By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps3 outsold WiiU in Europe this week.

Ka-pi96 said:
Cloudman said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Cloudman said:
This was something I always found to be interesting about EU. Nintendo doesn't seem to be very popular there...

Maybe is because Nintendo did a terrible work with earlier Nintendo consoles on Europe, their marketing was pretty lame. They did a great job with their handheld though, and now people keeps playing their handhelds and ignoring the consoles. Same as always.

Yeah, it makes me wonder if Ninten did something outright terrible to turn people away. Though I don't much about the environment there, nor Nintendo's history in EU, and it doesn't seem like it would be a quick simple answer give. Oh well, it still makes me wonder...

I think it's more that they've just not done enough to lure people in than that they've done something to turn people away.

I see. I don't know much at all about this topic, but I would like to hear more about it if possible.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

Yeah, it makes me wonder if Ninten did something outright terrible to turn people away. Though I don't much about the environment there, nor Nintendo's history in EU, and it doesn't seem like it would be a quick simple answer give. Oh well, it still makes me wonder...

The only terrible thing nintendo have done in past i can think off, take 2 years or more to translate or bring game to west... but they getting better now you wait only 6month, still worst than sony or square etc who do World wide for many game.

Dr.Vita said:

This week? xD It is beating Wii U every week in Europe...
Nintendo home consoles never were popular in Europe. Europe = Playstationland DEAL WITH IT!!!

Idk, it may seem the case but germany may seem more of playstation side this time, but i think germany is more of an alltogether Nintendo side. Because its really popular there with mario kart and mario party. UK is more playstation and sweden is like more xbox sadly. Actually yeah UK is the only one who is mostly playstation focused rest of europe it differs way to much

ryuzaki57 said:
ps3-sales! said: Why won't people buy the WiiU? The Ps3 doesn't even have games coming out anymore.

WiiU doesn't have a lot of upcoming games either... 

Star Fox, Splatoon, xenoblade chronicles X, zelda, Yoshi wooly world, unnamed project treausre, Shin megami tensei X Fire emblem, Mario Maker, more unnannounced titles from E3 guaranteed, Fatal frame , devils third. Now 7 of all those titles are guaranteed to be really good. Now what guaranteed great First party exclusives does XBOX one or PS4 have in the upcoming year. I can name only Uncharted (next year) and HALO 5 for xbox and idk about that

97alexk said:
Dr.Vita said:

Nintendo home consoles never were popular in Europe. Europe = Playstationland DEAL WITH IT!!!

Idk, it may seem the case but germany may seem more of playstation side this time, but i think germany is more of an alltogether Nintendo side. Because its really popular there with mario kart and mario party. UK is more playstation and sweden is like more xbox sadly. Actually yeah UK is the only one who is mostly playstation focused rest of europe it differs way to much

Spain is VERY Sony sided too. Believe me U_u

Around the Network

Unfair? That's kind of a weird point to make. And the ps3 sells better in Europe because it's simply a better console. It has a massive amount of cheap great games available, the console itself is cheap, and doubles as a media player. No question as to why tbh...

Well, better consoles should sell better than the other consoles, so I don't find it that strange. Ps3 is a beast.

Goodnightmoon said:
97alexk said:
Dr.Vita said:

Spain is VERY Sony sided too. Believe me U_u

well xD thats too bad. very few hardcore nintendo fans in sweden, but they do exist and im glad ^_^

Wright said:

Well, better consoles should sell better than the other consoles, so I don't find it that strange. Ps3 is a beast.

Then Super Nintendo should be selling 400k every week.

Goodnightmoon said:
Wright said:

Then Super Nintendo should be selling 400k every week.

"Should" being the key word. :P