By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps3 outsold WiiU in Europe this week.

It's not that surprising to see the last gen outsell the Wii U for specific weeks or months, as it happened before...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Can you install CFW on new PS3s?

Nintendo was never as popular in Europe as in America. Overall the people having most nostalgia for Nintendo are Americans. You'll notice this on the internet like with youtubers or fan tributes.

Turkish said:
Nintendo was never as popular in Europe as in America. Overall the people having most nostalgia for Nintendo are Americans. You'll notice this on the internet like with youtubers or fan tributes.

Here there´s a lot of people with nostalgia for playstation too. It´s been 20 years on the european market for Sony, and it became popular on the psx, I know lots of very nostalgic sony gamers. I dont know why people thinks that only Nintendo has that nostalgia factor, my first Nintendo home console was at 14, I have no "nostalgia" about them.

Here "La Play" (the play) is almost the synonymous of "Home console" since 1996. And that says a lot.

This might be subjective, but in my memory Nintendo grasp on europes console market begins to fade with the introduction of the playstation (duh!).
When I was small lots of people I knew had NES or SNES consoles but the playstation is the first one that made a conscious impact on me (wich could have been because it was the first console I really owned too) being the hot new thing.
There were still a lot of people with N64s around too though and gameboy/gameboy color was king around the schoolyard.
Ironically now i know a lot of people that still have their gamecubes but at the time i wasn't really aware it even existed, because it was all about the PS2. A LOT of casuals bought into the PS2 for the singstar games and almost everyone around me owned one.
Then obviously the Wii blew up but ps3 was always loved as well (just so expensive...). Also everyone owned a ds along with the brain training game. Hell my stepmother who is as nongamer as it gets owned one....

What I'm trying to say is, there is nostalgia for nintendo especially among older people, but its mostly resticted to the handhelds. I think if you grew up in the nineties and don't have at least a little nostalgia for pokemon you just have no soul! ;P

Around the Network

If I never had a PS3 or a Wii U and had the option to buy either I'd pick the PS3 too.  It has a better library and the games and console is cheaper.

Wright said:
97alexk said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Why do they have to be either first party or exclusive? People buy consoles for games period. They don't care whether they are first party or exclusive.

True, its still not few games, that was my point, it doesnt have overall as many games as ps4 or xbox one  i think, idk actually, but i just see nintendo way more unique with their games most of the time. and quality over quanity, but people dont care about that. Its the sales that matters for most people here anyway. So quality over quanity is sadly dying out :/

But you can have quality and quantity :O

Idk, maybe, but quanity often means release many games often wich destroys the quality most of the times

I feel if Sony gave a substancial price drop for PS3, it woud sell more than WiiU globaly on weekly basis.

I believe part of the reason may just be differnt people differnt tastes.

I know most europeans have a very differnt sense of humor than most americans.
Most americans love the toe-curling embarrassment type of humor.... or the fall on a banana peel type of humor.

That doesnt work in europe (we just dont enjoy that, once it gets toe-curling, I usually turn it off).

Same with Action movies & these bright theme part style worlds.

American deem action moves good depending on how many car chases there are, how many explosions and shots fired ect. You dont really find that in european action movies because we just dont like things that are over the top exaggerated.  Worse is when simple logic is cut out and explained over and over in a movie to you.... *face palm*

How does this tie in with Nintendo? well nintendo does to some part, do these things.
Which is probably also why its loved more in america than anywhere else.

Ka-pi96 said:
97alexk said:
Wright said:

But you can have quality and quantity :O

Idk, maybe, but quanity often means release many games often wich destroys the quality most of the times

Nobody really does quantity like that though. Well, maybe Ubisoft Montreal, but all other developers give a good few years to every game they make.

well the thing is, if you release alot of the same kind of games on the same platform over and over again just for the quanity it gets redundant and plained out, i mean Mario has done it with the new super mario bros series, but most other nintendo franchises with the same gameplay style are not too frequent, aside from pokemon maybe, i hope they change that up a bit more. But like most popular ps4 and xbox one games have more realistic approach of graphics, its not bad, but it feels bored out. Doesnt mean they are bad games though. Like bloodborne.. Preatty great game. Call of duty? ehh not so much.