said:
97alexk said:
ryuzaki57 said:

You have to remember that by now WiiU exclusives smash the ps4 exclusives, they are better by a landslide, look at the critical and public reception. New exclusives like Splatoon, Yoshi Wooly World, Mario Maker,  Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox U, Devil´s Third, Rodea, Fatal Frame V, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Zelda U and the new E3 announcements (Paper Mario?/animal croosing?/Metroid?) are cominng to join the extensive line up of great exclusives that the console already has, unlike ps4. They are going to join Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, DK Tropical Freeze, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate , Captain Toad, NSMBU, Zombie U, Wonderfull 101, Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario 3D World, etc

The console could be much more appealing just marketing the right way, because is pretty damn good.

And also some third parties are coming, it has the usual mainstream casual stuff like Lego Dimension/Jurassic Park,  Just dance and all that shit, but Project Cars is also coming, It seems like BO3 or some other CoD could be coming on WiiU too as the latest activision twitters suggests (kind of), and we know that a big AAA port from Tantalus is coming. Things are better than it seems.

So much bias it is not funny....

Goodnightmoon said:
ryuzaki57 said:
97alexk said:
ryuzaki57 said:

And also some third parties are coming, it has the usual mainstream casual stuff like Lego Dimension/Jurassic Park,  Just dance and all that shit, but Project Cars is also coming, and Guitar Hero Live. It seems like BO3 or some other CoD could be coming on WiiU too as the latest activision twitters suggests (kind of), and we know that a big AAA port from Tantalus is coming. Things are better than it seems.

See that is your problem
Those are a lot of games coming for the WiiU but those are mainly games that won't even sell to the existing WiiU owners.
Bayonetta 2 is soooooo goood OMG awesome² and it will never reach 1 Million units sold...Aren't there like nearly 10 Million sold WiiUs?
When not even the people owning a WiiU will buy it why would it get people into buying a console for it?
This goes for 95% of those games you listed - Those may be decent/good games but they don't sell and are even less system sellers.
Splatoon will bomb - A "shooter" without voice chat?Who should this atract?Kids?Adults?Kids play Call of Duty and stuff and so do adults.

And you forget - 99% of 3rd Party Games are exclusive to consoles not named WiiU
Star Wars Battlefront on the PS4 will sell probably in the first 7 days more than everything on your list not having Mario and Zelda in its name...COMBINED.
Metal Gear,Witcher,Batman and every other 3rd Party game are what people want and those aren't on the WiiU.
Hell why would anyone pick Call of Duty on the WiiU if there is a PS4/X1 Version?The WiiU is the only platform Call of Duty is selling like poo...i mean wtf?Call of Duty selling bad?
People want flawless and good working Online Gaming - The Online functions of the WiiU are at best on par with the Dreamcast.Its so far behind on the things that the GENERAL PUBLIC want and need in these days.

"And also some 3rd Parties are coming"
Project Cars...did they even talk about that version since they announced the much superior PS4 and X1 Versions?Games like that won't get people interested into buying a WiiU if there are 3(if PC Version available) Versions.

All those games you mentioned won't mean shit and won't get the 0815 gamer into buying a WiiU
The best versions of Call of Duty,Star Wars Battlefront,Metal Gear Solid,Batman,FIFA(THIS IS A HUGE ONE FOR EUROPE) and many others are what people want.
I will buy a WiiU mainly for Zelda(nostalgia) and so do others with games that are important to them - They are interested in 1-2 games and are done with that console cause it doesn't appeal to the mass market.
3rd Party is mainly selling consoles and WIiU doesn't even get 10% of those.

Oh and the console is currently priced far to high for what it offers
You get the complete package(PS4) for 400$ and a slightly worse version of it(the X1) for less.
The WIiU needs a pricecut down to 100-150$ cause that is the price it is worth especially with the X1 coming down so fast in price.